TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 185 86 87 88 89207 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

micha wrote:
bigears wrote:
Ceefax was a massive life saver especially with my deafness so I can access to information instantly and I can press 888 for the subtitles. I first discovered it in 1994 and my first live subtitling experience was the 1994 World Cup and I enjoyed it so much.

:thumbsup: explains your nickname then right?

Yeah, and naturally when I was younger I had big ears as well!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:09 am 

LucasWheldon wrote:
Stats F1 ftw

that doesn't have sector times and top speeds info, though. It doesn't doesn't contain pit stop summary, which is relevant when you want to know the amount of fuel a driver was carrying on 2004-2009 qualifyings.

I only use statsf1 to find results of pre-Q1/Q2/Q3 era because they don't feature all the qualifying times(only Q3 times of the top 10). For all qlf times, I use newsonf1.com.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:47 am 

What happens to all the unused components in an F1 team? For example, a new front wing could be introduced for the next round, but the old wings which just become obsolete. So, if they have 3 or 4 of those just sitting around, do the throw them into the bin, or can they recycle them & reuse the carbon fiber?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:52 am 
2012 F1 Pick-Ems champion

So race higlights have been uploaded to the official F1 YouTube channel. Is this real life? (I know it's not full race like IndyCar but it's a start)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

WilliamsF1 wrote:
What happens to all the unused components in an F1 team? For example, a new front wing could be introduced for the next round, but the old wings which just become obsolete. So, if they have 3 or 4 of those just sitting around, do the throw them into the bin, or can they recycle them & reuse the carbon fiber?

Caterham is selling their parts in an auction, lots of the parts are from previous years

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just stumbled across this in the classic tbk:

How F1 drivers and personalities might respond to the question "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

Alain Prost: "For sure the chicken crossed the road, but for me it was not as interesting as chickens crossing the road 10 years ago"

Rubens Barrichello: "I'd like to dedicate the chicken crossing the road to my great friend Ayrton Senna"

Max Mosely: "We have to find ways of slowing that chicken down and making it safer. For this reason the FIA are changing the rules so that the chicken be equipped with special chicken bodywork and neck supports"

Mika Hakkinen: "Why did the chicken cross the road? ........................................ That's a tough question .......................... maybe ........................ maybe it's a question you'd have to ask the chicken"

James Allen: "Hey guys, you're not going to believe this but the chicken's on a different strategy to the bantams"

Murray Walker: "And as the lights go out it's go go go for the duck as it dives towards..."
Martin Brundle: "It's a chicken, Murray"
MW: "Yes, yes, it's a chicken charging into the lead and I think it's got this race sewn up"
MB: "The chicken's stopped Murray"
MW: "Disaster for the chicken, this will throw the whole badger crossing championship wide open"

Ron Dennis: "The objective of the poultry individual in this situation is to work towards the goal of a road crossing. We're comfortable that this can be achieved using only bipedal motional forces. We would refuse to compromise until a safe chicken arrival scenario had been achieved"

David Coulthard: "I was really surprised when the chicken swerved right in front of me and crossed the road. I was expecting it to walk right along the pavement but it just cut right across in front of me. I think we'll need a ruling from the FIA if chickens are allowed to do this"

Michael Schumacher: "The chicken is allowed to move over, that is clearly within the rules. The chicken can make one move to defend it's line, but it can't zig zag backwards and forwards across the road. What it did was quite fair and within the rules"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:45 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Red Bull threatening to quit F1 - not being ok with the current generation power units.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Tobias wrote:
Red Bull threatening to quit F1 - not being ok with the current generation power units.

Sure, that'll definitely happen, I'll head down to the bookies and put a bet on Red Bull leaving F1 due to being a bit shitty under the current regs....yeahhhh

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:00 pm 

Tobias wrote:

OK BYE PLS SELL TO VAG :yuk:

the report;

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118081

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mann when they are not 1st they wanna quit!!
Fuck it, what about sticking together in good and bad times? You cant win always.
Horner says he want equality, ok then go to GP2 and make a Red Bull GP2 team,there you go, happy?
I would also like that cars are a lot closer, but looks like some had worked a lot harder in winter compared to others..
Thats how it is in F1, but as Mercedes lets them race it should be good. And not some multi 1-2 everytime RBR cars are close. Fuck orders.
If i were RBR i would give Renault last year the foot, and make own engine or buy from Ferrari.
Cuz Merceds sure wont give engines to them even if they give a lot of money.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

WAH!! we're no longer dominant.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How many times have Ferrari made such a threat? And yet they're still around.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:06 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Doubt this is going to happen soon, but I can see Red Bull pull the plug on this program as soon as their sales decline or F1 loses a significant amount of prestige. F1 is just one of the branding activities for them, albeit an important one

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There's a case of double standards here. Yes a team wants to be competitive and fight for victories but the rules are the rules. When the rules suited them, Red Bull did the best job and they were rewarded handsomely. But during the previous rules there were constant suggestions of Red Bull bending the rules... so much so that rules were amended to stop certain practices continuing on. Mercedes have done a better job than anyone and yes their engine is much better, but it is 100% within the rules.

Red Bull needs to man up. McLaren and Williams have gone through hard times over the years, suffering immediately after periods of great success. Red Bull needs to remember and appreciate what 2005-2008 felt like, and learn from it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
We also got to understand the words spoken were by Helmut Marko, the grids biggest fuckwit, so grain of salt and so forth.

Ah ok, wasn't aware about that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:34 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

When Red Bull was dominant it appeared every other team and even the FIA tried everything to stop innovations by Red Bull (it is against regulations etc). So last year Mercedes won everything and what happend? Nothing.. This year? Maybe even more so, but no one seems to care. Mercedes dominance ruins the sport for me. And the dominance is the outcome of the ongoing rule changes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
The engine regulations are complete crap. Guys getting stuck with 5 engines is good and all but it doesn't stop manufacturers building 200 engines a year and detonating 195 on bench tests/dynos. They are all over the place.

Apart from Renault, who detonate all 200 including the 5 that are supposed to work.

Ricciardo's already had to change most of the components once, he'll be eating penalties by the summer break.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The odd thing about Red Bull's comments is that Renault have repeatedly said that they don't want the engine rules to be changed:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117996

Renault were also lets not forget one of the biggest advocates of moving to the current formula & were talking about pulling out themselfs if F1 stuck with the V8s.

F1 has its problems right now but the engine formula isn't one of them. The rules are the same for everybody & Mercedes have just done a better job, If Red Bull don't have the confidence that Renault are going to improve then they should look at switching to a supplier they feel can & if Red Bull don't feel they can produce a car that can compete with Mercedes then they need to look at why that is.

Threatening to quit, demanding things be changed & talking about nonsense like performance equalization just because you have not got the car right & because your engine supplier is having problems is bullshit frankly.

I'd also like to point out that the power unit is not the only reason for Mercedes performance advantage, They have also come up with an exceptionally good car.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:41 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scotty wrote:
I don't want to watch a sport where I know who the winning constructor will be 98% of the time.

I direct you to 1988, 2002 and 2004.

1992, 1993, 1995 and 2011 get honorable mention.

This kind of domination is nothing new.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:35 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Brod wrote:
When Red Bull was dominant it appeared every other team and even the FIA tried everything to stop innovations by Red Bull (it is against regulations etc). So last year Mercedes won everything and what happend? Nothing.. This year? Maybe even more so, but no one seems to care. Mercedes dominance ruins the sport for me. And the dominance is the outcome of the ongoing rule changes.

How quickly we forget the mid season banning of FRICS, which was rumored to be because Red Bull and Ferrari asked Charlie whiting about it last year and was (perhaps erroneously) seen as the main thrust of the Mercedes dominance.

I feel sorry for Renault in all this really. Yes, they've struggled, but the way Red Bull are playing it, it feels like red bulls problems are 100% renaults fault.
Meanwhile when they were dominant, Adrian Newey and their blown diffusers were getting all the credit with Renault credited as a mere bit part "and also thanks to our engine partners..." player in the success.

Red Bull are just playing the game, using every avenue to try and get things to go their way again.
Sadly as it seems they have no ability to fight on track, expect a lot more of this shit over the course of the season...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 185 86 87 88 89207 Next