TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1090 posts ]  Go to page Previous 147 48 49 50 5155 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Red Bull come out swinging.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112968

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:22 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Love to see RBR struggling with some adversity. Should make for a much better season!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

As Adam Cooper pointed out, don't be surprised to find another team had the same issue as RB and took a performance hit instead.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:52 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Reaction of Ricciardo when he rises this morning

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:59 pm 
This place is Purile and Childish
This place is Purile and Childish

It seems to me that the penalty itself is fair, but the rule behind it is a little bit stupid and goes against the spirit of the sport. I don't mind giving teams a set amount of fuel to work with, but then it should be up to them and the driver to make do. Driver is under constant pressure or has an opportunity to overtake? Go faster and use more fuel at the risk of losing later. That's alright. But imposing a fixed number and then penalizing the driver because his team would not listen kind of ruins the party for everybody involved.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
maybe freezing the fuel might help... oh that's illegal too

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:46 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Now the buzz has worn off:

OK so the race was eventful. In places.

But compare this year to the majority of last season: Domination by a German driver, followed home by an Australian....

Compare the amount of on track overtaking?
It's less isn't it?

It's still early days, growing pains etc.
There's still a lot to like for 2014, particularly how much of a handful these cars are again
(And for the first time in a while it felt like there was a huge disparity in the ability of drivers to get the power down at the start which will hopefully lead to at least some early lap crazyness.)
There was also a lot of variation in car strengths

But the more the sheen of newness wears off the season the more I worry we'll spend the year arguing about saving fuel and reliability rather than anyone being able to do any proper racing.
And as soon as we get the things reliable and good looking again (prob 2015), Red Bull showed enough speed to prove that they'll be right back at the front to dominate again.
So enjoy this "crazy" season while you can, I guess. It's not so much as a brave new world as a temporary blip.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:12 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

Rubmifer wrote:
BUT RAI PER

Thanks to me you made it to WTF1 :p https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 664&type=1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:48 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

codename_47 wrote:
But the more the sheen of newness wears off the season the more I worry we'll spend the year arguing about saving fuel and reliability rather than anyone being able to do any proper racing.
And as soon as we get the things reliable and good looking again (prob 2015), Red Bull showed enough speed to prove that they'll be right back at the front to dominate again.
So enjoy this "crazy" season while you can, I guess. It's not so much as a brave new world as a temporary blip.

This is what I fear, based on what I saw today.

Some bits reminds me of Indycar 2012 season, lots of craziness at first, but once the teams figured it out (and Lotus left), the game evened out and big teams got themselves in front. Remember Pocono 400 from last year? That's what fuel saving does to racing. Not saying it was the worst race ever, but it did not have awful lot of on track action due strategies the teams had.

What I fear is that even more than today, the races will be dictated by teams playing with fuel strategy, lurking behind the leading car and using DRS to improve fuel economy. Today's race was saved by aborted start and the safety car period. Without those, it could have been even worse. I couldn't tell when drivers were racing for position or just following the car in front and save fuel instead.

Had Hamilton and Massa not retired, we might have seen Mercedes powered cars taking top8. I think that will happen in some uneventful race this year.

Maybe I see the glass half empty, but the signs are alarming to me. I said it before Ricciardo's DQ and I say it again: the worst part of the rules is the fuel flow limit. That and low fuel capacity will ruin the racing and the whole idea behind more economical engines will be turn against itself.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Do the naysayers not remember 2005? The opening round that year saw some significant sporting regulation changes which meant everyone went into Australia unsure how the single tyre set and engine regs would work. The first round was awful as a result. No-one really did anything and even Martin Brundle commented during the race that the drivers should at least try racing. Well after that one poor race we were treated to some fantastic races. This year's race was miles better than 2005 and we know there is more to come. Let's not write off the year based on one race, nor ignore the fact there was a decent amount of action for a formula having gone through big technical reg changes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah but the past was always better. The future sucks. No arguments Kals, you know that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gutted for Ricciardo but RBR seem fairly confident in their appeal judging by Christian Horner's reaction. Its a shame because it was such a great podium line up - probably the best thing about the whole race. It didnt really live up to the hype but it was still half decent.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

phil1993 wrote:
Yeah but the past was always better. The future sucks. No arguments Kals, you know that.

No matter how far into the future we go, 2002 will always suck, in my view. :p

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:51 pm 

codename_47 wrote:

totally agree. This race was utterly boring and bland, apart from the Bottas/Kimi early battle.

It feels the cars are cruising the whole time and nobody is really on the edge, as motor racing is supposed to be. There were closed packs in the field but not real threats and when overtakes did occur, it was either gifted through the various mistakes(especially from Kimi) or way more power from Mercedes against STR's Renault...

The only "real racing" moment I saw was Bottas overtaking Kimi, before the SC. Despite that, I'll remember nothing from this race.

No nostalgia involved

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

No matter how far into the future we go, 2002 will always suck, in my view. :p

Yes but 2004 was worse.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:38 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I'll forever remember more damage being done by mechanics during pitstops than Maldonado, lolz and jajajajajaja

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:21 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motorspo ... hvjju.html

Quote:
Horner explained their reasoning following the verdict.
"These fuel flow sensors that have been fitted by the FIA to measure fuel have proved problematic throughout the pit lane, and since their introduction at the start of testing, there have been discrepancies," he said.
"That offset we didn’t feel was correct, and as we got into the race, we could see there was a significant discrepancy between what the sensor was reading and what the fuel flow, which was the actual injection of fuel into the engine, was stated as.
"That’s where there was a difference of opinion. It’s immature technology, and it’s impossible to rely 100 percent on that sensor, which had proved to be problematic in almost every session that we’ve run in."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Huehuehue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Artur Craft wrote:
This race was utterly boring and bland, apart from the Bottas/Kimi early battle.

It feels the cars are cruising the whole time and nobody is really on the edge, as motor racing is supposed to be. There were closed packs in the field but not real threats and when overtakes did occur, it was either gifted through the various mistakes(especially from Kimi) or way more power from Mercedes against STR's Renault...

The only "real racing" moment I saw was Bottas overtaking Kimi, before the SC. Despite that, I'll remember nothing from this race.

No nostalgia involved

I fully agree with that. It really has nothing to do with nostalgia. But it seems because it was not Vettel winning, this race for some was suddenly so much better, whereas I didn't see much difference with last years races when Vettel was winning everything.

and yes I'm glad someone else is winning!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This has nothing to do with nostalgia, rather it is having realistic expectations or not ignoring what actually happened. If you were expecting passing and repassing every lap then you're watching the wrong sport.

kals wrote:
Do the naysayers not remember 2005? The opening round that year saw some significant sporting regulation changes which meant everyone went into Australia unsure how the single tyre set and engine regs would work. The first round was awful as a result. No-one really did anything and even Martin Brundle commented during the race that the drivers should at least try racing. Well after that one poor race we were treated to some fantastic races. This year's race was miles better than 2005 and we know there is more to come. Let's not write off the year based on one race, nor ignore the fact there was a decent amount of action for a formula having gone through big technical reg changes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1090 posts ]  Go to page Previous 147 48 49 50 5155 Next