TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1831 posts ]  Go to page Previous 157 58 59 60 6192 Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

11 cars listed on the lead lap, but some of those must have damage from the accident.

Bronze Member
Bronze Member

That's a what you call a hit there... oO

Last edited by schumi63 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

ugh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:15 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It actually reminds me of a much worse version of Wally Dallenbach Jr's accident here in the 2nd Tier race in 2004.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:15 am 

His foot is definitely fucked up

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:16 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Wild stuff. Glad Kyle is awake and alert. Something tells me that wall is getting an update and that remaining front stretch grass will be gone soon.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Missed the tire wall by 20 feet, gets rewarded for it by going head-on into a slab of concrete. I hope he isn't hurt too badly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:17 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Underdogfan wrote:
Kyle bumped his rookie teammate in the tri-oval and started this mess. In NR2K3 you hit that wall you're done. No safer barrier. Hopin' he'll be back to race another day.

Mostly a racing deal though, wonder why he didn't try saving the car he could have tried saving it and hit at a better angle.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:18 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Pretty sure he's broken his right leg/ankle. It's a common injury in a head on accident if the drive has their foot pressed hard on the brake pedal and then when the impact comes all that energy travels through the firewall and pedal box straight into the drivers leg.

Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Phil R. wrote:
Wild stuff. Glad Kyle is awake and alert. Something tells me that wall is getting an update and that remaining front stretch grass will be gone soon.

I don't think the grass is at fault at all, but the SAFER barrier is definitely needed there.

I assume it'll be there before next years events if not July. NASCAR may be stupid on a number of levels, but safety isn't one of them.

Twitter:

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well...my apathy towards the aesthetic quality of grass or no grass has been well-covered but hits like that are why I would think we DO need some more grass instead of almost endless asphalt. When cars get angled on slides like that, they're gaining a nasty angle toward the inside wall because they're getting a bit of traction along that long paved slide. If he hits grass earlier it cuts down on that angle. Yeah, maybe he hits the wall while he's moving at a higher rate of speed but that angle of impact is going to be reduced significantly because he's going to hit it much further along the track instead of just getting hooked right on into it.

I dunno, I have a perfect image of what I'm trying to portray but it's really hard to explain it without a fuckton of hand-gestures and whatnot, lol.

Last edited by Chris A on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gold Member
Gold Member

If kyle has any sorta injury like Tony he's done this year. Won't lie he's my least favorite driver in NASCAR but you NEVER want to see this. If some one is ready to fight any battle it's gonna be Rowdy.

EDIT: and yes the fact that there is no safer barrier around every inch of wall especially at the pinnacle of safety improvements is appaling.

Last edited by Underdogfan on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:19 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

codename_47 wrote:
It actually reminds me of a much worse version of Wally Dallenbach Jr's accident here in the 2nd Tier race in 2004.

Personnaly reminds me of the mark martin crash at dega , don't remeber the year , 1996 maybe.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:20 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Chris A wrote:
Well...my apathy towards the aesthetic quality of grass or no grass has been well-covered but hits like that are why I would think we DO need some more grass instead of almost endless asphalt. When cars get angled on slides like that, they're gaining a nasty angle toward the inside wall because they're getting a bit of traction along that long paved slide. If he hits grass earlier it cuts down on that angle. Yeah, maybe he hits the wall while he's moving at a higher rate of speed but that angle of impact is going to be reduced significantly because he's going to hit it much further along the track instead of just getting hooked right on into it.

I dunno, I have a perfect image of what I'm trying to portray but it's really hard to explain it without a fuckton of hand-gestures and whatnot, lol.

I get what youre saying. If kyles car didnt have the grip of the asphalt, he wouldnt of had the terrible angle and speed on the hit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:20 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Chris A wrote:

I know what you mean.

Hell, digging into the grass sideways and doing a series of barrel rolls is going to hurt a hell of a lot less compared to impacts like that...

But apparently Blowovers are the enemy so goodbye grass, hello tarmac resulting in impacts like that.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:23 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Chris A wrote:

I totally agree. Eric Mc Clure ended up hurt a couple a year ago because this at dega in the NW race.The car just acclerated to the wall and ended up with an unreal hit on the inside wall.

Bronze Member
Bronze Member

He hit that wall at that angle because he kept the brakes completely locked up, I'm surprised a guy with that much experience wouldn't know to release the brakes and try to get a better angle, but I guess he panicked. Hopefully he's OK.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Nasty hit, I hope he he's ok. Definitely seemed like some sort of lower leg injury since it was elevated on the gurney.

They need to look into grinding the run off area or something like that......something with a bit of abrasion to scrub off speed.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You might have a point. I can think of several accidents recently where a car has shot off to the left and pounded the inside wall. I don't remember it happening so much with the grass, but it might be my short memory.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:24 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

David Starr in the mix to win this bitch!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1831 posts ]  Go to page Previous 157 58 59 60 6192 Next