TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous 154 55 56 57 58 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The battle was exciting, but it gave me shivers to see the drivers going all the way down to the inside to defend at the exit of 4. I've never seen this here as consistently as today. They are literally inches from certain death with that pitwall, and all it would take is a small misunderstanding or a slight touch during a blocking move. :o

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:11 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

pending wrote:
A bit late, but, regarding the Hinch\Ed incident, while Hinch was optimistic, look at the replay from Helio's on board, it seemed Ed was already loose when Hinch hit touched him, so I wouldn't blame that entirely in him...

I tried to give Ed a chance today, not hold my prejudices of the past against him and start anew with my views on him.
But he proved himself to be the entitled douche he really is when he said he would give Hinch another concussion....
I think he paniced being 3 abreast yet still expected everyone else but him to back out of it...

Jerk walks around like he owns the place.
No Ed, you only PARTLY own the place :p

Anyway, great, great, race. Made even better by a popular winner, would've lost a couple of points with me if "Dancing with the stars, but waltzing away from the Taxman" Twinkletoes had won.

Was a little bit calm in the early going, thankfully the first yellow came out to liven things up just when they were hitting a lull.
From that point on the race was all wham.

Gutted for JPM more than anything though, what is it about this place that likes to screw him out of done deals?

Considering he lost the 2003 championship to a contentious *cough* Rubens fault *cough* driver through penalty and the BS call that led to him losing the Brickyard 400, perhaps its time to stop talking about this "Andretti curse" (Marco's time will come ;) ) and notice some other drivers who might be suffering curses at this place.

You know, if you believe in that shit.

Anyway, great race, 9/10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Your mind is a weird and wonderful thing Codename. Here you are, complaining about Special Ed and his supposed self entitlement and yet whenever anyone says anything against the Chilton's (for the same reasoning... cheque book racing, etc...) you jump to their defence citing nepotism, we would all like to have their advantages, etc... Double standards me thinks.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:44 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I dunno my hilarious joke on the podcast today was "Great work by team Marussia, great for Bianchi to bring the car home in 9th, great effort. And Chilton. He was in the race too."

I don't think they're some underrated talent I just said people's constant mentioning of them was OTT

And you can't say that about me and Ed cos I'm pretty much the only person banging this Carpenter drum, it seems :p

As we all know I never really liked him because: Reasons. But what really pushed me over the edge was his crass comments after the first DW12 superspeedway race when the entire fan community, still nervous after Dan's tragic accident, were breathing a sigh of relief that the new car wouldn't pack race like the old (while the race itself was still pretty good as a contest) he started moaning and apologising for "boring" the fans. :roll:

Anyway, this shouldn't detract from such a great race that he did his best to take himself out of contention of anyway, only for a lucky yellow to bring him back amongst it.

Was a feelgood day all round tbh.
I hope the ratings also reflect this, hoping this starts more of a buzz around Indy for the casual US racing fan.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Apparently they discount the red flag time, but that was the 2nd fastest 500 ever, by 45 seconds. 186.563.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:56 am 
Head Muppet

This was an insane weekend. Glad I got to meet Wil at the track, and Chin's dad is a hoot.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:54 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Here's a clip highlights without the days of our wives.
Full screen finnish

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Anybody knows a good site with high quality pictures of indy 500?
Specially Montoya

thx

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Late to the party here, but this, like last year, was what an old Hanford device Indy 500 would've looked like. And I'm just fine with that. The aero package is good, the racing was excellent, and Ryan's balls out go to the grass on the entry of the warmup lane in 3 pass for the lead (while not the final pass) was about brave a move as it gets at the speedway. Tremendous racing the last 6 laps after the red, which was a good move on the speedway's part to the annoyance of Andretti. However, seeing as how they had to fix the barrier, that red was justified, and we got a real finish out of it.

Great race all around. On to Pocono for the 2nd 500 miler and round 2 of the Triple Crown. Can't wait for that race. Top row of the grandstand here I come!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:25 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It is a good sign that the race is on the up though, and with the rumours of more horsepower and the apron returning on the way, things can only get better :)

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:26 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

I heard there was an significant increase in TV ratings. Where can I find those?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd like to see those too.

alex1369 wrote:
Anybody knows a good site with high quality pictures of indy 500?
Specially Montoya

thx

Motorsport.com me thinks

codename_47 wrote:
It is a good sign that the race is on the up though, and with the rumours of more horsepower and the apron returning on the way, things can only get better :)

More horsepower rumour? Nice.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The only thing I have noticed with this package is that you really need to be one of the top 2 cars at the end. Even when Helio and Ryan were trading places and losing momentum, the cars 3rd on back just couldn't get themselves involved in the battle.

Not really a complaint though. I thought it was a fantastic race.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If the only complaint about a package is that there weren't more cars involved in the fantastic last laps battle for the win, I'll take it.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:50 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

dicksplaash wrote:
I heard there was an significant increase in TV ratings. Where can I find those?

Quote:
national overnight rating of 4.0 for its telecast, up from 3.8 last year.

http://www.racer.com/indy-500-abc-espn- ... t-for-race

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:

Apron as in the inside flat lane? I didn't like it. It looked messy, drivers would go past the white line sometimes, sometimes not, it doesn't look nearly as good as the current layout with a clean inside line bound by the grass.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kurt Busch was officially rewarded with Rookie of the Race, and it's got people on Twitter - you know, the people with the keyboards who type things like "I SHOULD KNOW, I OBSERVE THESE THINGS A LOT" - all in a huff. Now even Sage Karam's getting in on it, retweeting people questioning their call to give Kurt the nod over him.

First ever open-wheel race (6th) vs. first ever IndyCar Series race (9th). The choice seems pretty damn obvious to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pretty pathetic that Karam's getting involved. He should let his driving do the talking.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Isn't Rookie of the Race NOT a subjective thing? I though it always automatically went to the highest finishing rookie. Kurt finished ahead of Sage. Simple as that.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dr dog wrote:
Isn't Rookie of the Race NOT a subjective thing? I though it always automatically went to the highest finishing rookie. Kurt finished ahead of Sage. Simple as that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous 154 55 56 57 58 Next