TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 57151 Next

What's going to be the biggest surprise of 2016 season?
Ferrari beats Mercedes 11%  11%  [ 9 ]
Williams will stay 3rd in standings 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
McLaren Honda gets podium 37%  37%  [ 29 ]
No wet races 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Maldonado and Palmer are incredibly reliable and scores in every race 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
People will not complain how boring it is 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
It isn't actually boring at all 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
Total votes: 79
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

siggy wrote:
Drivers don't have the balls to do anything. The USGP of 2005 was a great example.

Monza 2001 is an even better example.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:45 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

cookie wrote:
I was hoping C4 could get the full rights in 2019, who the he'll sells the rights so far in advance? What if C4 grows the F1 audience, they won't put much effort in it now that they know they'll loose the rights anyway

F1 sells rights that far in advance ... 100 years, for example.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Apart from the immediate aftermath of Imola 1994 this is the first time I have seen a driver's response to anything in F1 like that letter. Show's that there is a fundamental rift developing between those in charge and those participating. BUT the only way anything will get done is if the driver's ACTUALLY have a clear plan for the betterment of the sport.

That letter is just a general blank statement that doesn't actually say anything, and continuous comments from people like Hamilton of
"I love this sport, I love racing. Ultimately I don't know all the changes that should be made, but whatever changes have been made it hasn't made the spectacle better, it hasn't made the racing better from a driver's perspective."

Lewis, and the GPDA you SHOULD know of what changes need to be made. After all you live, breathe, converse with your team and drive these things so you are THE most qualified people to know what needs to be done. If they don't put forward any proposals then their discontent is just meaningless and contributes nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:04 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just when you thought elimination qualifying was dead.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-no ... in-681873/
https://adamcooperf1.com/2016/03/23/tod ... ualifying/

Didn't like it, Don't want any part of it to be retained & honestly if they do retain any part of it I probably just won't watch it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What in the fuck is going on? I'm sure I am not alone here in saying that I love F1 and am trying to stay positive and don't want to be negative, but the way things have gone the last 3 to 4 years, if a viable open wheeled series with the main principles of F1 arose I would ditch F1 and watch that. I don't consider IndyCar and Formula E to be those alternatives.

I've never been more disillusioned with F1 as I am at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
What in the fuck is going on? I'm sure I am not alone here in saying that I love F1 and am trying to stay positive and don't want to be negative, but the way things have gone the last 3 to 4 years, if a viable open wheeled series with the main principles of F1 arose I would ditch F1 and watch that. I don't consider IndyCar and Formula E to be those alternatives.

I've never been more disillusioned with F1 as I am at the moment.

No wonder the drivers have released their statement.
It may not help at this moment but if they want they now could go on strike and refer to the statement. Most fans would now rally behind them.
If they would go on strike without this statement first fans might not understand and it would backlash.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:38 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Yeah, what a mess F1 is these days.

It would almost make sense to get rid of that silent nailbiting frenchman and get that spanking nazi back in charge. At least the later got many things for the sports right! When was the last time that Todt did anything? Anything else than threating to sue Streiff and Hartstein? For the sport? Nothing comes to my mind...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lets alienate the fans some more: http://pretendracecars.net/2016/03/23/f ... lares-war/

I know its a very thin line because of the rights and all but come on. Noone is making a profit on it so why hate free publicity?

Quote:
And while the sport is dying an extremely painful and humiliating death in front of record low crowds, frustrated old men under the Formula One banner have instead chosen to pick a fight with an extremely small group of sim racers on the internet – talented individuals who have dedicated their free time to spreading the joy of Formula One.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:29 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The off track idiocracy has become more entertaining than the on track stuff :thumbsup:

Wait, Jean Todt is still alive? :8:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's still amazes me that they actually got rid of the double points at the season finale.
I think now they would just think "hmm, everyone hates double points, but maybe if we calculate some weight coefficient that depends on the total amount of points per driver and the number of remaining races left, then it will work and still be simple enough."

I'm quite sure this will be my last year following F1. And I'm serious. I have more important things to do (I'm starting my PhD) than watch this circus full of miserable clowns acting like lunatics. If I were Hamilton or Vettel, I would just give the finger and left the series for good. Though I doubt that would teach them anything.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Can we stop pretending and making empty threats about ceasing to watch or follow F1? You lot have been saying the same thing for years and guess what, you're still here and still watching. It ain't gonna happen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not making any threats but I am watching less and less because I don't feel like making the time for it.
Partly because of an age thing, just outgrown it but also because of everything going on with F1 that is alienating me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm still watching because when you don't pay attention to what's going on behind the scenes, there are cars racing around the race track, it's enjoyable, and most races produce some kind of excitement that is above the historical average of what F1 has delivered in its history.

There, I said it. Taking a look back at the gaps between teams during the different eras of F1, even last season seems close as balls.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Joe Saward, like him or hate him, has pretty much nailed it: https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2016/03 ... n-to-stop/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
I'm not making any threats but I am watching less and less because I don't feel like making the time for it.
Partly because of an age thing, just outgrown it but also because of everything going on with F1 that is alienating me.

This, didn't even botter getting up early for Melbourne. I'll probably watch some races when they are run on a decent hour and I have no other plans.

F1 became boring. We only need some more personality. F1 needs its Peter Sagan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

it's not just boring but also complex. They used to have several options of tyres and they could run whatever they want. now they have to say how many of each they want and if they had their way, the drivers had to announce when they will run said tyres.

The failed qualifying was just hard to explain to anyone not bothered spending every minute of each day following everything from training to races to fart contests of the mechanics.

The fuel flow thing is another thing that makes it hard to understand wtf is going on. Its supposed to be the fastest series not the most efficient series.

And lets not start about F1 being elitist snobs. Bernie saying he doesnt care about the young fans because they're not the one's buying a rolex.
I'm almost 36 and that might be old to some but I still feel young so I feel personally offended by it. I spent almost 30 years watching races. First sporadically with my dad and then rigorously following each race and any session I could. I woke up for the warm-up, regardless of the time. But now all of a sudden us young folks aren't the core target? Sorry but I was part of the generation that helped F1 grow to its popularity.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Elimination qualifying is staying for Bahrain, unaltered. :slaphead:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... or-bahrain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:

Because we haven't fucked up enough just yet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
kals wrote:

Because we haven't fucked up enough just yet.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:55 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:

Huh?
They decided to scrap it. And now they don't?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 57151 Next