TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Apart from that restart battle (so every restart), this is really bad.

I guarantee you, reducing engine power will NOT solve the aero-dependency problem.

Even on the restarts, you miss all the action. 4-wide 4 rows deep in the back? Let's zoom in on Dinny and talk about his fuel mileage instead since it can't wait until the field is spread out.

Just can't believe they run here. Empty stands, shitass racing and prestige that belongs to Indycar but still.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:30 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

The Cup cars can run on the big track just on prestige factor alone. Other than that, yeah, race them on IRP.

Don't get me started about BGN on the big track.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

They should run the trucks here. :tumble: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

To the people who obsess over hating the 400 "for the good of Indy":

they could hold a foot race here and I won't give a shit. just don't compare it with winning the indy 500

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:51 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

OldAsphalt wrote:
To the people who obsess over hating the 400 "for the good of Indy":

they could hold a foot race here and I won't give a shit. just don't compare it with winning the indy 500

You could argue its detrimental to the track because it makes the track look like a boring load of shit.
In reality we all know that is because the stock cars aren't suited to flat(ish) corners, they need banking to really shine and run side by side.

But I get what you mean.

NASCAR can use the track's prestige to hype the event up and as long as the fans fall for that hype and pay for the tickets then they couldn't give less of a shit about how well they're entertained once they're through the gate.
All they hope for is for a couple of people to wreck so they can shove that on next year's promo video and they'll arrange it so there's a late restart so the finish looks close on the news broadcasts and the illusion of NASCAR's close racing is maintained.

The more I read these threads the more I honestly believe we stress over the quality of the on track racing than anyone who takes a salary as a NASCAR employee does.

I'm glad I forgot JPM was in this race otherwise I'd have been tempted to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well considering the crowd size, they don't fall for the hype all that much >.<

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wonder if Brian France is going to have a word with F1 and get hold of their CGI advertising software to add 3D animated spectators to the stands.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep, can so see them doing that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:25 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

NASCAR: the greenest organisation in sports! Now the attendance is so green that they don't even drive to the track, they are teleported there! How about that...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't understand NASCAR logic. It's like they realised the Gen 6 was crap last year (despite all the OMG LOOK AT OUR LEAD PASSES STATS!!!), so they held tests with the aim of improving the on track racing. At the end of it all, I think they added extra downforce and lowered the cars. Racing sucks because the cars have too much downforce, so let's add more of it!

Now they're looking at taking the power away, so you'll have the cars cornering at exactly the same speed, but it'll be even easier to nail the throttle coming off the corner, and even less braking/lifting off required going into the corners. Do we want to see the drivers challenged, or cars glued to the road? Given how much they promote the sport by showing big crashes, you'd think they'd want the cars to be difficult to drive so we have more spins and incidents.

Is it that hard to get rid of the splitter, put a smaller rear wing on, and maybe raise the ride height up? Do you not think fans might be more attracted to a product that has good on track racing? Or will the attendances continue to decline as they come up with the latest stupid artificial ideas? THREE WIDE RESTARTS! POINTS RESET BEFORE THE FINAL RACE! FAN VOTE TO CHOOSE THE LEADER ON THE RESTART!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

hedgey666 wrote:
Wonder if Brian France is going to have a word with F1 and get hold of their CGI advertising software to add 3D animated spectators to the stands.

Pipe in some crowd cheers through the loudspeakers while they're at it.

(Or as wrestling fans call it, the "SmackDown Hair Dryer")

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:27 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I don't understand NASCAR logic. It's like they realised the Gen 6 was crap last year (despite all the OMG LOOK AT OUR LEAD PASSES STATS!!!), so they held tests with the aim of improving the on track racing. At the end of it all, I think they added extra downforce and lowered the cars. Racing sucks because the cars have too much downforce, so let's add more of it!

Now they're looking at taking the power away, so you'll have the cars cornering at exactly the same speed, but it'll be even easier to nail the throttle coming off the corner, and even less braking/lifting off required going into the corners. Do we want to see the drivers challenged, or cars glued to the road? Given how much they promote the sport by showing big crashes, you'd think they'd want the cars to be difficult to drive so we have more spins and incidents.

Is it that hard to get rid of the splitter, put a smaller rear wing on, and maybe raise the ride height up? Do you not think fans might be more attracted to a product that has good on track racing? Or will the attendances continue to decline as they come up with the latest stupid artificial ideas? THREE WIDE RESTARTS! POINTS RESET BEFORE THE FINAL RACE! FAN VOTE TO CHOOSE THE LEADER ON THE RESTART!

The more I think about the "less horsepower, more downforce" thing is maybe they're trying to make every race run around in a pack like Daytona/Talladega. Or at least the cookie cutter tracks.

Other wise I simply will never get their philosophy on it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:03 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:

The more I think about the "less horsepower, more downforce" thing is maybe they're trying to make every race run around in a pack like Daytona/Talladega. Or at least the cookie cutter tracks.

Other wise I simply will never get their philosophy on it.

I don't think they get that Dale Jr. actually hates plate racing nowadays. At least it is there were Danica is the most competitive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, I did wonder if that could potentially happen. Whilst I love watching Daytona and Dega, I'm not sure that I'd want to see it every other week. Although it would be better than the current racing on the 1.5 mile tracks. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Whatever works at Daytona and Talladega will never work at any other high speed oval because they're not as heavily banked. The moment you have to lift for the corner, even a little bit, you break the 'magic' so to speak. So say if max cornering speed at Indy in a stocker is 150 mph, you'd have to make sure top speeds are equal or even less than that, in order to produce Daytona-type racing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If they drop 200HP with the current downforce levels, Charlotte, Texas, Atlanta will be easy flat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Still won't fix the aero push you get when behind someone though.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16