PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:57 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree(d). :thumbsup:

Mika Kimi wrote:
Perhaps '86 as well.

Post subject: Re: The Sequel to Rush
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:03 pm 

I think 2013 would be great to see. We'll follow the champion Vettel on his quest to become world champion again. We'll see all the amazing things he did during that season. This time you get to see the story behind the scenes. So we'll see him do debriefings, visit sponsor events and talk to the press. One of the best scenes will be when he questions himself if he can do it again and then gets into the simulator and finds out he's still got it. Then they do this quick montage where you see him win from Spa on onwards. And it ends with a thrilling scene where he thanks everybody of the team at the end of the year gala.

Oh and there will be a big argument too between him and his engineer about which setup to get on the car. The engineer will show him the data and Vettel says his gut feeling is the other setup and in the end he is right.

Man I can't wait to see this story be told.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

HRC wrote:
I think 2013 would be great to see. We'll follow the champion Vettel on his quest to become world champion again. We'll see all the amazing things he did during that season. This time you get to see the story behind the scenes. So we'll see him do debriefings, visit sponsor events and talk to the press. One of the best scenes will be when he questions himself if he can do it again and then gets into the simulator and finds out he's still got it. Then they do this quick montage where you see him win from Spa on onwards. And it ends with a thrilling scene where he thanks everybody of the team at the end of the year gala.

Oh and there will be a big argument too between him and his engineer about which setup to get on the car. The engineer will show him the data and Vettel says his gut feeling is the other setup and in the end he is right.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:14 pm 
The most anticipated member

HRC wrote:

Hahahahahaha......is that a joke? 2013 for a Rush sequel? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:19 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Philthy82 wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
'94 and '08 would make for good stories, but then anything with Mansell in it would contain the required amount of drama too.

Quote:
Rush 2: Tache and Burn

The story of a plucky Brummie, his moustache, and the dangers of modern motorsport. Thrill at his explosive career!

* His BRUSH WITH DEATH after pushing an F1 car in a hot country
* His BRUSH WITH DEATH after a commentator pokes a bump on his head
* His BRUSH WITH DEATH after cutting his finger on a sharp trophy
* His BRUSH WITH DEATH after not quite fitting in his car

Bonus features (coming to Blu-Ray):

* His touring car BRUSH WITH DEATH (The part of DEATH is played by Tiff Needell)

Seriously, anything involving Mansell can be made dramatic.

Still the best idea in this thread.

His BRUSH WITH DEATH when a fool runs across the course in front of his car. A RAVING LUNATIC!
Maybe he'll hit him or maybe he'll catch raving lunacy from the fool as he runs across the course.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There was talk a few years ago of making a movie about Bruce McLaren, but seems to have been quiet for a while

http://www.thebrucemclarenmovie.com/

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:05 am 

J.Morelli wrote:
HRC wrote:

Hahahahahaha......is that a joke? 2013 for a Rush sequel? :lol:

Of course it was a joke. If I would have been serious I would have said 2014. With all the rule changes and the drama leading up to the season opener it will be the perfect sequel.

Imagine the trailer starting with IN A WORLD WHERE RULES HAVE BEEN THE SAME FOR AGES! Quickly showing a montage of Vettel winning over and over again. THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE!!! You see Daniel Brühl as an older Niki Lauda enter the Mercedes GP HQ: I HAVE GOT ZIE NEW RULES, LET'S GO ZOO WORK!

Then some quick shots of all the drama preseason. Imagine the scene out of Der Untergang with Hitler. All the staf is standing around Adrian Newey. One of the guys approaches Newey: "Sir I am afraid we have to put a penis shape on the front of the car, the new rules say so". NEIN NEIN NEIN this can't be happening, Adrian replies. Another shot of Hamilton having a serious conversation on a boat with Raikkonen, they are surrounded by naked bitches and rappers.

Lewis: The new rules are too radical Kimi, if they don't change them none of the cars will finish at Albert Park. That ain't good DAWG, I am tellin' ya man it gonna be a disaster.
Kimi: Inaudible...
Lewis: Really Kimi YOLO? You are out of your mind too then SWAG.

The last shot is from the Sauber HQ where Sutil is practicing his bar fight skills in the gym when this engineer runs into the room. Adrian you need to loose 20KG or else we can't make the start in Australia, the car is too heavy for these crazy rules. Sutil throws a bottle of champagne towards the guy and tells him: "YOU BETTER MAKE ZIE CAR LIGHTER OR I WIEL KILL U!

Then the big drop comes and the screen flickers and we actually see Melbourne and we see 20 or 22 or how many cars they got these days. And the lights go out and then...

barely any noise coz of those stupid engines and apart from one or two drivers having to park the car due to technical problems it is still the same shit as it ever was with not much happening and some boring races and boring characters in the cars and then it fades to black and the title of the movie appears

Rush 2014
Subtitle: Another boring year of F1 racing but now with almost no engine sounds but this time we will not only bother you with ASNGADA (stands for artificial shit nobody gives a damn about) DRS, KERS but also FFRPL (fuel flow rate per lap).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:41 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Obviously there would be mass of CGI used in production unless they can use contemporary tracks.
But if CGI one day gets hyper-realistic (computer effects in Rush weren't believable), I'd like to see a film taken place in the 1950's. Due to lack of full race coverage there are only snippets about this great era in various documentaries, some of which that have overdubbed sound effects and usually quality far from High Definition. A proper film would give this forgotten era the appreciation it deserves.

Although Fangio would be a nice lead character, his domination was quite dull. In terms of championship fight and drama 1958 would probably be the best year. It saw a duel between Hawthorn and Moss and 4 drivers got killed. Instead of using Brands Hatch or other look-alike tracks, a state-of-the-art computer generated Spa, Zandvoort, Monza or Maroccan Grand Prix would look fabulous. But I mean it has to look totally real, not fake or video gameish. Probably have to wait for another 20 years until CGI is good enough for the movie.

Also I wish more of a Grand Prix (1966) style of pace, in which there are long onboard and driving scenes without unnecessary cuts. Instead of "screechs", "wrooms", "zooms" and "bangs" I prefer calm and artistic-style directing. Slow-paced atmosphere of the 50's should be depicted correctly and if there will be 15 minutes scene about 5 o'clock tea, then so be it. And bring back overture and intermission. You know it's a spectacle when movie has an overture.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:40 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Follow some random fans to see a 2014 race with the dominance of Mercedes, and see how the fans will fall in sleep during the race.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hurr hurr hurr :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:03 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

JJ wrote:
Obviously there would be mass of CGI used in production unless they can use contemporary tracks.
But if CGI one day gets hyper-realistic (computer effects in Rush weren't believable), I'd like to see a film taken place in the 1950's. Due to lack of full race coverage there are only snippets about this great era in various documentaries, some of which that have overdubbed sound effects and usually quality far from High Definition. A proper film would give this forgotten era the appreciation it deserves.

Although Fangio would be a nice lead character, his domination was quite dull. In terms of championship fight and drama 1958 would probably be the best year. It saw a duel between Hawthorn and Moss and 4 drivers got killed. Instead of using Brands Hatch or other look-alike tracks, a state-of-the-art computer generated Spa, Zandvoort, Monza or Maroccan Grand Prix would look fabulous. But I mean it has to look totally real, not fake or video gameish. Probably have to wait for another 20 years until CGI is good enough for the movie.

Also I wish more of a Grand Prix (1966) style of pace, in which there are long onboard and driving scenes without unnecessary cuts. Instead of "screechs", "wrooms", "zooms" and "bangs" I prefer calm and artistic-style directing. Slow-paced atmosphere of the 50's should be depicted correctly and if there will be 15 minutes scene about 5 o'clock tea, then so be it. And bring back overture and intermission. You know it's a spectacle when movie has an overture.

So basically you want an art house film with a massive CGI-budget? :p The CGI shouldn't be a problem, even these days. Just look at TRON: Legacy/Oblivion or even the way America in the 20's is made in Boardwalk Empire (http://vimeo.com/34678075). Rush was on a seriously tight budget so they couldn't do a lot in terms of computer effects.