TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is making Nascar popular, penalizing now, before Phoenix and the final at Homestead would be shooting their own foot.

Wreckinturn4 wrote:
lol

Yeah, that's my opinion. I just lol also as how any good thing that the races have, TBK topics are always looking for the worst, and only the worst, and everyone agreeing to disagree that that thing wont work.

Long old school run: "Oh my, if this thing has more action, the race will be banned"

Lots of cautions for debri, with nice restarts: "Do you remember the time we had cautions for cars spinning from time to time?" "Yeah, those were the days"

Guys start spinning: "Man, what the fuck goodyear" "Shit, talentlees driver, fieldfillers, nascar is dead"

Crazy restarts with a lot of passing and changing outcomes: "No ontrack action, now finally a fight, cause this is the only action we get."
I mean, really? You guys are fucking blind and just want to see the misery out of it. Nascar isnt ruined. You guys are the ones who just see ruins in every god damn change they make.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:51 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:27 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

How can you say a race with 800 debris cautions is a good race. If it wasn't for Napcar bunching up the field, I can say that nothing happened because the cars don't pass or spin out and that's it. Attrition as a factor sucks today and tire blow outs are the only real thing left in this sport. These races today are manufactured and fake and the people still at the edge of their seats watching are the same people that wait for the midnight premiere of the newest Transformer movie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:41 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ferrari wrote:
Quote:
NASCAR penalizes crew members and crew chiefs, No drivers penalized: NASCAR has assessed penalties to crew members from the #5 and #24 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams for their involvement in post-race incidents on Nov. 2 at Texas Motor Speedway. In addition, the crew chiefs from those two teams also have been penalized.
Jeremy Fuller, a crew member with the #5 team, along with Dwayne Doucette and Jason Ingle, crew members with the #24 team, each have been fined $25,000 and suspended from NASCAR through the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. All three were found to be in violation of:
" Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing
" Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty - involved in a post-race physical altercation with a driver on pit road
Dean Mozingo, a crew member with the #24 team, has been fined $10,000 and suspended from NASCAR through the completion of the next three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. He was found to be in violation of:
" Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty - involved in a post-race physical altercation with another crew member on pit road
Kenny Francis, crew chief of the #5 team, and Alan Gustafson, crew chief of the No. 24 team, have each been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation through the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. They were found to be in violation of:
" Section 9-4A: Crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his team members
" Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty
"While the intensity and emotions are high as we continue through the final rounds of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the actions that we saw from several crew members Sunday following the race at Texas are unacceptable," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president, competition and racing development. "We reviewed the content that was available to us of the post-race incident along pit road, and identified several crew members who crossed the line with their actions, specifically punching others. We therefore have penalized four crew members as well as their crew chiefs, as they ultimately are responsible for members of their team per the NASCAR rule book," Pemberton continued. "A NASCAR championship is at stake, but we can't allow behavior that crosses the line to go unchecked, particularly when it puts others in harm's way."(NASCAR)(11-4-2014)

Good. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:44 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

IT'S SO AWESOME THAT SOME DRIVERS HAD ANOTHER SLAP FIGHT AND EX SEC FOOTBALL PLAYER TURNED GAS CAN MAN CAN TAKE A CHEEPSHOT PUNCH LIKE HE'S AT A FRAT PARTY. YEA RIVALRIES HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THE FIFTEENTH GWC THIS IS JUST LIKE PEARSON AND PETTY. GODDDAMN THIS IS FUCKING GREAT LOOK AT ALL THE PASSING SHIT THE DOMINANT CAR DIDN'T WIN BUT FOR SOME REASON THIS TIME HE GOT LUCKY AN WON. MAN IM SO HAPPY THAT SOME ASSHOLE IS PROBABLY GOING TO BACK HIS WAY INTO A CHAMPIONSHIP EVEN THOUGH HE HAS AN AVERAGE FINISH OF 14.9 THIS IS NASCAR THE GREATEST SPORT EVER. FUCK IT DONT LIKE IT WELL YOU CAN JUST GET OUT THIS IS JUST LIKE IT WAS IN 92. ALAN KULEICKIS COUSIN WOIJEK SAID THAT THIS IS WHAT ALAN WOULD HAVE WANTED IT TO BE LIKE THIS. AND AUSTIN IN THE 3. GODDAMN THAT'S LIKE THE THING THIS SPORT NEEDED. I CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO BE RACING CHASE AND PAULIR HARRAKA. IT'S LIKE EARNHARDT/ELLIOT/WALLACE.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

fuck, my sides

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How can you say a race with 800 debris cautions is a good race.
It's not the caution that was good, it was what happened before and after. And not only when we had the caution. Up to lap 180 we had a nice long green run with Harvick and Gordon trying to chase JJ tru lap traffic and pit stops.

If it wasn't for Napcar bunching up the field, I can say that nothing happened because the cars don't pass or spin out and that's it.
Wrong again, it did happen as I said above. And it happened because this new tyre makes mechanical grip a prime, while having the "problem" of blowing up when u push it to hard, just like good "old" days with the COY that had a lot of blown tyres when we were near a green flag pit stop. Surely they had less aero-dependence, but this was a factor also. Making the races with more cautions, and strategy options. And after we had the cautions, we had fights for positions. Surely it can get better, but it wasn't near as bad as most are pointing it out. A track that is hard to pass makes for different strategies, and having to really earn a pass. Is one of the things that almost only happens in Nascar and is one of the beauties on it.

Attrition as a factor sucks today
Isn't that what made Bristol great? Not the fight itself. But why it had happened: Lots at stake in a fight for position. This chase has put 2 times more pressure on the shoulders of the drivers than ever before. I can feel that, and even when a race seems boring, I'm with the drivers, feeling the tension and it gets me really pumped up.

and tire blow outs are the only real thing left in this sport.
lol

These races today are manufactured and fake and the people still at the edge of their seats watching are the same people that wait for the midnight premiere of the newest Transformer movie.
No, the ones that watch may be different that the hardcore fans of yesterday. But now Nascar finally made the chase full of drama and ups and downs like they wanted. But I think even the most optimistic wasn't thinking that it would go kaboom like it did. One chase had a lot of nice stories behind it. Now it's like we have 4 of them in 10 races. And the focus on winning just made the first 26 races be more worthwhile. Making most drivers go all-in the whole season. But not for a sissy top 5. It's for the win.

Again, the fight it's awesome, but what's behind it - why it did happen - it's the real deal. And that is a huge fight (on track, off track, mind games.... everything) to be the champion, as Nascar always wanted with the Chase format and finally did it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tristar 7AT wrote:
IT'S SO AWESOME THAT SOME DRIVERS HAD ANOTHER SLAP FIGHT AND EX SEC FOOTBALL PLAYER TURNED GAS CAN MAN CAN TAKE A CHEEPSHOT PUNCH LIKE HE'S AT A FRAT PARTY. YEA RIVALRIES HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THE FIFTEENTH GWC THIS IS JUST LIKE PEARSON AND PETTY. GODDDAMN THIS IS FUCKING GREAT LOOK AT ALL THE PASSING SHIT THE DOMINANT CAR DIDN'T WIN BUT FOR SOME REASON THIS TIME HE GOT LUCKY AN WON. MAN IM SO HAPPY THAT SOME ASSHOLE IS PROBABLY GOING TO BACK HIS WAY INTO A CHAMPIONSHIP EVEN THOUGH HE HAS AN AVERAGE FINISH OF 14.9 THIS IS NASCAR THE GREATEST SPORT EVER. FUCK IT DONT LIKE IT WELL YOU CAN JUST GET OUT THIS IS JUST LIKE IT WAS IN 92. ALAN KULEICKIS COUSIN WOIJEK SAID THAT THIS IS WHAT ALAN WOULD HAVE WANTED IT TO BE LIKE THIS. AND AUSTIN IN THE 3. GODDAMN THAT'S LIKE THE THING THIS SPORT NEEDED. I CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO BE RACING CHASE AND PAULIR HARRAKA. IT'S LIKE EARNHARDT/ELLIOT/WALLACE.

So if we had Jeff Gordon taking the lead with 200 to go and leading all the way, for his 20th win in 30 races no one would be complaining? :mrgreen:

Oh and yeah, fuck Dillon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:42 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

I always wondered what it was like to live under a bunch of power lines.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's definitely nice to not hear guys say anymore that it was a good points day or atleast hardly as much as they used to.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Holy shit....are Born-Again NASCAR fans a thing now?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:01 pm 

http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/

NASCAR LOSES IT
Monday, November 3, 2014 at 11:44AM

By Peter M. De Lorenzo

Okay, I get the fact that NASCAR, after being stung by years of relentless criticism over its season-long championship campaigns in the past, some of which droned on from early spring until the closing bell in a tedious march with the same driver in the series lead, decided to shake things up with the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

The resulting ten race "Chase" was different, at least at first, but too often provided little drama after the first couple of races. So this year, the marketing geniuses in Daytona Beach decided that they would silence their critics for good by having a series of "knock-out" rounds spread out over the first nine races, resulting in four drivers being left standing and eligible for the championship in the finale at Homestead.

But something strange - and stupid - has happened during this season's onward march to Homestead, and that is that normally sane and somewhat dignified drivers are losing their shit on national television on an almost weekly basis, and it is getting just ridiculous, with the mainstream "stick and ball" sports media now referring to NASCAR using not endearing comparisons to the UFC and the NHL. (As for the incident between Jeff and Brad and the melee afterward, I thought Gordon moved down on Keselowski to cut off his progress, and he got a flat left rear for that maneuver. But Gordon knows this may be his last best run for a championship, so the normally cool Gordon flat-out lost his cool.)

In short, it's a mess. The convoluted new Sprint Cup Championship Chase has now injected an air of desperation into the proceedings every week, with the star drivers from big-buck teams acting like it's a Saturday night feature race from NASCAR's formative years, where fisticuffs between drivers and/or the local track promoters were a common occurrence. (I know, because I spent a few days with NASCAR legend Buck Baker in the early days of his NASCAR driving school at Atlanta Motor Speedway, and even ferreting through the bullshit of some of his stories, the reality of NASCAR's early days was a volatile combination of racin' and honky tonkin', as ol' Buck said, and not necessarily in that order. Suffice to say, even back in '86 Buck thought NASCAR had become way too soft.)

Well, there's no doubt that NASCAR has become a marketing juggernaut that has swallowed every other form of racing whole in the U.S. And it has marketed itself as a "clean" family-first sport that somehow rises above the other major sports in terms of their off-the-field shenanigans. And to the drivers and teams - and their families - that participate in the sport centered out of the Charlotte area, and depend on it for their essential livelihoods, it has afforded them a lifestyle that was only dreamed about in the past.

And that's all well and good, because as I've said repeatedly on this site, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the talented people involved in the NASCAR trenches, because they're some of the best and brightest in racing today - any type of racing in fact - and they deserve the recognition.

But what's going on now is beyond ridiculous, because almost overnight NASCAR has become a punchline for stupidity, and network chuckle heads across the country, especially on the national morning shows, are dining on the "joke" of NASCAR and not hesitating for one second to heap derision on the sport.

Is this really what NASCAR wanted? Is this what the powers that be in Daytona Beach, led by Brian "I like to phone it in" France, envisioned this new gimmick in the Chase for the Sprint Cup would come to? I certainly hope not, or let's just say I can't imagine anyone in his or her right mind in the NASCAR power structure would even remotely even daydream about it.

Look, do emotions run high in racing? You bet they do. Am I advocating group hugs and kumbaya sing-alongs in the pit lane after races? Oh hell no. But NASCAR has long outlived its honky tonkin' days, and what's going on now on a regular basis is setting the sport back at least a couple of decades, and not in a good way either.

The powers that be in NASCAR hate criticism as much as Vladimir Putin. They don't like people - like me - who don't buy into the program that they offer, dismissing alternative voices as road kill the NASCAR machine can and will roll over.

But the NASCAR brain trust is looking like complete fools at this very moment, and their precious series is on the verge of becoming a national joke, and the only ones they have to blame are themselves.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17