TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Shit race, shit penalty

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I liked, that's not about skill, just stupidity.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I actually thought the racing behind the front wasn't too bad. Pity it was for the bottom of the points or just outside of it, but certainly wasn't a snoozer for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh goody!! This predicts lots of fun for the rest of the season
http://www.espn.in/f1/story/_/id/171860 ... ap-germany

Whenever he came on the radio I kinda expected him to say "So...anyone know a good joke? I'm bored"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:

if Verstappen played a Piquet at Adelaide Rosberg would reconsider not turning to hold position

The problem is, neither Rosberg nor Verstappen operate at the levels Piquet and Mansell were at that point. They didn't like each other, but they did trust each other - Piquet knew that Mansell would back out, and Mansell knew that he had no chance on that lap.

Rosberg has made it pretty clear that he cannot pull a subtle move, and tbh I doubt anyone on the grid currently trusts Max. Unfortunately his racecraft was honed in Formula 3, which says all that needs to be said...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:10 pm 
This place is Purile and Childish

Same kind of move. Last-second GTFO divebomb. Yet Verstappen was praised for this move, not penalized.
It is actually a great move to pull. Both Verstappen's and Rosberg's. This is what we need in F1. Guys going all-in and taking risks.

As soon as Rosberg got the penalty, I stopped watching the race. Worst decision this year by far, an utter disgrace.
If anything, Verstappen should have gotten the penalty for his last second move in the braking zone. Second race in a row he does this. Someone needs to hit him with a brick before another driver gets seriously hurt because of his dick moves.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:24 pm 

Talladega wrote:

Same kind of move. Last-second GTFO divebomb. Yet Verstappen was praised for this move, not penalized.
It is actually a great move to pull. Both Verstappen's and Rosberg's. This is what we need in F1. Guys going all-in and taking risks.

As soon as Rosberg got the penalty, I stopped watching the race. Worst decision this year by far, an utter disgrace.
If anything, Verstappen should have gotten the penalty for his last second move in the braking zone. Second race in a row he does this. Someone needs to hit him with a brick before another driver gets seriously hurt because of his dick moves.

If it wasn't for the action from and around Max I would not have bothered to keep watching at all from last year on. And as Jos has beaten people into disability before I would not go near them with a brick :p .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:05 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Talladega wrote:

No it wasn't, and you can clearly see it. Max applies the steering wheel, aims for the apex and terribly overshoots it. That's also what we've seen from Ricciardo sometimes with his divebombs. Rosberg however just keeps on going straight with no steering input, matching the deceleration rate of the other car, no intention of going for the apex and when he has reached the white line, he turns.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ericsson was never forced of the track

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
and Verstappen at least turned the steering

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I also thought that could make a penalty. But this is only half as dirty as Rosbergs move. On the other hand. Ericsson didn't change the line under braking to offset Verstappen.

Also, that is a much bigger straight and that wasn't such a divebomb compared to other overtakes on that same corner.

Also what other said, he made the corner, not like Rosberg did. But I think that if Rosberg had the line he wanted, he would've made a clean nice looking pass.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rosberg would have been in the clear if he actually steered. He didn't and that warrants the penalty.

It's just another dumb penalty by a frustrated driver who maximized the results when Hamilton had a bad luck streak. Now that bad luck is gone he knows he's shit out of luck and won't win the title unless he pushes Hamilton of the stairs (literally).

All the penalties he's gotten might be discussable but it all comes from his frustration of not being able to match Hamilton under normal circumstances.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:30 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Here Button & Perez pushing each other off the track. Were there penalties? Did anybody care about that?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:08 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Rosberg is just bad at wheel to wheel, it's his kind of over-thinking every aspect of it that leads to his amateurism in combat situations.

Most of the rest of the field are more instinctive, they don't think, they feel.
Yes sometimes that leads to accidents but it's better than not being able to pass at all, Nico.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
Here Button & Perez pushing each other off the track. Were there penalties? Did anybody care about that?

Button certainly cared! He complained about it during and after the race, and Perez was asked to cool his shit by McLaren.

Had they been driving for different teams, McLaren would have almost certainly cried to Charlie, and I think it's fair to say a penalty would have followed. The stewards are generally more lenient when it is team-mates.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:14 pm 

micha wrote:
Rosberg would have been in the clear if he actually steered. He didn't and that warrants the penalty.

Rosberg would have been in the clear if Verstappen had done what any intelligent driver does in this situation, let the other driver overshoot the apex, take a tighter line than him when exiting the corner and accelerating, and get your position back.
Verstappen was not pushed off the track. He decided to go off to defend his position, and he failed. There are millions of successful or failed moves like this throughout the history of F1, this has never been a cause of penalty.
He defended really badly and lost a position as a result of this. Why should Rosberg be penalized for that?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:17 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Button certainly cared! He complained about it during and after the race, and Perez was asked to cool his shit by McLaren.

Had they been driving for different teams, McLaren would have almost certainly cried to Charlie, and I think it's fair to say a penalty would have followed. The stewards are generally more lenient when it is team-mates.
Here the same with Alonso, and no further action warranted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W9ojuNvqWc#t=2m15s

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bitching about things being unfair on the radio should get you a 5 second penalty.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seb would be starting at the back of each race the way he complains about blue flags. Make him taste his own medicine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Talladega wrote:
micha wrote:

Rosberg would have been in the clear if Verstappen had done what any intelligent driver does in this situation, let the other driver overshoot the apex, take a tighter line than him when exiting the corner and accelerating, and get your position back.
Verstappen was not pushed off the track. He decided to go off to defend his position, and he failed. There are millions of successful or failed moves like this throughout the history of F1, this has never been a cause of penalty.
He defended really badly and lost a position as a result of this. Why should Rosberg be penalized for that?

As I said, he didn't steer into the corner. He just kept going straight forcing Verstappen to miss the corner. Verstappen could and should have handled it better but that's besides the point.
The penalty is debatable but the action comes from a frustrated driver who is starting to do dumb things because he lost the title-race already.
His other penalties are a result of that too. And I wouldn't be surprised if his previous penalties played a role in this one. The stewards looked at this incident, recalled the last few weeks and automatically where biased against him. Without the previous penalties he probably would be in the clear as well.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next