TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:01 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

This is a thread to talk about Jules Bianchi's condition. Here's the latest news thanks to Tobias.

Tobias wrote:
I'll provide a translation:

Quote:
Alain Prost also heard the bad news circulating in the Sochi paddock regarding Jules Bianch's condition, which apparently has deteriorated. The four time world champion was very shocked, as he told RMC.

"We are all very affected and I'm personally very shocked. The news we receive is not very reassuring. This will not change. We can do nothing about it. It was very shocking. Our generation has seen accidents, not similar, but very grave. This reminds us of the bad memories/souvenirs. With age, it's a bit like these drivers are our children. 25 Years of age (Bianchi's age) is very shocking. We have no desire to see a driver being badly hurt with a tractor", said the Frenchmen.

What does Prost think about the arguments put forward by the FIA on Thursday, stating that all that happened was in compliance with the applicable rules?

"I don't wish to cause trouble to the FIA, because I have a massive amount of respect for what they have done on the level of safety. There was still an element of which we knew there was something to be done, it's the "above" [probably refering to the open cockpits].

"I am not entirely convinced, but again, I don't have a desire to cause trouble. It is normal that the FIA shows it is difficult to take some decisions. But one cannot hide behind procedure. This one [a procedure] had to exist. There are certainly other means to be found. This accident can never happen again. The conditions are never the same at all times. In extreme circumstances, risk is not an option. It is because of this I cannot be totally convinced.

"This accident is not banal, in the sense that it was provoked by an exterior element. But F1, it's like in life, on the road, with rules to be respected. In my opinion, the tractor should not have been there in the conditions under which the latter stages of the race took place.

"One can always find excuses or reasons for anything, but it is more important to judge the consequences. A driver who drives a bit faster in rainy conditions, who respects the yellow flag a bit less, this always happen. One has to know.

Feel free to use the banner to support Jules, his friends & his family. :yes: And also if you want, you can write some nice messages for Jules, I'll post them on the index page: http://tbk-light.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:23 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Although the artile sounds bad, I feel it adds nothing new. These are the words of a shocked man, and fellow country man.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Feels like Schumacher all over again. Bad news and reassuring news alternating each other. I hope he turns out fine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Since we now have this thread and in a similar vein to Schumachers accident we can discuss the events and the outcome all we like but im afraid its worse than Schumacher, from what i understand from someone close to the team theres very little hope for him ever recovering such was the damage that was done was so grave, similar head injuries nearly always result in eventual death or a total vegatative state ..

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:08 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Eddington mains wrote:
from what i understand from someone close to the team theres very little hope for him ever recovering such was the damage that was done was so grave, similar head injuries nearly always result in eventual death or a total vegatative state ..

I've never wanted to post this because I don't really like to spread "rumours" (even though I trust them) but I heard the same via someone who is in contact with the Marussia team. Was also told that when medics arrived there was initially no (or very little) sign of life, which makes it incredible that he's still fighting right now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:11 pm 

The mood seemed to lighten after the R GP.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:59 pm 

In an interview by Dutch commentator Olav Mol with Sauber testdriver Guido van der Garde the latter discribed when Sutil came back to the pitbox and he said to the team he saw 'Jules close his eyes'. So they all knew that the situation was very grave. So this might confirm Jules Bianchi was concious for a very short moment. Ofcourse it's not expected Bianchi was also alert after such an enormous impact. This was broadcasted on the Dutch Sport1 network.

I'm hoping for the best but fearing the worst :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:54 am 

seems like the translation I posted was too 'conservative' or careful.
AUTOSPORT features an article saying Prost is "furious" about the crash.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumacher and now Bianchi... I find it much easier to deal with deaths on the spot rather than this. I lost a relative in an unfair car accident a while ago, and while it smacks you hard, I would take it any day of the week instead of such injuries, no matter what flimsy hope of partial recovery there may be.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I just hope that the Bianchi family don't handle it the way the Schumacher family did in regards to the media.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In a few weeks Bianchi will just be another name for the history books while Schumacher is and will be a big name. The press will forget about him while they'll do the unthinkable to get that one photo of Micheal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:14 pm 

micha wrote:
In a few weeks Bianchi will just be another name for the history books while Schumacher is and will be a big name. The press will forget about him while they'll do the unthinkable to get that one photo of Micheal.

That might be true, but I don't really see that happening, to be honest. Bianchi's crash has been the most awful crash during an actual F1 racing weekend that we've seen in more than a decade. Also this acciden caused a new push of safety and change of the sport (yellow flag zones, canopies, etc.). Who know swhat this might lead to in the next two years.

In other news: German news site "Sport Bild" reported that Marussia told Bianchi to push prior to the crash. No mention in this article, if they actually told him to push in the yellow flag zone, though. So this is actually no news and wild speculation only. Anyway, here's a link to the article: http://sportbild.bild.de/formel-1/2014/formel-1/forderte-marussia-bianchi-zum-schnellfahren-auf-38133680.sport.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Obviously not in the yellow zone but elsewhere, same as any other team. Typical trying to make a 'story' out of nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:23 pm 

apparently there was still a video or image of Bianchi as he just accelerated away from Sutil's crash, only to crash one lap later?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:32 pm 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Could the title possibly be changed to not include latest where it is? It cuts off from the main forum and looks far more sinister than it actually is

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:33 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

KingOfChins wrote:
Could the title possibly be changed to not include latest where it is? It cuts off from the main forum and looks far more sinister than it actually is

Wow, you are right about this. +1.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:50 pm 

Gaara wrote:
Obviously not in the yellow zone but elsewhere, same as any other team. Typical trying to make a 'story' out of nothing.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to say as well. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tokkel wrote:
micha wrote:

That might be true, but I don't really see that happening, to be honest. Bianchi's crash has been the most awful crash during an actual F1 racing weekend that we've seen in more than a decade. Also this acciden caused a new push of safety and change of the sport (yellow flag zones, canopies, etc.). Who know swhat this might lead to in the next two years.

Does anyone who isn't that big into F1 or racing in general know who Roland Ratzenberger is?
Those who do probably only remember it because it was the same weekend as Senna.

Tobias wrote:
apparently there was still a video or image of Bianchi as he just accelerated away from Sutil's crash, only to crash one lap later?

in the replay of Sutil spinning you can clearly see a Marussia in front of him

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:51 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Here is some words of his father Philippe Bianchi, credits goes to James Allen http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/10/jules-bianchis-father-speaks-its-desperate-but-jules-is-still-fighting/
Quote:
“The situation is desperate. Every time the telephone goes, we know it could be the hospital to tell us that Jules is dead. But initially they said that the first 24 hours were crucial. Then it became the first 72 hours and here we are still with Jules, who is fighting.
“He will succeed in the most important qualifying lap of his life. He won’t give up, I’m sure of that.
“I can see it. I believe it. I speak to him. I know he can hear me. His doctors have told us that this is already a miracle, no one has ever survived such a serious accident. But Jules won’t give-up. His trainer Andrea says that if there is one person who can make it happen, with his will, it’s Jules.”
Philippe Bianchi, the father of Jules Bianchi has spoken to Italian sports paper La Gazzetta dello Sport about the plight of his son Jules, 25, who was injured in an accident with a course vehicle in the Japanese Grand Prix and remains in a critical but stable condition in Yokkaichi hospital in Japan.
“It’s tough. In a week the life of this family has been destroyed,” he says. “What are we doing here? Living a nightmare in a place very far from home. But when Jules gets a bit better we can transfer him, maybe to Tokyo and things will be a bit easier. But who knows when that will happen. If it will happen. We have no certainties, we just have to wait.
“The people here are lovely but no-one speaks English. ”

Philippe Bianchi also reveals that he is using Michael Schumacher’s accident as a reference point, “I was very sad when he got hurt. I kept wondering, like very one else ‘Why don’t they tell us more about how he is?’ But now I’m in the same position I understand. Everyone keeps asking me how Jules is but I can’t reply, there is no answer. It’s very serous, but he’s stable. One day he seems a bit better, other days bit worse. The doctors don’t say. The damage from the accident is very bad but we don’t know how it will evolve.
“Even with Schumacher it took months to come out of the coma. Jean Todt said he hopes Michael will one day be able to have a normal life. One day I hope we can say the same abut Jules.”
The Bianchi family were very touched by the show of support from the other F1 drivers in Sochi, forming a ‘circle of solidarity’ for Jules, where they formed up on the grid in a ring with arms around each other’s shoulders, facing inwards to only themselves, the ones who best understood. “I’ve never seen anything like that,” said Philippe Bianchi. “It touched us very deeply. We thank every one of them. So many of them have been in touch, written to me; Alonso, Vergne, Massa have given strong messages, Hamilton wrote me a beautiful email in which he says that if there is anything he can do, he’s there. Rossi and Marquez from Moto GP too.
“We are sure that all this love, this energy Jules can feel it, Marussia and Ferrari too.”
He says that he has not watched the amateur video of the accident and isn’t going to for now, “It would make me crazy. I need positive energy now.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:51 am 

Jules' father speaks

Quote:
“The situation is desperate. Every time the telephone goes, we know it could be the hospital to tell us that Jules is dead. But initially they said that the first 24 hours were crucial. Then it became the first 72 hours and here we are still with Jules, who is fighting.

“He will succeed in the most important qualifying lap of his life. He won’t give up, I’m sure of that.

“I can see it. I believe it. I speak to him. I know he can hear me. His doctors have told us that this is already a miracle, no one has ever survived such a serious accident. But Jules won’t give-up. His trainer Andrea says that if there is one person who can make it happen, with his will, it’s Jules.”

Philippe Bianchi, the father of Jules Bianchi has spoken to Italian sports paper La Gazzetta dello Sport about the plight of his son Jules, 25, who was injured in an accident with a course vehicle in the Japanese Grand Prix and remains in a critical but stable condition in Yokkaichi hospital in Japan.

“It’s tough. In a week the life of this family has been destroyed,” he says. “What are we doing here? Living a nightmare in a place very far from home. But when Jules gets a bit better we can transfer him, maybe to Tokyo and things will be a bit easier. But who knows when that will happen. If it will happen. We have no certainties, we just have to wait.
“The people here are lovely but no-one speaks English. ”

Philippe Bianchi also reveals that he is using Michael Schumacher’s accident as a reference point, “I was very sad when he got hurt. I kept wondering, like very one else ‘Why don’t they tell us more about how he is?’ But now I’m in the same position I understand. Everyone keeps asking me how Jules is but I can’t reply, there is no answer. It’s very serous, but he’s stable. One day he seems a bit better, other days bit worse. The doctors don’t say. The damage from the accident is very bad but we don’t know how it will evolve.

“Even with Schumacher it took months to come out of the coma. Jean Todt said he hopes Michael will one day be able to have a normal life. One day I hope we can say the same abut Jules.”

The Bianchi family were very touched by the show of support from the other F1 drivers in Sochi, forming a ‘circle of solidarity’ for Jules, where they formed up on the grid in a ring with arms around each other’s shoulders, facing inwards to only themselves, the ones who best understood. “I’ve never seen anything like that,” said Philippe Bianchi. “It touched us very deeply. We thank every one of them. So many of them have been in touch, written to me; Alonso, Vergne, Massa have given strong messages, Hamilton wrote me a beautiful email in which he says that if there is anything he can do, he’s there. Rossi and Marquez from Moto GP too.
“We are sure that all this love, this energy Jules can feel it, Marussia and Ferrari too.”
He says that he has not watched the amateur video of the accident and isn’t going to for now, “It would make me crazy. I need positive energy now.”

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/10/j ... ign=buffer