TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's what frustrates me. I feel that suspending Kenseth is the correct call, and sends the right message, but Harvick gets away with that move completely. It can't have been 'lack of evidence,' as it seemed just as obvious as the MWR scandal from Richmond. In that case, they were heavily penalised. Excellent consistency.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:16 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

RtN wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:
So if you're running 30th, you have every right to play destruction derby with the rest of the field?

I dunno, where was Harvick running at the last restart at Dega?

First restart 11th
second restart 9th

Not that it matters.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There should be no distinction between which place you are running, deliberate wrecking is deliberate wrecking and it doesn't matter if it's for 41st or 1st, it is the intent that is the important part, and therefore the punishment should be the same too.

That is of course if you want to be known as a consistent, impartial governing body, and we all know NASCAR is about as consistent and impartial as a British MP.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I find it strange that so many people are in such an uproar about inconsistency. It seemed pretty unanimous among us that Kenseh should be meaningfully penalized. That's exactly what happened and now everyone is moaning. Technically what we were asking for is inconsistency, and they actually delivered. I would wait until the next time someone does some crazy shit, examine that and whatever penalties come down, and THEN we can better judge how these incidents are handled.

It feels really weird to defend NASCAR these days but I guess this is one of the times the broken clock was accurate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ken Mattseth was much funnier.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Underdogfan wrote:
(Part of the Carl/Brad was those cars taking off on contact. Not Carl's fault there.)

Are you shitting me?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:44 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

I don't want to take a serious stance on anything NASCAR related but where Earl spun Brad, that was like someone pushing someone in front of a train and telling the police later that they didn't think the train would hit them. Lets say Brad doesn't flip (those roof flaps did thar job). Other possible scenarios that follow:

Brad hits the wall flush with the drivers side and is seriously hurt.
Brad over corrects and hits the wall head on and is seriously hurt.
Brad fights the car as it hurrrrs into the pit wall and everyone is seriously hurt.
Brad slides onto the apron and back into turn 1 into the path of probably Kevin Conway, he's seriously hurt Conway is running wide open but only 130mph.
Brad hits a car coming out of the pits and both drivers are seriously hurt.
Brad hits a car coming out of the pits and sends that driver into the track where Kevin Conway hits him and is launched into the seats where it kills three people and they don't even stop the damn race.

See what I'm getting at here? Earl attempted murder.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes Carl deliberately wrecked Brad, but he wasn't banking on his car taking off the ground, that was a product of that fuckin' wing. Don't think Horseface was smart enough to think he'd turn Brad over at Atlanta.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Underdogfan wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Underdogfan wrote:
Yes Carl deliberately wrecked Brad, but he wasn't banking on his car taking off the ground, that was a product of that fuckin' wing. Don't think Horseface was smart enough to think he'd turn Brad over at Atlanta.

Bullshit. Earl knew exactly what happened to those cars with that wing when they got turned at speed - he had first hand experience. If he only wanted to wreck Keselowski he would've done it at 160 in the corner or waited until the next short track race, like Kenseth just did. Instead he dragged his bodged-up car back onto the track to try and hurt Keselowski.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:21 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well then I wasn't giving Earl enough credit for sure. Then yea add him to the list of drivers who definitely should have been suspended the next week....whatever now we wait for the next big payback and see what's done by NASCAR.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Another similarity: Edwards was also trying to retaliate where it wasn't even warranted to begin with.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chris A wrote:
Another similarity: Edwards was also trying to retaliate where it wasn't even warranted to begin with.

That's the part that got me heated most about that incident. I realize Carl already had a short fuse as far as Brad K was concerned but on the restart he was mad at, Keselowski was just digging hard on the low line and Carl was trying to arc it in and drove across the front of his nose. It was way more racing accident/Carl's own fault than anything. And he decides that vengeance meant junking his car. Turning him at the fastest point of the race track, regardless of if the car was going to take off, was going to lead to a huge wreck for Keselowski.

I don't remember if Pemberton had given his "Boys Have At It" speech by then but I thought Carl should have suffered a much worse penalty for that anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:55 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

K_Sherman wrote:
Chris A wrote:

That's the part that got me heated most about that incident. I realize Carl already had a short fuse as far as Brad K was concerned but on the restart he was mad at, Keselowski was just digging hard on the low line and Carl was trying to arc it in and drove across the front of his nose. It was way more racing accident/Carl's own fault than anything. And he decides that vengeance meant junking his car. Turning him at the fastest point of the race track, regardless of if the car was going to take off, was going to lead to a huge wreck for Keselowski.

If anyone deserved vengeance after that dega wreck it was Newman who had the front of his car all torn up.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey did that Dega crash destroy the front of Newman's car? I can't remember.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:14 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Whenever there's a rp flip Newman finds his Way to be involved somehow,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Underdogfan wrote:

Ken Absenth

Anyway, no inconsistency as this was the first time a Non-chase driver took another in this new format. But....

The blame is on them for not warning the drivers first to "not have at it boys" any more.

Also, Kenseth was on the chase up to the previous round and the retaliation was due to problems while he was a chaser to begin with.

But Logano did nothing except defend himself at Kansas after a stupid blocking move. So Kenseth it's actually just acting like an uncontrolled spoiled brat from the start and should have it coming (now this I never believed I would ever say about him).

The "uhhh it's too unsafe" bullshit it's just a no-brainer foolish reason for fools to believe instead of giving the above explanation that would sound very one-sided given the role of the sanctioning body in the situation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

When it comes to Nascar and it's consistency with rules and punishment, Brian France wrote the book on it

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

K_Sherman wrote:

I don't remember if Pemberton had given his "Boys Have At It" speech by then but I thought Carl should have suffered a much worse penalty for that anyways.

Pemberton gave that speech before the start of that season I believe.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next