TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1622 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:04 am 

Tommy Vercetti wrote:

Go Dave Moody! The MsM has made me so sick with their shoddy reporting on this

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:21 am 

Chris A wrote:
Did you listen to the clip?! He was pretty much doing the exact opposite of what you said.
Between ads promoting his show on Sirius - and using his best Alex Jones vocal intonation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:49 am 

EIB Fan wrote:
Tommy Vercetti wrote:

It really has been horrible. The non-Nascar media seems to be having a field day with this and trying to make Stewart look like a murderer. They are giving people opinions before they even know who Tony Stewart and Kevin Ward Jr. are. Whatever the circumstances are, someone lost their life. If the driver in front of Stewart hit him, this story would not make it anywhere past the local paper (other than racing media). But because Tony Stewart was involved, he is a murderer and should be charged with reckless homicide, or even first degree murder according to the headlines. A lot of the people who do not follow Nascar at work came up to me saying, "Did you hear Tony Stewart killed a guy? He should be drawn and quartered." Of course they saw the video and that is as much racing as they have seen all year thinking it's a Sprint Cup race and say that they could tell his intent to hit the pedestrian on the track because he hit him the lap before.

The last that I have heard, the police do not even have enough information to form an opinion. How can the media or Joe Blow who's only exposure to racing is when a catastrophe makes CNN be able to form such strong opinions on what happened? But of course, they all do.

I'm kind of rambling a bit, but basically, the media sucks for cashing in on darkness like this and exploiting when famous people are involved, regardless of circumstances, good or bad. And society sucks for believing it without all of the facts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

lre4973 wrote:
EIB Fan wrote:
Tommy Vercetti wrote:

It really has been horrible. The non-Nascar media seems to be having a field day with this and trying to make Stewart look like a murderer. They are giving people opinions before they even know who Tony Stewart and Kevin Ward Jr. are. Whatever the circumstances are, someone lost their life. If the driver in front of Stewart hit him, this story would not make it anywhere past the local paper (other than racing media). But because Tony Stewart was involved, he is a murderer and should be charged with reckless homicide, or even first degree murder according to the headlines. A lot of the people who do not follow Nascar at work came up to me saying, "Did you hear Tony Stewart killed a guy? He should be drawn and quartered." Of course they saw the video and that is as much racing as they have seen all year thinking it's a Sprint Cup race and say that they could tell his intent to hit the pedestrian on the track because he hit him the lap before.

The last that I have heard, the police do not even have enough information to form an opinion. How can the media or Joe Blow who's only exposure to racing is when a catastrophe makes CNN be able to form such strong opinions on what happened? But of course, they all do.

I'm kind of rambling a bit, but basically, the media sucks for cashing in on darkness like this and exploiting when famous people are involved, regardless of circumstances, good or bad. And society sucks for believing it without all of the facts.

I saw a report on extra, fucking EXTRA, and it was asinine. If it was the driver in front of or behind Stewart, we would have heard of it in passing. Yet, because it's a star, the fucking vultures swoop in. It's sickening.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:06 pm 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

Hotdogger wrote:

Surely that's a bit exaggerated? I do get the point that's being put across, but visibility according to that photo is actually nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I work on a tech support line for retail stores in my area, and I spoke with someone I had never spoken to before last night. During silent breaks, I usually make chit-chat about whatever, and last night I said "You're at work, you must not have heard that Robin Williams committed suicide". She was initially in shock, and she said "That's terrible! I've been checking the internet lately for updates on the Tony Stewart situation!"

Normally, meeting someone you kinda-sorta work with that shares an interest in NASCAR is a great thing, and you can go on and talk about it for a while. Last night, though, I just decided I'd rather not chit-chat at all about anything.

This whole Stewart ordeal is just so damn sad for Tony (and the Ward family, obviously), and sad for the sport. :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

lre4973 wrote:
I'm kind of rambling a bit, but basically, the media sucks...

Pretty much sums it all up right there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I know there's a lot of times I disagree with the Motorsports media and how they like to conduct themselves... but they have handled this with absolute professionalism. It's absolutely disgusting to see the national media make Tony Stewart out to be a real life villan. Absolutely disgusting. Not one of them are sticking to the facts. Time and time again, it has been stated that Tony will not be charged with any criminal activity (though a civil lawsuit I'm sure is coming from the family), yet they keep bringing in their "official criminal lawyers" to discuss what he's facing. Fuck off you piles of shit! I went on a football message board and there was a thread litterally titled "Tony Stewart is a Murderer"... What the fuck!? And ESPN, how fuckin' disgusting to keep showing a video clip that shows a young mans life ending over and over and over again. I don't think people grasp the fact that in that video clip a life is lost. This isn't Kevin Ware or Paul George breaking their leg, this is a kid being taken from this world. This is showing the instant in which a families lives are being shattered forever. When a local racing community is left in a trail of negative pieces. Place blame where you will but quit losing sight of what really happened. I am so sickened by these "experts". Fuck off!

/rantover

Last edited by ChrisTRD on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

A lot of tracks are now implementing "stay in the car" rules. Ball's in your court, Bowman Gray.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yay more pit fights!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah like the guy that got dragged and flung into a guardrail there last year…

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dr dog wrote:
A lot of tracks are now implementing "stay in the car" rules. Ball's in your court, Bowman Gray.

Saw the Brewerton and Fulton tracks all ready have theirs up. Stay in your car until safety crew arrives. Get out of car before that, immediate red flag of race with further punishment coming up to and including being kicked out for an indeterminate number of weeks.

Really, rules of that sort should have been in place all ready, although common sense should also take some measure. First thing I was ever taught was to stay in the car and don't take the belts off until the safety crew gets there... Unless the thing is on fire.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:24 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

That's the policy they should have (despite the fact that it's common sense). The only time a driver can climb out prematurely is when the car is on fire.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:59 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

westracing01 wrote:
dr dog wrote:

Saw the Brewerton and Fulton tracks all ready have theirs up. Stay in your car until safety crew arrives. Get out of car before that, immediate red flag of race with further punishment coming up to and including being kicked out for an indeterminate number of weeks.

Really, rules of that sort should have been in place all ready, although common sense should also take some measure. First thing I was ever taught was to stay in the car and don't take the belts off until the safety crew gets there... Unless the thing is on fire.

This behaviour

Needs to stop!
Action starts on 1.03
On 2.25 imagen what could happen if the cars where running yellow.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:13 pm 

Rules and training can be tough to remember. Those who have had their bell rung and seen little green and black sparkly stars in a daze know the fight or flight instinct kicks in.

What BK says:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/08/12/5101575/brad-keselowski-rules-to-keep.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

westracing01 wrote:
Saw the Brewerton and Fulton tracks all ready have theirs up....

Howie Commander was on the local sports radio show (104.5fm) last evening but I missed it. Hopefully they have it in podcast form so I can hear what he had to say about potential changes at LV or A-S.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll know Thurs night when I'm there for the $17.5K to win Mr. DirtTrack USA.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dr dog wrote:

Kingsport and Lonesome Pine have also implemented this now. Even if Bowman Gray implements it... still doesn't stop this form of retaliation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So, are we not gonna talk about the fact that in the slow motion video, you can see Kevin grab the right wing end plate, put his feet up on the nerf bar, then after a second lose his footing and fall under the rear tire of Tony's car?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1622 Next