TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 712 Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kimi found his mojo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Autosport wrote:
Lewis Hamilton has threatened to limit future media engagements over a Formula 1 race weekend in the wake of "disrespectful" coverage of his behaviour in the FIA press conference on Thursday.

The reigning three-time world champion appeared for his regular Saturday evening slot with the media at Suzuka, and started things off by saying he had something "not good" on his mind.

He added: "I'm not actually here to answer your questions, I've decided.

"With the utmost respect there are many of you here who are super-supportive of me, and those of you will hopefully know that I know who you are.

"But there are others, unfortunately, who often take advantage of certain things.

"The other day was a super-lighthearted thing, and if I was disrespectful to any of you guys, or you felt I was disrespectful, it honestly was not the intention.

"It was just a little bit of fun.

"But what was more disrespectful was what was then written worldwide.

"Unfortunately there are some people here and it's not them [that have written negative things], and unfortunately the decision I take affects those who have been super-supportive, so that's why I'm saying with the utmost respect.

"But, yeah, I don't plan on sitting here many more times at these kind of things, so my apologies, and I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend."

Hamilton's words were in response to the reports that followed his actions during the official driver press conference on Thursday at Suzuka.

With questions being asked to other drivers around him, Hamilton was uploading pictures he was taking on his mobile phone to his Snapchat account, including one of himself with cartoon rabbit ears, whiskers and a carrot, and with the message: "This shit is killing me."

A further picture followed of Carlos Sainz, who was sat behind him, complete with a fox's ears and nose.

With the press conference being beamed live, Hamilton was asked as to share what he was looking at, to which he replied: "It's quite funny. Just some snaps of us drivers.

"We've been doing this [the FIA press conferences] a long, long time and it's the same each time so got to keep adding new things to it."

Asked after practice on Friday for his thoughts on what Hamilton had done the day before, Sainz said: "I understand both sides.

"I know when I go to a dinner, and when I speak with my dad on the phone, he doesn't like it.

"The same as I understand you guys didn't like asking a question to Lewis and with him on the phone.

"But I also understand he has been doing this for 10 years, that the press conferences have been the same, that he perfectly knew what they were going to ask him - his engine failure and whether he trusts the team or not.

"I understand the position behind the cameras and in front of the cameras, and not because I want to be politically correct."

Apparently Hamilton walked out immediately after his words.

So if I understand this correctly, Lewis is now pissed off that the journalists who he chose to blank in the last presser were pissed off with him? But only they are disrespectful?

These press conferences clearly are boring for the drivers, but AIUI it is the only chance for a lot of journalists to actually interview people in a controlled environment. I think he would do well to remember that no driver is bigger than the sport and they all have to do the boring stuff on a Thursday.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Every job has boring parts, he gets to drive an F1 car for 3 days after a boring press conference. How long do they last anyway, 30 minutes? I do agree that most questions that are asked are boring, but that's because drivers won't answer any risky or controversial questions honestly. He can play with his phone, but don't over do it. Take a few pics and then be a professional and answer some questions, every body is happy then

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I totally support Lewis there. Some aspects of F1 are more boring than a month long grass grow test and more burocratic than a nuclear power plant manual and they really didnt need ot be like that. A shame that he answered like that though. I would just get to the next press conference wearing actual rabbit ears.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

spoiled manchild

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pretty sure the Merc board members aren't very happy with the recent negative publicity he has attracted and seems to be openly perpetuating. Especially when they practically have a company yes man in the other seat.

Don't know about anyone else but seems pretty obvious to me that he is not all there and his starting to not give a shit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:04 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
I totally support Lewis there. Some aspects of F1 are more boring than a month long grass grow test and more burocratic than a nuclear power plant manual and they really didnt need ot be like that. A shame that he answered like that though. I would just get to the next press conference wearing actual rabbit ears.

I'd buy him the ears myself if he'd do it. That would be the kind of mood lightener the sport needs so badly.
Schumifan wrote:
spoiled manchild

This is also very true and why I've never been a fan of LH.

Off topic: Man, Ferrari is doggy poo this year. Seb was supposed to be the NEXT German but all we got was A German when we signed him. I know it took a few years for things to click at the onset of the Schumacher era, but honestly we are trending down. Hopefully they are just focusing 100% on the upcoming rules change but I still don't have a great feeling. It's like Notre Dame football being in a "rebuilding" year for the better part of the last 25 years. /rant

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:40 pm 

Anyone else watch Ted's Notebook?

Just him randomly wandering around and rambling about things and occasionally ranting and getting the camera operator to blatently zoom in and paparazzi the conversations going on in the various hospitality tents. Caught Kimi doing a "bwarp" live although it means nothing without sound.

Quite watchable even when it's not entirely informative. Ted knows his stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:39 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Lewis knows what snapchat is, willing to bet the majority of the old curmogeons that spun it negatively had to first ask their grand kids wtf it was he was doing before they found a way to paint it in a bad light

Giant non story
fia should've jumped on his snaps and promoted them to a new generation of fans on sc, instead of allowed themselves to be presented as even more out of date :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:47 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

out of date? it's a press conference, not a social media conference.

There's 23 hours in the day to snapchat and instagram.
Be a professional. But like the Kardashian whores, he can't seem to get enough attention.

Can't believe you're actually finding this normal?

Do you take out your phone and snapchat all around during a meeting when LULZ ITS BORING?

Last edited by Fabs on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He is the number one shit pusher on Sky F1. Pretty much ever stupid conspiracy theory or blatant Sky F1 favoritism he is at the forefront pushing it and follows up with, well that is the rumor...or...that's what people are saying...

I watch his stuff but I want to yell at him to shut up

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:48 pm 

Ted is a dipshit and a real douchebag tbh.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:53 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Fabs wrote:

Be a professional. But like the Kardashian whores, he can't seem to get enough attention.

Do you take out your phone and snapchat all around during a meeting when LULZ ITS BORING?

It's not a meeting it's s press conference for the sport to generate headlines for the upcoming race

Ding ding ding, Lewis did that.

They're not curing cancer, just talking about cars driving around a track....

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Fabs wrote:
Ted is a dipshit and a real douchebag tbh.

Ted used to be cool on itv/bbc, very insightful, but as soon as he went to sky he started to believe his own hype

Instead of reporting the news he now tries to create it and it's cringe worthy

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Lewis knows what snapchat is, willing to bet the majority of the old curmogeons that spun it negatively had to first ask their grand kids wtf it was he was doing before they found a way to paint it in a bad light

Giant non story
fia should've jumped on his snaps and promoted them to a new generation of fans on sc, instead of allowed themselves to be presented as even more out of date :roll:

Is the feeling of him being disrespectful down to the comment "This shit is killing me"? But is he going to say that that is out of context too? Meaning that he thinks rabbit ears are sooooo like you know, like, funny? Not as in this press conference is a boring waste of time and I am so above it, which was the first thought that came to my mind?

Overblown? Yes a bit. But he is just bringing it all upon himself.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:57 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
Fabs wrote:

It's not a meeting it's s press conference for the sport to generate headlines for the upcoming race

Ding ding ding, Lewis did that.

They're not curing cancer, just talking about cars driving around a track....

A press conference is a meeting between the press and the drivers.
He's just a spoiled brat that wants to drive cars and can't accept an F1 driver is an employee from a large company.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:00 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

webbsy wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Giant non story

Is the feeling of him being disrespectful down to the comment "This shit is killing me"? But is he going to say that that is out of context too? Meaning that he thinks rabbit ears are sooooo like you know, like, funny? Not as in this press conference is a boring waste of time and I am so above it, which was the first thought that came to my mind?

Overblown? Yes a bit. But he is just bringing it all upon himself.

Lol i didn't even think of it any other way than the pictures being commented on, as was the intention.
If people are stretching it to mean he was referring to the press conference then there's no end of lengths people will go to to try and spin a negative Hamilton story

It's nothing more than tall poppy syndrome, he's a young successful British driver so therefore he must be destroyed :p

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:55 pm 

Y everyone so srs?

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:14 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:06 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Picking this year's champion is really a choice between least unlikeable - difficult

I can only hope Hamilton somehow loses it completely tomorrow, yelling at Lauda and Wolff, kicking Rosberg in the face, crying in a corner, running to a priest to be #blessed etc. Could spice up the remainder of the season.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 712 Next