Marussia 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Caterham 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes: 89
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:35 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Omega wrote:
kals wrote:
Farce of the race? That was all those people who spent the entire race polluting the race thread by bitching and moaning about how bad the race was while forgetting their TVs have "off" switches.

the forum also has an off-switch

That doesn't give people the 'right' to ruin the thread for people who want to watch it.

Let's look at it this way. WTCC is pretty crap and not many of us enjoy it. So how about the next time a WTCC race is on, we'll all go into that thread and start posting about other events, thus ruining the thread for the people actually watching it?

Yeah the Spanish GP sucked. Yeah you're 100% entitled to say it. But when it started just being a commentary on other events in a sort of protest, that isn't really acceptable tbh.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:12 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

kals wrote:
Farce of the race? That was all those people who spent the entire race polluting the race thread by bitching and moaning about how bad the race was while forgetting their TVs have "off" switches.

I love you, kals.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
Omega wrote:
kals wrote:

the forum also has an off-switch

That doesn't give people the 'right' to ruin the thread for people who want to watch it.

Let's look at it this way. WTCC is pretty crap and not many of us enjoy it. So how about the next time a WTCC race is on, we'll all go into that thread and start posting about other events, thus ruining the thread for the people actually watching it?

Yeah the Spanish GP sucked. Yeah you're 100% entitled to say it. But when it started just being a commentary on other events in a sort of protest, that isn't really acceptable tbh.

If the historic grand Prix of Monaco would not have been mentioned, I would have missed it, and it was absolutely great to watch those cars going round there, just a sad ending though.

I remember the DTM threads were nothing more but how boring the races were and we all made fun of it.

WTCC is just a series hardly anybody follows. F1 is something that most motorsport fans will watch.

When Chelsea played 0-0 against Atletico de Madrid everyone (well most) were very dissappointed and football forums had pages going on of how boring it was...

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If we don't have the rights to say that a race is boring, just to kill time during a boring race, what is left for us to do then? Yes I can turn off the TV but why should I, I want to see the race. Boring or not. Who are you to tell me I should do something else. Yes I can turn of the forum and don't moan (as a matter of fact, I for example, didn't moan) but I wanted to kill some time, read stupid things and post stupid things. For my enjoyment. Still a lot more usefull than 10 man posting "Vettel pits" or "crash". People who are following the race are seeing that too, no need to mention it extra. I don't come here for good discussions anymore, just for some fun. The pics that I take are worse than what is posted, my pure deep knowledge is less, my English is not always good enough to express what I want to say, and most off all, the number of fucks given is very low. I just come here to kill time. And I'd hate it if someone would say that I am not allowed to do that.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:35 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Since kals didn't reply, I assume that's aimed at me.

I never said people couldn't complain. However I did take objection to people purposely diverting the topic to other events. If you want to go talk about the Monaco Historic GP, then go make a thread - awesome. Taking over the thread and making sure nobody else can enjoy the the thread, well that's just dickish.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was unable to answer as I was on a flight.

Omega, I've posted it twice already but you're insistent on ignoring my point. It's like both Ellis and I've said... No-one is denying people an opinion, but it shouldn't be the only thing that's posted over and over again. It is akin to basic trolling.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So how many times are people allowed to complain before they reach this arbitrary limit? Posting an opinion isn't trolling. Surely by this logic there should also be a limit on positive opinions...?

People here want to like F1, hence why they still post about it. I wouldn't worry, because if F1 keeps going down the road it's on then there won't be any negative posts - there won't be any posts at all. Much like WTCC/DTM threads. But I'm not sure that's a good thing for F1.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:17 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Schumifan wrote:
Posting an opinion isn't trolling.

Posting about what is currently happening in an unrelated race is not an opinion. It's not even complaining. It's irritating...

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's not about how many times but whether you're contributing any other than the negative comments. For some people in 2014 F1 threads all we've seen contributed is

"Boooooorrrrrriinnnggg"

"Nothing is happening"

And so on

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

StanV wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
Posting an opinion isn't trolling.

Posting about what is currently happening in an unrelated race is not an opinion. It's not even complaining. It's irritating...

That's fair enough. I wasn't really commenting on that, I was replying to kals rather than ellis :beard:

(although I admit it can be fun when everyone's on board, ie. the Fontana Oscar thread from years ago...)

kals wrote:
It's not about how many times but whether you're contributing any other than the negative comments. For some people in 2014 F1 threads all we've seen contributed is

"Boooooorrrrrriinnnggg"

"Nothing is happening"

And so on

Also fair enough. Hence why I tried to justify my complaining towards the end of the race (not sure if you saw that post)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:
Also fair enough. Hence why I tried to justify my complaining towards the end of the race (not sure if you saw that post)

I didn't see that post but then again there wasn't anything about your posts that required justifying (for anyone). You and I engage on a similar level, I always enjoy your posts and the conversations we have.