TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If I were Joey I'd be embarrassed as hell. Isn't Sam Hornish's dad a bit over-bearing? I seem to recall him getting into a couple skirmishes during his IndyCar days.

Joey's dad is pretty terrible, but nothing will ever be as entertaining as Danny Lasoski's Big Redneck Family Reunion fight during the Knoxville Nationals way back. WELL HIT ME THEN!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:19 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll just leave this here...

westracing01 wrote:
I fully expect NASCAR to lose control of one of the next 4 races like they did Phoenix 2012.

Martinsville is a good bet for bedlam to ensue.

Texas will be back to ho-hum as the 1.5 milers are too fast for retribution and Carl isn't looking to kill anyone. The rest of them aren't that stupid. But Phoenix on the other hand...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kyle Busch wrote:
I think it all depends on whose name's above the door on whether or not you're allowed to do it.

Kyle Busch wrote:
You got to be consistent. I definitely feel NASCAR is very consistent in being inconsistent on calls.

(question starts at 3:50 in)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

First of all: very very happy for Jeff Gordon! I am a big fan of the #24 for more than 10 years now and theres nothing better than seeing him taking part in the championship round, his last ever race and the possibility to get his fifth title. :metal:

Kenseth vs. Penske: I do not like the Penske drivers at all. The Keselowski / Kenseth incident was an racing incident for me, no one to blame there. Worst thing is, Kurt Busch got crashed in this. I hope he can advance to Homestead nevertheless.
The incident with Logano, I was yelling out so loud that my dog woke up and started barking :D Logano can not complain about Kenseth, you reap what you sow. He pushed Kenseth out of the race in Kansas, now he got the payback.

Most emberassing is Logano's daddy acting crazy in the garage area.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

All of this (the Kenseth/Logano bullshit) is exactly what NASCAR wanted from the chase. Drama, excitement and GAME 7 MOMENTS. All manufactured. The problem though is that NASCAR is marketing it to are the same people that go to Bowman Gray Stadium and love every second of it.

Basically, these are the kinds of people that are bickering with each other over which driver was right or wrong. NASCAR loves every second of it. It just helps to re-enforce to them that they are on the right track. It doesn't matter though. This is all a manufactured joke of a playoff system designed to force moments like this and pass them off as authentic.

People like to compare the elimination chase to a "stick and ball" type of playoff system. It's not. Aside from the point that racing has never needed that kind of system, a more fair comparison would be that if the NFL decided to reset the points with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Sure, it would make it thrilling in all technicality, but it would all be artificial. The game 7 moments that Brain France wants so bad cannot be forced, and that is why they are special. They don't happen all the time, and that is why they are special.

My hope is that I can see Jeff Gordon win another Championship in his last season, then I can be done with this goddamn joke of a thing that NASCAR has become. People make posts all the time about "never watching again." I've never done that. In all honesty, NASCAR has just slowly lost me as a fan. I'm not going to stop in a rage, but because I just no longer care, and that is far worse I think.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I saw things kicking off on social media and ended up tuning in for the last 50 laps. The only thing that surprises me is that it was Kenseth who pulled that move. He's one of the drivers who I respected a bit more, so it's sad to see that pretty much anybody will pull that kind of stupid move.

We had a good clean race for the win at the end. It's a shame 'The Chase' had to cause more idiocy before then.

On one level, Jeff winning the title would be the perfect way to go out, and the fairytale ending (I don't think it's been fixed for that to happen, but I wouldn't put anything past NASCAR anymore). But is Jeff really deserving? Hasn't had many outstanding performances all season and would be well down in the points in a normal championship. It should really have been Logano or Harvick. The system is so flawed, and this Bowman Grey style 'action' is just sad. No doubt NASCAR will do nothing, apart from use the clip 100 times to promote how awesome The Chase is. Definitely not watching next race. :p

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:15 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
But is Jeff really deserving? Hasn't had many outstanding performances all season and would be well down in the points in a normal championship. It should really have been Logano or Harvick. The system is so flawed, and this Bowman Grey style 'action' is just sad.

Yeah, looking at the RR non-chase points right now the top 5 would be very diffent and would reflect much better on this season:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:28 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

In 2003, the last season before the chase, Kenseth was champion winning only one race in this season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brian France is that you

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Schusti wrote:
In 2003, the last season before the chase, Kenseth was champion winning only one race in this season.

He still was objectively the best overall. I agree that winning races needed to be rewarded more handsomely, but adding a playoff system was absolutely the wrong way to do it. Simply keeping a cumulative points system and increasing the points earned for a win would have been the perfect and obvious solution.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Couldn't get to sleep last night from the adrenaline flow... it's kinda wild to think that that's probably-maybe-more than likely Jeff's last win, taking into consideration how they've run on the 1.5 milers this year. I very much doubt he'll win the title, but with the amount of crazy shit going on around him, I'm hoping he can fluke his way into it. Heh, wouldn't that be something.

In any case, I'm glad Dover last year wasn't his final win. This way, we get to truly appreciate what could be his final victory and revel in it. :)

As for the Logano-Kenseth deal, just like the Gordon-Bowyer thing a few years ago (and Harvick last weekend), it just makes me feel dirty that I laughed and was somewhat entertained by it. I'm not a fan of either driver, but I felt this was a bit much... Sure, the old school drivers would spin a guy out from time to time, and the bump-and-run was a work of art when pulled off correctly, but flat-out putting someone into the wall HARD... I had a rough time with it when Gordon did it, and I've had that same kind of disappointment the past couple weeks.

Also, I think the reason people were so entertained by it is because the on track product has been so shitty all year, people are so starved for something interesting to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chris A wrote:
Schusti wrote:

He still was objectively the best overall. I agree that winning races needed to be rewarded more handsomely, but adding a playoff system was absolutely the wrong way to do it. Simply keeping a cumulative points system and increasing the points earned for a win would have been the perfect and obvious solution.

I think that would absolutely have been the best way to go. The old system you only got what? 10 or 15 more points than 2nd with a win? Should have increased it to like 25 or a bit more. I remember a lot of people wanting that then bam, Chase... I mean I don't HATE the Chase like the majority but it does suck that 1 race can fuck you royally. As a Kurt fan, I'm seeing this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Andre wrote:
Couldn't get to sleep last night from the adrenaline flow... it's kinda wild to think that that's probably-maybe-more than likely Jeff's last win, taking into consideration how they've run on the 1.5 milers this year. I very much doubt he'll win the title, but with the amount of crazy shit going on around him, I'm hoping he can fluke his way into it. Heh, wouldn't that be something.

In any case, I'm glad Dover last year wasn't his final win. This way, we get to truly appreciate what could be his final victory and revel in it. :)

As for the Logano-Kenseth deal, just like the Gordon-Bowyer thing a few years ago (and Harvick last weekend), it just makes me feel dirty that I laughed and was somewhat entertained by it. I'm not a fan of either driver, but I felt this was a bit much... Sure, the old school drivers would spin a guy out from time to time, and the bump-and-run was a work of art when pulled off correctly, but flat-out putting someone into the wall HARD... I had a rough time with it when Gordon did it, and I've had that same kind of disappointment the past couple weeks.

Also, I think the reason people were so entertained by it is because the on track product has been so shitty all year, people are so starved for something interesting to happen.

Enjoy it. I had to tape Rusty's last win (Oh yeah VHS)... but that race ran long due to the track at Martinsville coming apart... the tape ran out with a little less than 100 to go :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ahhh yes... good ol' VHS. We taped every race, but then taped over it if "nothing interesting" happened. After getting my capturing equipment, I was kicking myself pretty hard for having taped over *any* of them. I have plenty of races covered on my YouTube channel anyway, but there are a bunch I had recorded that aren't on YouTube in any fashion at all. :(

But yeah, that's somewhat unfair and ironic that Martinsville craziness cost you the ability to watch your favorite driver win his final race, and that Martinsville craziness handed my favorite driver a win on a silver platter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Day late and a dollar short but, for what it's worth,....

If you take the nascar out of it, that's a lapped car deliberately taking out the leader.
In any other motorsport kenseth would be sitting out the season. He probably should now but this is nascar and they want to promote the payback to the payback for the rest of the year.

But lapped cars takin out leaders is not cool and it's never ok. Say what you want about the incident 2 races ago, but it was 2 cars racing hard for the win.These things happen, racing incident

For that I proclaim kenseth a jerk. Its not cool and it's not ok and for the second race in a row nascar is the laughing stock of thp the motorsport world

Gj chase format :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

just think of nascar like a japanese game show instead of thinking it's a motorsport.

then it's not so bad. can't wait for next week woo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

cArmAkAze wrote:

That was pretty crazy, but still tamer than I had expected from your description, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:27 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

NASCAR went past the point of no return after 'Dega. Nothing they will do will look good, they either throw the hammer down and look like their only doing this as a reaction to the bad PR they got from Dega or they to appeal to those who want consistency, do nothing, and end up with more negative press. It's a lose/lose for NASCAR.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:24 am 
Head Muppet

I'm thinking Kenseth will get suspended for a race. That was a bullshit move from a past champion that was nine laps down going after the leader in the final ten percent of the race.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next