TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6207 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
kals wrote:
How much cachaça had Felipe drunk by this time?

he's suffering the "this is my year" disease that struck David Coulthard for a long time

LucasWheldon wrote:
he's suffering the "this is my year" disease that struck Fernando Alonso for a long time

LucasWheldon wrote:
he's suffering the "this is my year" disease that struck Ferrari for a long time

:yes:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's contagious.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:36 pm 

mclaren2008 wrote:
With little changes in the rules, other than small sporting and detail changes, I sense next season will be somewhat similar to this one, pecking order wise. Unless one of Ferrari, McLaren or Red Bull ceased work early and focussed on 2015 very early, Mercedes will still be the dominant team.

which they all did.

This won't be enough, though. Ferrari and, especially, Red Bull already had a very good car in 2014. Just a guess(so, as bad/good as pretty much anybody else's) but I think the pecking order would have been: RB, couple of tenths behind Mercedes, and Ferrari very close behind , if they all had matched PUs.

If Ferrari and Renault can't catch up on their side, it will be useless what Red Bull and Allison's team do

PS: I base my guess on Monaco and Singapore quali results, as they are the tracks where engine power has the least effect in the calendar. In Monaco, Red Bull was 0,4s off Mercedes and Ferrari 0,7s. In Singapore, Red Bull was 0,2s off Mercedes and Ferrari 0,25s

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The only shot for them would be if Mercedes somehow messes up their 2015 car badly. Like having a wrongly calibrated windtunnel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Maybe Honda will be mega, and 2015 will be Alonso's year!

No?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:

No?

maybe....maybe I win the lottery....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:19 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Artur Craft wrote:
mclaren2008 wrote:
With little changes in the rules, other than small sporting and detail changes, I sense next season will be somewhat similar to this one, pecking order wise. Unless one of Ferrari, McLaren or Red Bull ceased work early and focussed on 2015 very early, Mercedes will still be the dominant team.

which they all did.

This won't be enough, though. Ferrari and, especially, Red Bull already had a very good car in 2014. Just a guess(so, as bad/good as pretty much anybody else's) but I think the pecking order would have been: RB, couple of tenths behind Mercedes, and Ferrari very close behind , if they all had matched PUs.

If Ferrari and Renault can't catch up on their side, it will be useless what Red Bull and Allison's team do

PS: I base my guess on Monaco and Singapore quali results, as they are the tracks where engine power has the least effect in the calendar. In Monaco, Red Bull was 0,4s off Mercedes and Ferrari 0,7s. In Singapore, Red Bull was 0,2s off Mercedes and Ferrari 0,25s

We'll see come Melbourne if the other teams have caught up :)

I think the street circuits and Hungary are likely to give the others a chance. 7000 ft up at Mexico City is probably gonna give the Mercedes engines an even bigger advantage.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:29 pm 

mclaren2008 wrote:
We'll see come Melbourne if the other teams have caught up :)

Quote:
‘We need to look at something different 2016. In terms of power unit and in terms of regulation. 2015 is clear we will have to – at the moment – accept the status quo but definitely we are not going to accept the status quo for 2016. The cost of the power unit is a problem. The fact that we cannot enhance our power unit during the season is a cost for us, for not performing. So, the difficulties that that the small teams are facing is an issue on the table – so I think all these problems are very well connected’ added former Ferrari boss Marco Mattiacci.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news ... 1-in-2016/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Omega wrote:

No?

and then he'll wake up believing that he is the new Senna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So on my way to India, I had a 9 hour layover at Heathrow and decided to relax at the BA T5 executive lounge when a few hours in who walks in...Felipe Massa himself!

I couldn't believe it my eyes as he seemed so inconspicuous and unassuming. He sat down at a table right in the open next to me and started eating & texting and still no one noticed him. So decided to go up and say hi and chatted with him for a bit. He was super friendly and even agreed to take a few photos. His first comment to me though was "Hey you're wearing the wrong jacket!". Said he had just come from the factory and was taking a flight back to Sao Paolo. Thanked him for his time and wished him well for next season and a return to the top step of the podium.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thats awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Another day, another much-of-the-same moan from Christian Horner...

Quote:
Red Bull fears it cannot catch F1 rival Mercedes in 2015
By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, December 9th 2014, 16:20 GMT

Red Bull fears that it will not be able to close the gap to Mercedes in 2015 and is worried its Formula 1 rival could be even further ahead.

As efforts to relax F1's engine freeze appear to have failed, with Mercedes refusing to concede ground, Red Bull's engine partner Renault now has a narrower window in which to improve their power unit than it may originally have hoped for.

And although Red Bull and Renault have restructured their partnership to try to ramp up their development, team chief Christian Horner says he is not expecting to be able to overhaul Mercedes next season.

"We are not writing off next year but, for sure, there is a gap there," he said. "And, from what we hear, the performance gains that Mercedes are bringing next year, it is going to be a massive challenge to reduce that

"Renault can make an inroad but I think it would be unlikely to match this year's [Mercedes] engine.

"I think we can get closer to it, but Mercedes are not going to stand still and Ferrari are in a similar situation. It is very tough when the engines are frozen at the end of February."

There are also mounting concerns that Mercedes could even step further ahead of Renault and Ferrari next season, with improvements expected to come from its energy recovery systems and exhaust areas of the car.

Horner says that he has heard suggestions Mercedes' 2015 power unit will be much better than this year's, which would leave Renault and Ferrari still playing catch up.

"I think if you believe the numbers that are floating around, the gap could actually grow rather than diminish," he said, in reference to speculation Mercedes could find around 70bhp more.

"That would be rather depressing if that was the case."

But correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't this team recently dominate the F1 World Championship for an extended period of time? Didn't this team win a buck load of races in a row as well? This person and or team needs to learn how to lose with some element of dignity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:39 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The team never dominated. It was one driver and team combination that did. How much chance was there that Mark Webber would win if Vettel was out? And how does that compare to Mercedes?

I get what you are saying and yes, Horner is moaning, but there is a difference between winning everything (if that) and dominating. Mercedes dominated, Red Bull won a lot. Mark Webber barely got 3rd in 2013, 10 points away from Lewis and 16 away from Kimi who missed the last two races. To compare, Rosberg was 79 points ahead of Ricciardo and 131 ahead of 4th. They could have chosen to not run 3 races and still got 1st and 2nd comfortably. Red Bull was never in that position as a team.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:21 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

That team never dominated? :lol:

Think that says more about Webber than RBR.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The difference between Red Bull and Mercedes dominating is that when Red Bull was winning the other teams had a chance to develop and try out ideas during the season. With this power unit, they don't. So its a different kind of situation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Karan wrote:
So on my way to India, I had a 9 hour layover at Heathrow and decided to relax at the BA T5 executive lounge when a few hours in who walks in...Felipe Massa himself!

I couldn't believe it my eyes as he seemed so inconspicuous and unassuming. He sat down at a table right in the open next to me and started eating & texting and still no one noticed him. So decided to go up and say hi and chatted with him for a bit. He was super friendly and even agreed to take a few photos. His first comment to me though was "Hey you're wearing the wrong jacket!". Said he had just come from the factory and was taking a flight back to Sao Paolo. Thanked him for his time and wished him well for next season and a return to the top step of the podium.

Am I the only one to have noticed how huge Felipe's hand is in relation to his arm?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have always thought there was a slight hint of dwarfism in Felipe, not just about his height but just something about his features.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:42 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Another day, another much-of-the-same moan from Christian Horner...

Horner would be stupid not to do everything in his power to improve his teams chances, including drawing attention to the development freeze which is legitimately prolonged torture to teams that didn't crack the new engine regs straight off the bat.

Teams can lose gracefully, but the companies and manufacturers that back them will likely pull out if they see more than a year of little return on their investment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree but this is a weekly occurrence for Horner and Red Bull. That's too much. And it's not as if Red Bull didn't have significant advantages (that they worked for and earned) during their period of success. Right? It's the same now for Mercedes now, regardless of whichever part of the car is giving Merc the advantage over the rest of the field.

When you build a car that wins 12 and then 13 races in a season, complaining about other team's 'unfair' advantages seems a little rich to me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

what bothers me in this case is that Red Bull and Renault would have the exact same stance as Mercedes if they had the dominant engine.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6207 Next