TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1831 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 4392 Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh the drama!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The more people hate on Danica, the more I like her. I found myself actually pulling for her after the spin.

And she put hands on Dennie. She should have smacked the hell out of him, I would have loved to seen the aftermath.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I can't stand Danica, but damn it would have been awesome to see her slap the bejesus out of Denny. Here's to hoping shit goes down Sunday!

Kurt Busch's penalty for passing under the double yellow line reminded me of how much I absolutely hate hate hate hate hate the double yellow line rule. I don't even like Kurt, but penalizing that kind of harmless move is just stupid. (And hey NASCAR, maybe if you didn't pave over all the goddamn grass, we wouldn't have needed artificial out-of-bounds markers to begin with?)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:23 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

kals wrote:
Oh the drama!

"Nobody has your back like I have"

"I like you Denny, you're my friend."

"Tony, I never touched her!"

See the drama continue, next Sunday on The Bold & The Beautiful: A Racer's Tale.

(I rooted for Danica to get back in it after that wreck yesterday, fuck Denny)

Gold Member
Gold Member

Dan Belcher wrote:
Kurt Busch's penalty for passing under the double yellow line reminded me of how much I absolutely hate hate hate hate hate the double yellow line rule. I don't even like Kurt, but penalizing that kind of harmless move is just stupid. (And hey NASCAR, maybe if you didn't pave over all the goddamn grass, we wouldn't have needed artificial out-of-bounds markers to begin with?)

It's a safety thing. Nascar may do a lot of stupid things, but they are very safety forward. Narrowing up the track by 1 1/2 car-widths is much safer than actually letting them race down there. Haven't you noticed how far the attrition rate has dropped since Nascar implemented this rule? Races are much cleaner now thanks to the out of bounds rule.

Gold Member
Gold Member

lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Couldn't say it with a straight face, could ya? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StanV wrote:
kals wrote:
Oh the drama!

"Nobody has your back like I have"

"I like you Denny, you're my friend."

"Tony, I never touched her!"

See the drama continue, next Sunday on The Bold & The Beautiful: A Racer's Tale.

(I rooted for Danica to get back in it after that wreck yesterday, fuck Denny)

I would love to see Danica's reaction when she realises Denny has been cheating on her with Crystal, behind Victor's back!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:55 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
I would love to see Danica's reaction when she realises Denny has been cheating on her with Crystal, behind Victor's back!

You went full Days of Our Lives, man. Never go full Days of Our Lives. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full Days of Our Lives, went home empty handed...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

cArmAkAze77 wrote:
The more people hate on Danica, the more I like her. I found myself actually pulling for her after the spin.

I'm feeling kinda the same. I wouldn't go so far as to say I like her but it's annoying the way so many people don't hesitate to jump on her case at the drop of a hat, irrespective of the situation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
kals wrote:

You went full Days of Our Lives, man. Never go full Days of Our Lives. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full Days of Our Lives, went home empty handed...

I'm feeling shame :oops:

Chris A wrote:
cArmAkAze77 wrote:

I'm feeling kinda the same. I wouldn't go so far as to say I like her but it's annoying the way so many people don't hesitate to jump on her case at the drop of a hat, irrespective of the situation.

The mass-media-hype that follows Danica is mostly to blame. But then again, Danica's attitude isn't the best. The Busch brothers, Brad K and a few other drivers get the same treatment from the fans because of their attitudes. So this isn't exclusive to Danica.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I dislike the Busch brothers as much as Danica, but at least they've proven that they can consistantly race near the front. I'm still failing to see the point of Danica in such a good car, other than Tony making a fortune in merchandise and marketing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's exactly it, she's an average driver in good equipment. She's proven time and time again that she doesn't deserve the seat, she's just there to make the team money. A male driver with that level of talent would have been given the boot ages ago.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:35 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Gaara wrote:
That's exactly it, she's an average driver in good equipment. She's proven time and time again that she doesn't deserve the seat, she's just there to make the team money. A male driver with that level of talent would have been given the boot ages ago.

But a male driver with the same public appeal? I dunno. I don't think gender has anything to do with it. Well, Travis Pastrana gave up just after a season though.

Anyway, Danica may be a meh driver, but she is a racer most of the time. She stod up to Wheldon at Milwaukee one year, and that got very heated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And Milka Duno stood up to her.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I understand the Busch hate, to an extent. I despise Kurt, but I love Kyle. Kurt is just a nasty person, his persona is to treat everyone like shit, no matter what. Kyle is a great driver and gets emotional when he loses or something bad happens, and doesn't give post-race interviews. Big deal. Why people associate that with being 'bratty' is beyond me. He's a competitor and he wants to win. It's not like he's berating the media like his brother, he's just not talking, and when he does give an interview, he's pretty cordial. I don't even mind him running the other lower series, that just shows his passion. You all applaud drivers for going and running local short/dirt tracks, but you condemn Kyle for basically the same thing, but within much more competitive series'. Wouldn't the local drivers be at a greater disadvantage when they are running Cup drivers? Kyle is dominating actual Nascar races because he's fucking good, and that's why everyone hates him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
And Milka Duno stood up to her.

Who promptly "threw in the towel"... :whistling:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
Oh the drama!

the off track drama is the only thing this sport has going on for itself

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:20 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

cArmAkAze77 wrote:
I understand the Busch hate, to an extent. I despise Kurt, but I love Kyle. Kurt is just a nasty person, his persona is to treat everyone like shit, no matter what. Kyle is a great driver and gets emotional when he loses or something bad happens, and doesn't give post-race interviews. Big deal. Why people associate that with being 'bratty' is beyond me. He's a competitor and he wants to win. It's not like he's berating the media like his brother, he's just not talking, and when he does give an interview, he's pretty cordial. I don't even mind him running the other lower series, that just shows his passion. You all applaud drivers for going and running local short/dirt tracks, but you condemn Kyle for basically the same thing, but within much more competitive series'. Wouldn't the local drivers be at a greater disadvantage when they are running Cup drivers? Kyle is dominating actual Nascar races because he's fucking good, and that's why everyone hates him.

It's not Kyle's lower teir shenanigans that people hated, it was his attitude for pretty much most of his career he was 'bratty' like you ,motioned. But it seems after Bristol something snapped he seemed to be a little more calm. Talledega he could easily bashed Austin Dillon for shitty driving (He should've to be honest, Dillon is terrible) but he decided to calm down in the camper after the race.

It's funny how the same people who complain about him not interviewing are the same people who wanted him to shut up in the first place.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1831 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 4392 Next