TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 3335 Next

Will these incredibly twitchy V6 machines be able to take Eau Rouge flat out?
Poll ended at Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:12 am
Yes 45%  45%  [ 22 ]
No 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Someone will try and end up in Malmédy 45%  45%  [ 22 ]
Total votes: 49
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dont think that you should give him a 1 race ban compared to what was Grosjean doing in 2012...
But thats my opionion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:57 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

alex1369 wrote:
I dont think that you should give him a 1 race ban compared to what was Grosjean doing in 2012...
But thats my opionion

No. Just, no.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:58 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

RtN wrote:
Quote:
Will Buxton ‏@willbuxton

Confirmation from Merc that the Lewis quotes are accurate, and are a reflection of what is believed to have been said in the meeting.

It's fucking on now, chaps!

Again, "are a reflection" isn't the same as "this is what Nico said". It's just a convenient way of throwing Nico under the bus. And whatever our opinions on the incident, surely we can all agree that that's incredibly unprofessional and shameful. A top F1 team should not be treating one of its drivers like this

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:01 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Mercedes fucked up in Hungary with how they handled the team strategy and what they told the drivers in the heat of the moment. It isn't a surprise they're currently creating a PR disaster for themselves.

Remember when Webber and Vettle collided in Turkey? And it was all hilarious. Look how Red Bull handled that. At the time we didn't know just how good a job they did in dealing with the whole thing. Now Mercedes is putting that in perspective.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:02 pm 

I think team orders will be back, which is a real shame, we can only blame Nico Rosberg for this.

Last edited by nascarf1indycar on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This quote by Hamilton is brilliant. Either what he says is true, then Nico has lost his mind completely, or it is Lewis trying to stir shit up, and then he has lost his mind completely. Either way, the gloves will be off for the rest of the season, and hopefully Ricciardo can sneak past them both in the double points race in the season finale!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:04 pm 

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115554

8O

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
if they play team orders to Hamilton, he'll not respect it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This nascarf1indycar chap takes fanboyism to a whole new level, beyond anything even this forum has seen before, and that is saying something.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 pm 
Eddie Jordan

I still think Lewis got what was coming to him after Hungary.

I like his its:

Lewis "claims" Nico hit him on purpose. Comes across to me as "wah wah wah". STFU dude and just get on with racing. If you don't like it, get out the car and give your seat to Sam Bird!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:09 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Quote:
"We just had a meeting about it and he basically said he did it on purpose," said Hamilton.

"He said he could have avoided it. He said 'I did it to prove a point'. He basically said I did it to prove a point.

Not avoiding something and ramming someone are different things. Even Lewis twists it by saying "he basically said"

No, he either did, or didn't. And he didn't.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

My guess is that Nico felt that Hamilton pushed him off the track unfairly in Hungary during the last lap, and wasn't going to take the same treatment again today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:13 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

James B wrote:
RtN wrote:
Quote:
Will Buxton ‏@willbuxton

Confirmation from Merc that the Lewis quotes are accurate, and are a reflection of what is believed to have been said in the meeting.

It's fucking on now, chaps!

Again, "are a reflection" isn't the same as "this is what Nico said". It's just a convenient way of throwing Nico under the bus. And whatever our opinions on the incident, surely we can all agree that that's incredibly unprofessional and shameful. A top F1 team should not be treating one of its drivers like this

Now you see, that's the thing. Obviously we don't know exactly what else went on at Merc already, but the team management already "had to slap Nico on the wrists" - quote from Toto Wolff. Which means that Nico must have done more wrong than Lewis already. Then, Nico deliberately risks a collision, which costs Merc a definite 1-2, lots of points, recognition. And yet, here on this forum people say that Lewis is at fault, stirring up shit in the media and stuff. That's just a witch hunt against Hamilton here

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115551

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:22 pm 

Justin Time wrote:
Now you see, that's the thing. Obviously we don't know exactly what else went on at Merc already, but the team management already "had to slap Nico on the wrists" - quote from Toto Wolff. Which means that Nico must have done more wrong than Lewis already. Then, Nico deliberately risks a collision, which costs Merc a definite 1-2, lots of points, recognition. And yet, here on this forum people say that Lewis is at fault, stirring up shit in the media and stuff. That's just a witch hunt against Hamilton here

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115551

There's no witch hunt here. I like Lewis, probably more so than Nico, but he does have a tendency to drive like a dick on occasions

It doesn't matter whose fault it was - publicly throwing your own driver under the bus is unprofessional. There's no question about that. Red Bull partially did it at Istanbul in 2010 and I think they probably regretted it later on. It cannot end well - airing your dirty laundry in public is just asking for more trouble. Internal disciplinary procedures should be carried out behind closed doors, and if your driver is spouting off in public about how he hates the other driver, you do not support him in that

Already Rosberg's almost certainly gone from Mercedes at the end of this season. That new contract means nothing when the team are clearly now siding against him

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:27 pm 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Everything Lewis says sounds like a 2 year old screaming in a quiet restaurant to me..so I dont know...I feel like he's just trying to throw Nico under the bus to the media, did Nico want to make it tough for Lewis..yea, did he seriously want to wreck him and what easily could have been himself..I doubt it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Mercedes Formula 1 team boss Toto Wolff believes Nico Rosberg's comments about his Belgian Grand Prix collision with Lewis Hamilton have been misconstrued.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115558

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:42 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Hank Hill wrote:
Everything Lewis says sounds like a 2 year old screaming in a quiet restaurant to me..so I dont know...I feel like he's just trying to throw Nico under the bus to the media, did Nico want to make it tough for Lewis..yea, did he seriously want to wreck him and what easily could have been himself..I doubt it.

Q.e.d.

Did you listen to his post-race interviews for the last few races?

James B wrote:
It doesn't matter whose fault it was - publicly throwing your own driver under the bus is unprofessional. There's no question about that. Red Bull partially did it at Istanbul in 2010 and I think they probably regretted it later on. It cannot end well - airing your dirty laundry in public is just asking for more trouble. Internal disciplinary procedures should be carried out behind closed doors, and if your driver is spouting off in public about how he hates the other driver, you do not support him in that

Already Rosberg's almost certainly gone from Mercedes at the end of this season. That new contract means nothing when the team are clearly now siding against him

I think there is not really another way of dealing with it when half a billion people watch something you're doing on sunday afternoon. After all, they just display the information behind the incident. Me, personally, I'm interested in the truth. And if you selfishly deliberately accept to fuck up another person's race "to make a point", then at least stand by your action and don't go all "yeah, what happened wasn't good for the team and I have to watch the TV footage to see what happened" on the media. I'm glad the truth is out, that he did risk the collision on purpose. So everyone can be informed and make their own decisions about his actions and whether they were justified or not. I'm all for transparency, standing by your mistakes and forgiveness.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:44 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Lewis has had 4 team mates in F1. He's had serious issues with 3 of them. That's..interesting in the least.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:45 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Everything that goes outside of the team,to media any everyone else,is inprofessional by Lewis. He is frustrated,done everything right until then in the race,and is hit and had to cruise around P15 whole race. It's frustrating and dissapointing.

Rosberg seems to be afraid of Lewis,somehow he has more luck but in clean races Lewis mostly had the upper hand. Starting with Monaco,Hungary and now this,Nico seems to be more hot blooded then we all thought,and not just hot blooded but cheeky and has some tricks.

If Mercedes said that they will have to do something,I'm sure this is not the first thing Nico did wrong,he is using every way to get his World Championship,he knows he maybe won't have another chance and another car like this year's Merc.

One more thing,with those comment Lewis started a period where one of the drivers MUST take blame. Either Rosberg telling those arrogant comment about keeping the nose in,or Lewis for making stories up.

Last edited by DinoMarko93 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah there's a difference between deliberately ramming someone off the road and simply standing your ground to prove a point, the point being hey you've spent the entire season shutting the door on me and it's been me who's avoided the collision, not doing that this time.

We also don't know whether Nico has warned Lewis about this before, said something like you pull that stunt again (Hungary) and I won't lift next time.

Every time something Lewis does backfires on him he takes this stance, throwing others under the buss in order to deflect the attention away from himself, if I were Mercedes I wouldn't be quick to stand alongside Lewis over this, especially with his history of manipulating the press and teams to his favour.

I'm not saying the collision was 100% Lewis's fault, it's clear Nico stuck his nose in there this time and decided long before doing it if Lewis closed the door he wasn't lifting, but the Team's conduct is wrong, you don't throw your own driver under the buss so quickly, just jeep your mouth shut and don't give the gutter press anymore rope with which to hang you with, I can imagine the headlines in The red tops tomorrow....

Last edited by Ian-S on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 3335 Next