TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 2935 Next

Will these incredibly twitchy V6 machines be able to take Eau Rouge flat out?
Poll ended at Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:12 am
Yes 45%  45%  [ 22 ]
No 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Someone will try and end up in Malmédy 45%  45%  [ 22 ]
Total votes: 49
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:56 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hamilton IS a sore loser. Such a talent as a racer, but when is he getting his attidude on to the same level as her talent is?
Unaccetable that Lauda and Wolff are blaming Rosberg. Racing is racing.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
I don't remember Mansell fans ever being that classless though. Even though there was hatred towards Senna, there was still respectful appreciation towards Mansell's competition and never any booing or such like.

Yeah, hence me inventing 'Mansell-Lite' - the same obsessive following, but without the polite sportsmanship. I can't say I ever noticed it before Lewis.

nascarf1indycar wrote:
I do like Hulkenberg, and HH Frentzen before, I just dont like mmmm certain type of behavior drivers, that just happends to be from that country, :)

"I'm not [$prejudice], some of my best friends are [$target group]"

Last edited by gkmotorsport on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
alex1369 wrote:
Mags is crazy, im sure he will get a penalty. Putting someone on the grass at high speed and then moving all over the place is unacceptable!

Agreed, he really crossed the line at times.

I thought that it was the drivers around him that crossed the lines, because ye know, he pushed them over there... ;)

German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Fox wrote:
James B wrote:
So the official Mercedes line is that Rosberg is in the wrong because he tried to overtake. Because how dare he try and pass another driver in a race

Not really.

Lauda said that it would be ok when it would be the last lap or so.But not on the 2nd lap of a race

But I don't understand how that makes any difference. It's a motor race. Rosberg had to make a move at that point, otherwise Lewis could easily have driven off into the distance

Pretty sure if it was Lewis attacking Rosberg on the second lap people would have no problem with that

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

To be honest I don't really think either driver deserves to be slammed or anything.

It was a pure racing incident, Nico saw an opportunity to pass Lewis & he went for it & it didn't pay off. Its called racing & sometimes in racing stuff like that will happen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:58 pm 

NextDimensional- wrote:
Hamilton IS a sore loser. Such a talent as a racer, but when is he getting his attidude on to the same level as her talent is?
Unaccetable that Lauda and Wolff are blaming Rosberg. Racing is racing.

yea mate, next time I am on pole and get a crappy start and u get a great start getting the lead, imma just ram your tire and put you out of the race, racing is racing. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StefMeister wrote:
To be honest I don't really think either driver deserves to be slammed or anything.

It was a pure racing incident, Nico saw an opportunity to pass Lewis & he went for it & it didn't pay off. Its called racing & sometimes in racing stuff like that will happen.

This. This is why there was no investigation, this is why the booing was over-the-top, and this is why Niki needs to calm the fuck down.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StefMeister wrote:

This

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StefMeister wrote:

Rosberg was nowhere near Hamilton there and he didn't back off enough. He even turned into him at the very end. 100% Rosberg's fault after seeing the accident multiple times now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:01 pm 

American Dragon wrote:
StefMeister wrote:

Rosberg was nowhere near Hamilton there and he didn't back off enough. He even turned into him at the very end. 100% Rosberg's fault after seeing the accident multiple times now.

THANK YOU, and I see where you are from, so great to see a real opinion

Last edited by nascarf1indycar on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

StefMeister wrote:

I totally agree with that.

Magnussen made a brilliant defensive move at first on Alonso though. Alonso raised his hand to complain about a perfectly clean move, and I think that pissed Magnussen off. Reckless or not, he just defended against 3 world champions, and only had to let one through, who was on much better tyres.

Also, regarding the Hamilton/Rosberg incident: It was a race situation. Rosberg did initiate the situation, sure, but Hamilton was to blame for the collision. I mean, Rosberg had the run on Lewis there, didn't he? Lewis defended his position, that's fine, and Rosberg was alongside entering the corner. Instead of pushing for the overtake, he let up and allowed Hamilton to keep his position. But instead of holding his line, Hamilton came across too early and crashed into Nico's front wing. It's not like Nico had anywhere to go, he was already giving Lewis all of the room he could and then some. If you have a car alongside, letting up or not, you can't claim all of the track to yourself. It's simple, two objects cannot occupy the same space simultaneously.

Just my two cents.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

nascarf1indycar wrote:
American Dragon wrote:
StefMeister wrote:

THANK YOU, and I see where you are from.... greets my friend.

I don't see him accusing Nico of deliberately driving into Lewis, though...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:06 pm 

gkmotorsport wrote:
I don't see him accusing Nico of deliberately driving into Lewis, though...

really?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ye, it wasn't deliberate, that's for sure. Rosberg took a huge and unnecessary gamble and in the process ruined Hamilton's race.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:08 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

70/30 Rosbergs fault. Yeah sure Lewis was entitled to take the racing line. But he also had the ability to avoid an accident. On lap 1, things are more tense and less predictable, and you don't tend to turn over cars that normally would move. Rosberg caused it. Lewis had the ability to avoid it, but as always is the case with Lewis, he wasn't smart enough to do it. Then as usual, he managed the situation in his huffy childish manner. Drove back to the pits too quickly and destroyed the car, and then spent 20 laps moaning he should park, until the team finally agreed. "Fiiiine. If it'll get you to stop moaning then do it". Managing Lewis is like parenting a difficult child.

Why did Ferrari get basically no penalty for what is quite a series offence? That should've been a stop and go for 10, not a 5 sec addition. Safety of people is not something you fuck around with, and Ferrari fell foul to it. Meanwhile, Alonso was throwing his arms around and crying about any driver who had the audacity to actually race him. How dare they race such a fighter and amazing driver!

Vettel. Stay on the god damn track.

Kimi, where are you every weekend? I love when Kimi has weekends like this, but I'd put money on he'll be crap for the rest of the year now.

Magnussen, Button, Riciardo, Bottas. Awesome. loved it. Mag was maybe a little rough, but given he was fighting world champions who cry far too much then maybe he's what he needed to do to show he won't be messed with. Even when he drove completely fine, Fernando was throwing a hissy fit. So I guess he's shown he isn't a push over.

American Dragon wrote:
Ye, it wasn't deliberate, that's for sure. Rosberg took a big gamble and in the process ruined Hamilton's race.

and his race too.... after wrecking Lewis, he had to pit because he damaged too much his front wing, at the end that was 7 pts and the win.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Rosberg was everything but alongside Lewis, He wasnt even next the half of his car!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:10 pm 

ellis wrote:

Magnussen, Button, Riciardo, Bottas. Awesome. loved it. Mag was maybe a little rough, but given he was fighting world champions who cry far too much then maybe he's what he needed to do to show he won't be messed with. Even when he drove completely fine, Fernando was throwing a hissy fit. So I guess he's shown he isn't a push over.

Magnussen put Alonso on the grass.... I don't like Alonso, but I think a penalty for Magnussen is ok, you just dont ram people of the track.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:11 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Magnussen on Alonso was just as bad as Schumacher on Barrichello.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 2935 Next