TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 7779 Next

Who will lead the Drivers Championship after the Japanese GP?
Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:53 am
Lewis HAMILTON 64%  64%  [ 21 ]
Nico ROSBERG 36%  36%  [ 12 ]
Total votes: 33
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well teams have managed it overnight. They have enough spare parts to build an entire new car, they're just not allowed to have it built up like they used to.

There is no reason why Marussia can't run two cars.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

guess so.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
Autosport.com wrote:
Gary Anderson: The lessons of Suzuka

At Suzuka at this time of year it starts to get dark at around 5pm. So taking this into account, the race should have started at the latest 1pm and not 3pm.

It makes no sense to run at a track where it gets dark during the regulated four-hour slot. Malaysia is another event that suffers from this, as we saw with the shortened race in 2009.

For the precious European viewers....who incidentally (aside from Austria) are getting fewer and fewer races. Azerbaijan doesn't count, cause I will argue till I'm black and blue that that's not Europe.

Its just another instance of the hypocrisy of Bernie that makes me want to punch that old fucker in the face. Its either a World Championship or its not. You don't have a World Championship and run it at convenient times for Europe. Cause that would be a European Championship.

Agree with everything Gary Anderson said btw.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Jennie Gow ‏@JennieGow 12m12 minutes ago

Ive not spoken to anyone at Marussia today but have been down the pit lane and the team are working on setting up both cars. #F1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

With the earlier start times the viewing figures in Europe were extremely low, However I gather they are not exactly that much higher with the later start times we've had the past few years. I never really minded the earlier start times to be honest & they were more convenient in some ways, especially for Friday/Saturday where I'd stay up all night to watch Practice.

Sunday morning Suzuka averaged 1.74m on the BBC & 494k on Sky.
The BBC's repeat showing in the afternoon averaged 2.24m, Sky cancelled all programming on SSF1 after the race until 1pm Monday.

http://f1broadcasting.wordpress.com/201 ... gs-report/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
kals wrote:
Autosport.com wrote:

At Suzuka at this time of year it starts to get dark at around 5pm. So taking this into account, the race should have started at the latest 1pm and not 3pm.

It makes no sense to run at a track where it gets dark during the regulated four-hour slot. Malaysia is another event that suffers from this, as we saw with the shortened race in 2009.

For the precious European viewers....who incidentally (aside from Austria) are getting fewer and fewer races. Azerbaijan doesn't count, cause I will argue till I'm black and blue that that's not Europe.

Its just another instance of the hypocrisy of Bernie that makes me want to punch that old fucker in the face. Its either a World Championship or its not. You don't have a World Championship and run it at convenient times for Europe. Cause that would be a European Championship.

And us European viewers don't mind if is it 2 hours earlier. If it is too early to get out of bed, it is also possible to record it. Better than having a farce like Japan this year, or Malaysia or Korea or Brazil the last years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I preferred the earlier start times, that way I could go back to bed after the race. Now these races end at 10 am and that's no time to go back to bed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Getting up early was always part of the fun and anticipation. A 4am or 6am start for the Australian and Japanese races was easily doable. But having moved to USA these races now start between 2am-4am for me, not forgetting the other flyaway races. The upside for being on East Coast USA now is that when I get up at 8am on a Sunday to make my son's breakfast, the GP will be about to start.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:34 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah,getting up was part of the fun. Now I wake up at 8,race is until 10 and I cant go back to sleep

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:10 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

webbsy wrote:
kals wrote:
Autosport.com wrote:

And us European viewers don't mind if is it 2 hours earlier. If it is too early to get out of bed, it is also possible to record it. Better than having a farce like Japan this year, or Malaysia or Korea or Brazil the last years.

as a precious eruopean viewer in my country most of the races are pay tv only so i really don't care what time of the day they race. Plus if it's a sunny day i prefer to spend it outside and watch the recorded race when i go back at home, so again not that much concern for me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:40 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Chilton drove 230km/h through the Dunlop curve, just moments before Bianchi with nearly equally worn tires. Maybe something else went wrong for Jules?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:02 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Quote:
You don't have a World Championship and run it at convenient times for Europe. Cause that would be a European Championship.

That's not how countries work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:08 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

I don't understand, please elaborate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:19 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

If you run a race in Japan at 6pm then it doesn't magically transport Japan to Europe. If you run a race at 9pm in Singapore, it doesn't make Singapore European.

Whilst I love the early morning rises for these races, the argument that F1 should not cater for the largest TV base because it would somehow make every country in the world European is utterly retarded.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
asian races in Brazil are only for those who really likes it (REAL FANS ITT) as they start at 3AM, 4AM and even 5AM. those are no problem at all as I go to sleep earlier to wake up a bit before. the best start time both for audience and best viewing is the lunch time races (Bahrain after this year and Abu Dhabi)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
Quote:
You don't have a World Championship and run it at convenient times for Europe. Cause that would be a European Championship.

That's not how countries work.

Having a 4 hour race window that would finish after official sunset, on a track that isn't flood lit to benefit start times to a European customer base is pretty Euro centric I would say. Yes, Europe is the largest F1 audience, so it should cater to that audience by having more races in that region.

As an Aussie, races wouldn't be shown on TV (always delayed) after what ever the Sunday night movie was, usually at about 11.30 pm or midnight, 3-4 am for Brazil (haven't lived there for a number of years so don't know if still is the case). After 10 plus years of that I consequently feel weird watching F1 during the day time, shit takes up all your Sunday afternoon with pre show, race, post race. Ok for a once off, but every other weekend?

So while the adjusting of the times doesn't really affect me, it will affect me when they fuck it up like Malaysia 09 and almost did here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
some years ago they started Australian GP at midnight, it was sweet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
If you run a race in Japan at 6pm then it doesn't magically transport Japan to Europe. If you run a race at 9pm in Singapore, it doesn't make Singapore European.

Whilst I love the early morning rises for these races, the argument that F1 should not cater for the largest TV base because it would somehow make every country in the world European is utterly retarded.

The whole reasoning behind moving Japan and a few other races to later in the day to cater for European fans has always been flawed anyway. Just because a race starts at 7am rather than 5am, it does not mean that the average fan is going to watch it - they probably will still just catch the replay in the afternoon (I certainly have friends who do this).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's a Sunday, they'll either be sleeping in or headed for church.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:19 pm 

Then why are these races moved? Just to get a higher global audience? I really doubt it's that easy.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 7779 Next