TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mattzel89 wrote:

But you will never come out in front if you have 10,15 sec gap to P2. Never.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Verstappen given a five place grid drop for the accident.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
Jeez. We complain when drivers don't show their emotions and call them robotic. Yet when a driver does want we ask for, he's called whiny, sulky and a bitch.[/TBKLogic]

Please keep it up, it's hilarious.

Acting like a stupid kid is not showing your emotions. If he's angry and frustrated you show that you're frustrated and angry and not acting like a 10 year old whos x-box was just taking away. If you think childish behaviour is acceptable as 'showing emotions' for a mature 30-year old who is a role model....

If he would have thrown his steering wheel, yelled at Niki or any team member, thát is showing emotions. Acting like a child is acting like a child. His behaviour, and this is not the first time, and Mercedes response simply show he can do whatever he wants. Have you ever seen Mansell or Senna act like a child? Even on the podium? I wouldn't even want to work with a 30 year old who acts like a child everytime the planets don't line up the way he wants. Grow the fuck up Lewis...

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:00 pm 
Permabanned

:D

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

siggy wrote:
kals wrote:
Jeez. We complain when drivers don't show their emotions and call them robotic. Yet when a driver does want we ask for, he's called whiny, sulky and a bitch.[/TBKLogic]

Acting like a stupid kid is not showing your emotions. If he's angry and frustrated you show that you're frustrated and angry and not acting like a 10 year old whos x-box was just taking away. If you think childish behaviour is acceptable as 'showing emotions' for a mature 30-year old who is a role model....

If he would have thrown his steering wheel, yelled at Niki or any team member, thát is showing emotions. Acting like a child is acting like a child. His behaviour, and this is not the first time, and Mercedes response simply show he can do whatever he wants. Have you ever seen Mansell or Senna act like a child? Even on the podium? I wouldn't even want to work with a 30 year old who acts like a child everytime the planets don't line up the way he wants. Grow the fuck up Lewis...

My goodness...

This isn't the first nor last time a driver has behaved in such a way. It's part of their make up and is part of what makes them compelling people to view. Prost, Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel, etc... have all acted in this way... Need I go on? No. It's ok and understandable to not like it, I'm the same with Alonso. But we need to stop acting like this is a first or isolated thing to Lewis. Because it is not. End of discussion.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:07 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

siggy wrote:
kals wrote:

Haha i guess the way you interpret it all says more about you than Lewis. He definitely was very dissappointed but he behaved very gracefully on the limelight. He shook Nicos hand, congratulated him and in the podium he reiterated that they win as a team and they loose as a team and was very calm. I guess reality doesn't matter, hatters are gonna hate, potatoes are gonna potate :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gaara wrote:

So he bloody well should. This is one of the reasons people raised questions about him driving to young, he hasn't had a chance to hone his race craft.

As for Hamilton, its the fucking team being pussies and exasperating the problem with this whole "we are so, so sorry, this is unacceptable, should never happen" attitude that is contributing to Hamilton acting like a dick. It was pathetic after Spa, and this is going to be whole next level shit. They should just say, we made a mistake on the strategic call and will discuss it after the race. Not carry on like pork chops.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

But acting like a dick also applies to Rosberg in his celebrations to, that was just him rubbing it in.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:25 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Tobias wrote:
Two stops today would be the optimum?

Clicked "show new posts" when I logged in, this was the first post.

No Tobias, No it most certainly wasn't. :lol:

Max was the man of the race for me. Can't blame someone for actually trying to get stuck in.

My self editing process has removed the part where he crashed into the Lotus and brought out the safety car, so yeah, boring race with Max the only hero!
Nothing else happened after that. :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:26 pm 
Permabanned

Verstappen was very lucky today...

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:29 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It made me think of that too, but also how much the F1 cars don't do that any more.

I remember Ross Brawn saying the secret to stopping accidents like that is make it so the suspension just breaks instead of remains solid and the energy sends the car skyward.
I think they worked on that looking at a few similar wheel to wheel accidents over the years.
The tethers obviously do enough of a job to keep the wheel from sailing off and the suspension breaking keeps the car from flying.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:28 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
My goodness... This isn't the first nor last time a driver has behaved in such a way. It's part of their make up and is part of what makes them compelling people to view. Prost, Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel, etc... have all acted in this way... Need I go on? No. It's ok and understandable to not like it, I'm the same with Alonso. But we need to stop acting like this is a first or isolated thing to Lewis. Because it is not. End of discussion.
Remember that Nico got into trouble last year in Abu Dhabi and went on to the podium to congratulate Lewis.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

One thing I noticed was that when Max hit the wall, the McLaren sitting on the perch shook a great deal.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:59 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

kals wrote:
One thing I noticed was that when Max hit the wall, the McLaren sitting on the perch shook a great deal.

Did feel like an F1 version of Angry Birds tbh. Using the Red Bull to hit tyres to try and knock the Mclaren Pig off its perch.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

webbsy wrote:
Gaara wrote:

So he bloody well should. This is one of the reasons people raised questions about him driving to young, he hasn't had a chance to hone his race craft.

What? one mistake in 6 races and suddenly the "he is too young for F1" cry baby's are right? Verstappen had excellent race craft this race when he passed Maldonado and suckered Sainz and Bottas into letting him through when they moved over for Vettel. Grosjean was just driving in the middle of the road on badly worn tyres, he braked a fraction earlier and Max was caught out by that. Anyone could have made that mistake, nothing to do with age.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Picture of Massa's problem on lap 1:

http://www.grandprixtimes.com/gallery/2 ... o#image-27

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
kals wrote:

Did feel like an F1 version of Angry Birds tbh. Using the Red Bull to hit tyres to try and knock the Mclaren Pig off its perch.

It would have appropriate for Max to wear Heikki's old Angry Birds helmet then.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

siggy wrote:
kals wrote:

If you prefer racing where nobody ever gets emotional or upset, there's some great offline leagues on youtube you could follow...

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:37 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It reminds me a bit of Monaco 2004.

M.S. already had such an advantage that season that he knew the championship was pretty much his.
But when he (incorrectly) thought Montoya had unfairly taken him out of the lead, he was really upset, shoved his helmet through a computer in the Ferrari garage or something, and generally had a big sulk.

At the end of the season it was but a mere blip in his championship campaign, but it means a hell of a lot to these drivers in the moment.
And that was Schumacher, a driver who famously showed his emotions only about 2 other occasions.
(Storming into the Mclaren pit threatening to kill DC in Spa 1998 and the relief of the title win in 2003 leading to hotel trashing drunkenness as pressure was vented :lol: )

Not saying Lewis has that much of an advantage (wellllll.....;) ) but the fact he still cares about every race is a good thing imo, the last thing we need is him getting complacent.

Twitter:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next