TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:42 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Verstappen came straight from F3 to F1 and drives exactly as so

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:45 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I wonder how many penalties Gilles Villeneuve vs René Arnoux would would have received...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:51 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
In actual racing you sometimes miss a corner while in an intense fight. In the good old days you'd either drive trough the gravel or, well shit, you gained some advantage by cutting. The guy behind regrouped and tried again a few corners or laps later. They didn't start crying like a little girl.

I'd say Let them race as long as there isn't blatant disregard for human life. And if anyone in the current field cannot handle that: GTFO!!!

I'm sorry, but your memory is suffering from serious rose tinting. This sort of bitching was happening at least a quarter of a century ago - no team radio on the tv, but they still managed to capture the tantrums from that upstart new guy Schumacher after Senna blocked him repeatedly at Silverstone 93, and caused him to spin and retire in Kyalami. We all know what happened with Senna and Irvine in Suzuka, because Irvine refused to play the good backmarker.

That was 23 years ago! Drivers at the front whingeing about backmarkers or over-zealous defending is nothing new. What is (comparatively) new is us being exposed to the radio conversations, which we also know are selectively broadcast to make it sound more interesting. All we had to go on before this was the hand-waving and other gesturing, which has always been common.

Oh, and in the same year Prost was penalised in Germany for cutting the chicane on the first lap and gaining an advantage...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd love to see that scene:
Max, P3, just get information that he did got 5s penalty and is P5, so he is angry and going out from podium. Vettel goes in, and starting to talk with Hamilton in Rosberg, then, someone (like in Top Gear challenges) gives him a white envelope, he opens it and reads: sorry mr. Vettel, you're also out" And then Ricciardo is coming with his big smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ziomkris96 wrote:
I'd love to see that scene:
Max, P3, just get information that he did got 5s penalty and is P5, so he is angry and going out from podium. Vettel goes in, and starting to talk with Hamilton in Rosberg, then, someone (like in Top Gear challenges) gives him a white envelope, he opens it and reads: sorry mr. Vettel, you're also out" And then Ricciardo is coming with his big smile

Bernie should arrange the same kind of cheesy trophy handover that he did for Fisichella and Raikkonen, except this time the third place trophy just gets passed along in a line to Yakety Sax.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hamilton's explanation for locking up seemed a bit weird to me, and apparently also the Hulk:

Autosport wrote:
Hamilton blamed a glazed front-right brake disc for this, claiming he had 500C in the front-left brake, and a maximum of 200C on the other side of the axle. Given the lead advantage he then had, there were several who were surprised he escaped not only without a penalty, but also without the stewards even looking at it. And, as Nico Hulkenberg, who had a box seat for the incident, said "if you have a glazed brake then it will be glazed for the rest of the race, so I'm surprised how he still won it..."

He said he knew about the brake problem before lining up on the grid, so I'm surprised that he still managed to produce such a thorough lockup.

Last edited by gkmotorsport on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:25 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

At one point after the pit-stops Mercedes told Rosberg that Verstappen was pushing.

Rosberg's reaction, for me, summarized what's wrong with F1 right now:

"Why is he doing that?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Race Control just needs to let the drivers race. If a driver has a problem with someone else racing them too hard, they should just do the same back. (as long as it's clean without avoidable contact, corner cutting or intentional incidents. obviously)

oh wait this is F1 I am talking about? nevermind that will never happen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

racer612008 wrote:
Race Control just needs to let the drivers race. If a driver has a problem with someone else racing them too hard, they should just do the same back. (as long as it's clean without avoidable contact, corner cutting or intentional incidents. obviously)

oh wait this is F1 I am talking about? nevermind that will never happen

Is there any category that allows this other than BTCC (with its resulting Plato) or F3 (with its resulting Verstappen)? I don't think either of them really help the argument!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Motorsport.com is reporting that Hamilton escaped a penalty because the telemetry showed he immediately backed off. I suspect the gap out of turn 2 would have been much smaller had Nico not been busy with his own problems.

Also Whiting was unaware of Vettel's message for him when they spoke immediately after the race...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Montoya got very relief so for not having to drink champagne from the boot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Hamilton's explanation for locking up seemed a bit weird to me, and apparently also the Hulk:

Autosport wrote:
Hamilton blamed a glazed front-right brake disc for this, claiming he had 500C in the front-left brake, and a maximum of 200C on the other side of the axle. Given the lead advantage he then had, there were several who were surprised he escaped not only without a penalty, but also without the stewards even looking at it. And, as Nico Hulkenberg, who had a box seat for the incident, said "if you have a glazed brake then it will be glazed for the rest of the race, so I'm surprised how he still won it..."

He said he knew about the brake problem before lining up on the grid, so I'm surprised that he still managed to produce such a thorough lockup.

The NBCSN crew talked about it on the warm up lap. The reason the issue with the brake disc didn't reoccur was probably because the race was put into VSC then SC period almost immediately after the incident, meaning he could put temperature cycles through the brake discs under lower speeds.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
The NBCSN crew talked about it on the warm up lap. The reason the issue with the brake disc didn't reoccur was probably because the race was put into VSC then SC period almost immediately after the incident, meaning he could put temperature cycles through the brake discs under lower speeds.

So he was #blessed with the timing of VSC/SC?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gael wrote:
kals wrote:

So he was #blessed with the timing of VSC/SC?

:lol: very much so

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:42 pm 

It's maybe not the 'best' type of excitement but I'm happy this rivalry between Red Bull and Ferrari is building up!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
too bad is not a title fight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The headlines on Autosport.com after the race:

Quote:
Ferrari won't 'take lessons' from Red Bull
Wehrlein blames Gutierrez for start crash
Wolff criticises Verstappen's aggression
Vettel frustration 'too much' - Ricciardo
Mercedes feared a Hamilton suspension failure
Hulkenberg unhappy with Raikkonen over clash
Ferrari surprised by Vettel penalty
Vettel loses podium with Mexican GP penalty
Sainz criticises Alonso penalty call
Vettel can't understand fuss over radio anger
Hamilton 'lucky' not to crash at start
Verstappen slams 'ridiculous' Vettel
Ricciardo: Vettel, Hamilton deserve penalties
Hamilton beats Rosberg again in Mexico

All in red are grown up adults moaning to/about each other like 5 year olds

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

How on Earth has Vettel not even been given a reprimand for telling the race director, the referee, to fuck off for all the world to hear, indeed for it to be a major talking point after the race?

Bloody Hell, the FIA is being run by a pack of fools. So realistically the next time a driver is penalized they can come on the radio and say what a dickhead Charlie is and that would be OK and acceptable and could argue such in an FIA tribunal?

Try saying something like that to any referee in any sport, say it so that the whole world can hear you and try and get away with even a reprimand.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:13 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

A reprimand? You can't be serious.
I say good for him to give the finger to the system after feeling like he was getting fucked over by Verstappen, rather than quietly driving around and simply repeating the politically correct comments of his PR manager to the media.
People get so nostalgic about past drivers being vocal and outspoken yet are so sanitized now that we call for drivers to be reprimanded for speaking out against the inconsistent system when they feel like they've been fucked by it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We want drivers that are outspoken because it's seen as brave and risky going against the establishment. But when the establishment just goes 'eh, say what you want, what's the point,' it's all a bit depressing.

Also, for all the bad calls people have blamed Charlie Whiting for over the years, he's served well in about the most thankless referee position you could imagine for decades, and deserves more respect than to be told to "fuck off, honestly" by an entitled petulant little German who's made more than his own share of mistakes this year.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next