TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next

Will these incredibly twitchy V6 machines be able to take Eau Rouge flat out?
Poll ended at Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:12 am
Yes 45%  45%  [ 22 ]
No 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Someone will try and end up in Malmédy 45%  45%  [ 22 ]
Total votes: 49
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:57 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I disagree with your analysis. Rosberg actually turned left then corrected back to his original orientation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:01 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

there is no conspiracy here. Hamilton gives himself a harder job than he should in this championship. If he keeps it clean in the coming races he should win. He still has the advantage come the last race where double points are on offer (fair to say he is quite a bit better in Abu Dhabi than Rosberg).

about yesterday, it's Rosbergs fault. No idea why he kept it in. I've never seen a car that was quite a way behind going into the first part of Les Combes get ahead in the second part. Could have ended much worse for both cars. Poor judgment there by Nico.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Zorba wrote:
It's simpler than it seems (Rosberg's onboard it's much more clear). Watch this Rosberg's fans.

http://a.pomf.se/gruivq.gif

Before the "second" leg curve, Rosberg turns his wheel to the right, they hit the wheels, and even so Rosberg not reduce its speed.

Another manipulated championship. 1- On two times when the SC should have been called, it was not, the two Rosberg would be harmed. 2- Team orders. 3- Only one car breaks down. No punishments to Rosberg behavior (Monaco and today). Still not clear to you guys? Is the first time it happens in F1?

I fail to see the conspiracy. He makes a large move to the left, to avoid Hamilton's wheel hitting his, and then turns right again so that he can, you know, make the actual corner. There was room for both of them to escape from the resulting collision, but Hamilton lost track of his rear wheels (as he has done before) and turned across. Rosberg was never going to make it stick, and repeated watching only seems to show him trying to back out. Neither driver is blameless.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tobias wrote:
I've never seen a car that was quite a way behind going into the first part of Les Combes get ahead in the second part.

Michael defended against Damon from what ended up as Nico's position in 1995, but it wasn't exactly a clean defence :slaphead:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:41 am 

I think Petrov successfuly made the move on Rosberg (which the latter tried yesterday on Hamilton) back in '10.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
This really only talks about making a defensive move on a straight or approaching a corner. In Lewis's case he was in the corner, had the racing line and Nico was a fraction alongside him at corner exit. Lewis never changed lines or made a defensive move here, so the 1 car width requirement does not apply.

I've always thought it common knowledge in F1 that when exiting a corner, unless you have a reasonable overlap (not reasonable in the sense of the above rule, which was written to avoid any contact on straights, but reasonable in at least wheel to wheel), you need to yield the racing line to the car in front or get run off track. But putting this assumption aside, common sense seems to support this as if drivers are allowed to put a fraction of their nose in on corner exit it will put the leading car at an unfair disadvantage to ever take a normal racing line with a car behind, and possibly introduce dangerous situations considering that is much more of a blind spot for the car in front than the car behind. Not to mention keeping your eye on the mirrors while taking a corner is much more risky than on a straight.

Came here to make a post, saw this, just quoting it word to word.

Nico was lucky yesterday. 90% of the time in those situations, the driver behind gets the wrong end of the stick (destroyed front wing) and the driver in front gets away with it. If that had happened, the outcome would seem more "fair" to people and no arguing would be ongoing.

James B wrote:
Call it a racing incident or call it what you like. Neither driver deserved a penalty, both could have avoided it, but the onus is more on Hamilton in that situation to avoid the collision because Rosberg was that fraction alongside

You're dreaming my friend. 5cms? Passing is easy then, just move out of the way if the driver behind want to get pass without even working for it!

Any former racing driver I heard commenting races has the same way of calling those moves where a driver puts a fraction of his nose on the inside, expecting the car in front to give space: "Stupid."

The common unwritten rule between gentlemen drivers is front wheels alongside. That's a clean pass and gives no other choice to the driver in front. Otherwise, it means you're suiciding it and crossing fingers for lenience from the guy in front.
When only front wheels are past rear wheels, it starts to get disputable. But front wing against rear wheel? You lost the corner, slot back in or tears ensue.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gael wrote:
I saw it as just a racing deal. Rosberg went for it, and Hamilton made his turn as if he wasn't there. I thought Rosberg's move was ambitious, but I didn't think it was out of line by any means.

This, totally agree.... I was also absolutely flabbergasted at the booing for Rosberg on the podium

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 am 

if Ricciardo limits the damage in Italy, I can see him winning the championship.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I completely agree with Philthy and coldtyre. I fail to see how it is anyone but Rosberg's fault. He has to at least be half way alongside to have any claim to the left hand part of the corner. I don't think any single driver in Lewis' position would have driven any differently. Yes, Lewis' attitude and whining makes it hard to like him a lot of the time, but it shouldn't affect your judgement of the incident on track.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I don't think anyone can really blame Lewis for it. It is 100% Rosbergs fault. But someone with better race craft would've avoided it.

Remember when Lewis raced Maldonado hard? The accident was 100% Maldonados fault. But Lewis should've seen it coming. And given his relationship with Nico and the incidents in Hungry, he should've seen that coming too.

Nicos fault. Lewis should've seen it coming.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:30 am 

I have no doubt, not only was 100% Rosberg fault, as was clearly intentional, he should be punished immediately. Hamilton could have avoided? Yes, but it was not his obligation, by the rules. Why Hamilton and Vettel not collided? Simple, because Vettel did not throw your car against Hamilton's Mercedes, purposely Like Rosberg. Regarding conspiracies, is just my opinion, but it's happened before.

Last edited by ellis on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edited to fix YT Tags

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:37 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I fixed your YT Tags, hope you don't mind me editing for that.

Those onboards prove what I said - Rosberg didn't turn into him, he just corrected his car and went back to the position his hands were in before. There was no clearly obvious action which involved him turning his car towards Lewis.

Quote:
Hamilton could have avoided? Yes, but it was not his obligation, by the rules.

100% agree. However I feel this saying applies -

"Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:12 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Philthy82 wrote:
I actually can't find any rule that refers to defending in corners, which is surprising.

It's because the same thing applies. It would be illogical for it not to apply. 'Unwritten rules' and suchlike are irrelevant - if it says you can't chop a car off when he has any kind of overlap, you can't do it. And it's entirely understandable because it (theoretically) prevents incidents like this

By the time of the collision, I don't think Nico is trying to pass. He has tried to force his move but it hasn't worked and he's just getting out of it. He's boxed in, because the edge of the track and Lewis' trajectory forms a wedge. Yes, he could've touched the brakes and avoided it, but it also could've been avoided if Lewis hadn't come across the track so aggressively. There's nothing to suggest he couldn't have left a bit more room, and he knew he was there

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you stick your nose in you risk it getting chopped off, but it's exactly the same if you know someone has been trying to get alongside and still take the normal racing line.

I said it yesterday, Hamilton could have run a little wider and still stayed ahead. He knew Rosberg was there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
I'm not a Lewis fan by any means (quite the opposite in fact) but I don't quite get all the whiny bitch comments in regards to him today. I was actually surprised by how much restraint he showed today. I honestly expected much worse from him. I fully understand him wanting to DNF as well since he'd wrecked the floor of his car and there was no sense to put more mileage on the power unit at that point.

Don't quite get the anger toward the MGP management either. I'm not quite sure what they could've done differently today. Toto already admitted their mistake in not handling the communication to the drivers well enough in Hungary. It's not like they made Nico turn into Lewis there or cause the incident. I don't think they needed to remind the drivers about such a basic golden rule. So I'm not quite sure what people are expecting from them. Would you rather have them enforce strict team orders? With MGP running away with the championship, I'm just glad they've given the drivers so much free reign to race and give us fans all this juicy controversy.

It is because Lewis wears his heart on his sleeve like a pre-schooler who has dropped their ice cream. It is good to have someone with emotional imbalance in the sport when we decry the lack of personality within the grid. But it is for that same reason why Lewis receives a lack of sympathy. People ignore what is going on and why he is "moaning", instead fixate on the actual moan.

Here's a guy who has spent the entire season playing catch up through no fault of his own thanks to unreliability. When he gets on a level then there is the Monaco incident, followed by more unreliability in Canada. Then there are the mistakes in qualifying which are most likely as a result of trying harder to get back on terms in the title race and after his first slice of luck at Silverstone... then comes Hockenheim and Hungary reliability issues and the "team order"...

But hey, let's ignore how we've got to where we are today and fixate on the "moaning" side of Lewis. He's not the first nor last driver to complain over the radio about something in the race. And considering his position in the race at the time and knowing that his position regarding power units following Hungary, it shouldn't be a surprise that he wanted to park.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:34 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Came back from a great weekend at Spa, but I'm all out of energy :lol:

Camping site Les Combes = great parties.
Oh and waking up on Sunday at 6 am to have a good spot at Pouhon is deadly, especially when it's only 5 degrees outside.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:03 pm 

is it wrong to compare yesterday's incident with Webber vs Hamilton in Singapore 2010? Lewis left room then, but was still hit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Full Lewis transcript
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/241 ... s-briefing

FYI he said it in a calm manner, more bemused than anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
of course nobody will be punished, the joy of having team mates on championship fight

if it was Alonso instead of Hamilton, Rosberg would be fucked

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:52 pm 

ellis wrote:
I don't think anyone can really blame Lewis for it. It is 100% Rosbergs fault. But someone with better race craft would've avoided it.

Remember when Lewis raced Maldonado hard? The accident was 100% Maldonados fault. But Lewis should've seen it coming. And given his relationship with Nico and the incidents in Hungry, he should've seen that coming too.

Nicos fault. Lewis should've seen it coming.

How was it 100% Rosberg's fault though? You always need two drivers in order to have a collision. While not much, Nico was still alongside, and Hamilton had no reason to turn in so early, especially knowing that Nico might still be there.

Technically, if we look at the rulebook and rulebook only, the collision was 100% on Hamilton, because he turned into Rosberg. Nico did not change his line at any point, nor was he about to lift. He is entitled to that line if he is still alongside, again, according to the FIA rules. Common sense and racing experience would of course say that Nico should've lifted, but then again, he did yield somewhat, but refused to actually brake to let Lewis go, which is fine.

All I'm saying is that the crash simply cannot be 100% on Nico if Lewis actually turned into him.

Gaara wrote:
If you stick your nose in you risk it getting chopped off, but it's exactly the same if you know someone has been trying to get alongside and still take the normal racing line.

I said it yesterday, Hamilton could have run a little wider and still stayed ahead. He knew Rosberg was there.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next