TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:57 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Lewis will get flak for just noticing the statistics though, when Nico got spun at turn 1 I thought "finally, some bad luck for Nico, couple more races like that and it might even things up"

Aside from the suspension failure, Nico's car has been exemplary, while Lewis has had so many technical problems he had to start Spa from the back of the grid due to them using the rule loophole to get them a fresh batch of engines.
Now one of THEM has failed

So Lewis is right to wonder, I guess the team won't be happy he's wondering about it in public but atm he's high on adrenaline and a massive amount of disappointment.
So obviously he'll deserve criticism for showing emotion. :roll:

It was a pretty awful race bar the first 10 laps or so. Then suddenly the Red Bull team put on a demonstration of tast racing that woke us all up, then bam, Lewis was out and that really put an end to that
(Unlike the TV broadcasters I rated the chances of Max passing Danny for the lead at about 0% and that's no slight on max, but both broadcasters here went into "OMG Don't switch off in disgust, there's totally going to be more side by side battling between the red bulls, promise!" hype mode when in reality Danny was ahead on fresher tyres and that was all she wrote)

Also I know this VSC is new and all that, but can someone inform the director when it is actually ending, so we're not lingering on shots of the crowd or Lewis/Vettel walking back to the pits when the all important restart is on
That's another problem with the VSC, no build up in excitement for a restart, it just happens and usually someone makes an unfair jump (Rosberg in Austin last year, Max today) and the FIA don't seem able to monitor or penalise those who do

So yeah, what a fucking gut punching way for this championship to end. Lewis could win every race with Nico 2nd and we'd end up with our least deserving world champion since James Hunt or something....
Reminds me a lot of 2006 where it was looking like a close battle between Alonso and MS, then an engine failure for Ferrari in Japan just burst the balloon of excitement.

It's over guys, lets just hope for some rain at Japan/Cota/Brazil to make it worth watching

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hilarious podium.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Something is going on down at Mercedes. Lots of Niki and others talking to one another, and something shown to them from a team member's phone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fucking hell Lewis shit happens, was Rosberg crying conspiracy when he had his problems and shit went down after Spa 2014?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Lewis could win every race with Nico 2nd and we'd end up with our least deserving world champion since James Hunt or something....

I know it's tough being a Hamilton fanboy when he's #notblessed, but seriously? Rosberg has simply beaten Lewis the last few races, and if you really wanted to see a fair fight I would have thought you'd be disappointed by the prospect of Lewis gaining the advantage in the championship through an incident that was no fault of Nico's at the start of the race.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Something is going on down at Mercedes. Lots of Niki and others talking to one another, and something shown to them from a team member's phone.

they're most likely being told all the shit Lewis is saying to the media, if he doesn't like a team that's provided him the last two WDC's and multiple wins this year he should fuck off and join another team

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
that's what F1 needs, engines blowing

specially from the leader, that bittersweet sensation of the random happening

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Philthy82 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Lewis could win every race with Nico 2nd and we'd end up with our least deserving world champion since James Hunt or something....

I know it's tough being a Hamilton fanboy when he's #notblessed, but seriously? Rosberg has simply beaten Lewis the last few races, and if you really wanted to see a fair fight I would have thought you'd be disappointed by the prospect of Lewis gaining the advantage in the championship through an incident that was no fault of Nico's at the start of the race.

Agreed, it's a bit of a stretch to say he's the least deserving world champion, yes he's had a few bad races but in general he's driven bloody well this year and has been more than a match for Lewis on many occasions, it's amazing how butt hurt Lewis fans get so quickly as if their man hasn't won a WDC ever, he bloody dicked the entire field last year ffs!!!!!!!!

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rosberg is taking his shot, this year is his last chance as Red Bull could be able to rape the field next year

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If Rosberg does win the championship then it's because he bloody well deserved it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Philthy82 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Lol and suddenly we're back to being 12 again

Nico having a drive through the field race I thought would even things up a bit, Lewis has had to do that about 4 times this season and when he stormed through the field in Spa it was "LUCK! OMG HE'S SO LUCKY!"

Of course Lewis isn't blessed, that would imply there's some sort of higher power in the universe that favours one driver over another, but he's definitely unluckier this year

As for Nico, he's the ralf schumacher of this generation. Can win when he starts from pole and everything goes his way, but races like Monaco, Silverstone and Austria prove he was at almost Massa levels of choking away a championship before the reliability swung things back in his favour.

If anyone could project the championship points taking out Lewis' reliability issues, even if you just give him the points for a hypothetical 2nd place finish to Nico, I'm sure the championship picture would be a lot clearer, even if the last 2 seasons haven't been clear enough

But then if you defend the Forum's most hated driver, you're a fanboy, because that's the level of discussion you can manage. Good stuff!

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

:tumble:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:28 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Actually watching the replays of the start Rosberg cut back a bit tighter into the corner which I think surprised Vettel. Was just a racing incident.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Nico having a drive through the field race I thought would even things up a bit, Lewis has had to do that about 4 times this season and when he stormed through the field in Spa it was "LUCK! OMG HE'S SO LUCKY!"

Of course Lewis isn't blessed, that would imply there's some sort of higher power in the universe that favours one driver over another, but he's definitely unluckier this year

As for Nico, he's the ralf schumacher of this generation. Can win when he starts from pole and everything goes his way, but races like Monaco, Silverstone and Austria prove he was at almost Massa levels of choking away a championship before the reliability swung things back in his favour.

If anyone could project the championship points taking out Lewis' reliability issues, even if you just give him the points for a hypothetical 2nd place finish to Nico, I'm sure the championship picture would be a lot clearer, even if the last 2 seasons haven't been clear enough

But then if you defend the Forum's most hated driver, you're a fanboy, because that's the level of discussion you can manage. Good stuff!

Well he does idolizes Senna doesn't he. So why not the Senna line of thinking that God is watching over him, hence he is more special than everyone else.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

I think it's pretty clear to all which of us the more emotional one at the moment. I'm rooting for the fight between Rosberg and Hamilton to continue right to the end (god knows that's the only excitement to hope for this season) but writing one driver off as undeserving regardless of the result is just a bit sad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:38 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

webbsy wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

Well he does idolizes Senna doesn't he. So why not the Senna line of thinking that God is watching over him, hence he is more special than everyone else.

I've never understood as that as a reason to hate Lewis. He's basically a fanboy himself who is lucky enough to be behind the wheel of a car in the sport he is a fanboy of

Plenty of other people recreate the same thing, usually behind the wheel of their computers instead, but to hate on lewis because he's a fan of the sport and has watched races outside of the ones he has driven in, seemingly unlike all the other drivers.....? EH? That's a bad thing?

Just be glad it wasn't Schumacher he chose as his idol :mrgreen:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thank God Lewis isn't brazilian

broadcasters would spend the rest of the race, the following week and the whole Japanese GP moaning "oh no they don't our poor beloved Lewis to win, why are they so mean to us, what did we do wrong to deserve this???"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:43 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

LucasWheldon wrote:
thank God Lewis isn't brazilian

broadcasters would spend the rest of the race, the following week and the whole Japanese GP moaning "oh no they don't our poor beloved Lewis to win, why are they so mean to us, what did we do wrong to deserve this???"

Sky F1 DO do that

Perhaps the reason I'm able to stand and even enjoy watching him race is I'm avoiding their tabloid coverage as much as possible

Channel 4 seem a lot more balanced, they didn't really dwell on the conspiracy theory shite.
They mentioned it and moved on.

Sky interrupted interviews with other drivers to continually voice the conspiracy crap

So yeah, try watching via Sky F1 in the UK and it'll be a nostalgia trip for you :p

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

after the race I always pick up some interviews by watching Sky, I saw some of that today haha

looks like they do everything to get more subscriptions

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:55 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Philthy82 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

I think it's pretty clear to all which of us the more emotional one at the moment. I'm rooting for the fight between Rosberg and Hamilton to continue right to the end (god knows that's the only excitement to hope for this season) but writing one driver off as undeserving regardless of the result is just a bit sad.

Well, when you look at the unreliability and share of bad luck, as well as the speed, then Lewis is the far more deserving of the WC this season. Rosberg managed to piss away a 43 points advantage to the point where he was 19 points behind Lewis. Yes, Nico showed good pace in the last two races but he just doesn't cut it in a straight comparison. It is peculiar that only Hamilton's engines go kaboom of all the 43 units Mercedes has supplied this year thus far. So yes, he is right to question it and if you put yourself in his position, which would require intelligence and empathy, then you could see how what he said, makes sense - especially to to a person in that position. But then again, the hate is strong so I'll not waste my time to attempt a reasonable discussion :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 Next