TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2781 posts ]  Go to page Previous 188 89 90 91 92140 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Woodski wrote:
Apparently you haven't been keeping track of testing down there the past two days.

The Prototypes are balanced really well now. Daytona was an outlier.

Yeah, just noticed :oops: .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought it was quite a good race. It seemed difficult to pass, and then just before the final caution the lane up against the wall was flying towards the front. Could have been a really good finish if it had stayed green. Cool to see Smith win, and not one of the Cup regulars. Just a shame about the crap calls made on pushing.

I didn't really see the replays of the wreck after the race. I heard Jr say it was all his mistake. Or was it completely deliberate?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I still fear NASCAR will one day screw someone out a win with a bullshit tandem call.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

First time since 2005 someone competing for the Nationwide championship has won a race at Daytona.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I thought it was quite a good race. It seemed difficult to pass, and then just before the final caution the lane up against the wall was flying towards the front. Could have been a really good finish if it had stayed green. Cool to see Smith win, and not one of the Cup regulars. Just a shame about the crap calls made on pushing.

I didn't really see the replays of the wreck after the race. I heard Jr say it was all his mistake. Or was it completely deliberate?

He says they slowed down quicker then he expected. I dunno, he probably just wanted to make his feelings towards Larsson known.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:14 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Remember when Kyle Busch said that "he'll keep winning until NASCAR does something about it or when the other competitors get the hint and actually try to beat him?"

Well, the former is looking like it might happen:
NASCAR considers limiting drivers on "double duty": Kyle Busch's thrilling move in the final few hundred feet of the Truck Series season opener led to his 99th win outside NASCAR's top series. The victory infuriated many fans. NASCAR heard them loud and clear. NASCAR said Saturday it is looking at potentially limiting the number of second- and third-tier event Sprint Cup regulars can run during the season. Officials have already talked about a potential rules adjustments, and Busch's win Friday night surely will lead to more discussions. Maybe even a change. "We're definitely aware of the fan messaging we get," said Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR's senior vice president of racing operations. "There's a balance, especially talking to the tracks, of having a Cup driver or two in the Trucks or Nationwide.We have had discussions with the race teams about ownership and should Cup drivers get points and we've looked at should they be limited in the number of races. It's something we are really studying." Busch has 63 wins in the Nationwide Series and 36 more in the Truck Series. Busch and fellow Sprint Cup driver Brad Keselowski own Truck teams, and NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. owns a Nationwide team. And with sponsorship key to funding those operations, corporations often agree to sponsorship deals with the guarantee that the driver/owners will get behind the wheel in a handful of races or more. Tracks, television rights holders and NASCAR also all benefit from the draw of racing's top drivers. Of course, that usually means young and upcoming drivers get overlooked or left out of the car.(Associated Press)(2-22-2014)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/t ... st-version

:tumble:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Good to hear NASCAR is at least acknowledging that there is a SERIOUS problem in the NNS and CWTS. Seems like they've been turning the other way for years but it's gotten to the point where no one will be watching if something doesn't change,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:42 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Underdogfan wrote:
First time since 2005 someone competing for the Nationwide championship has won a race at Daytona.

2001 for the spring race

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

When Kyle Busch wins 12 races, Brad Keselowski 7, Joey Logano 3, Matt Kenseth 2, plus Stewart and Harvick with 1 a piece... 78% of the races.. That's too damn much. Back in the late 90's early 00's when fans were bitching about the Cup guys (Namely Martin, Burton, and Kenseth) winning all the races, that was in the 40-50% win ratio. It's just a joke of a series now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Make the Cup guys race under non-Cup teams if they have to run. Problem solved.

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:37 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

How hard would it be to just move the Nationwide races away from the companion weekends and have them run more short tracks?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nice idea, I like it a lot!

But, above all Ky Busch dominations, the win at the trucks shouldn't be a reason at all to limit his participation, that probably was the move of the speedweeks, anyone mad at him winning should be for him being all over the series, like you guys proved with the statistics.

But I'll be happy to see any changes in that direction if they happen.

Last edited by Soul Reaver on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NASCAR will probably ignore the core problems and just require the Cup guys to start at the back of the field or some shit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:42 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

de31168 wrote:
When Kyle Busch wins 12 races, Brad Keselowski 7, Joey Logano 3, Matt Kenseth 2, plus Stewart and Harvick with 1 a piece... 78% of the races.. That's too damn much. Back in the late 90's early 00's when fans were bitching about the Cup guys (Namely Martin, Burton, and Kenseth) winning all the races, that was in the 40-50% win ratio. It's just a joke of a series now.

The name "Cup Lite" has never been a better fit for the series than it is now...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I had pretty bad seats to say the least, so didn't really get to see much as far as actually on the track, but penalizing Buescher was bullshit because afaik they didn't even warn others (looking at you Shrub) for actually legitimately pushing the car in front and if NASCAR is going to prevent tandems it needs to be by messing with the cars, not fucking with the rule book. You can't just tell a pack of race car drivers to go out and DON'T race as hard as you can. It's just wrong and it ruins the racing. Even if you don't like the tandem, it's still more real than whatever today was. That's racers racing, doing everything they can to go FASTER.

Other than that:

-Harrison Rhodes (who?) blew up right in front of us.
-FUCK YEA REGAN SMITH.
-God damn it, Dale Jr.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:29 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ryan Sieg came back and got 9th after his spin. Mike Wallace got a top 15 with his new team as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Start Cup guys in the rear of the field. Atleast then it would be interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:21 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Excuse my ignorance..what is the no pushing rule?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ellis wrote:
Excuse my ignorance..what is the no pushing rule?

NASCAR have brought it in for this season to try to prevent the tandem (basically a cheap and easy solution rather than spending money on changing the cars). Bump drafting is still fine, but drivers aren't allowed to stay hooked up for any period of time. You can see how this is open to interpretation - yesterday, drivers started bumping each other continuously while coming only about half an inch off their rear bumper, so they were sort of 'bouncing' off of the car infront all the way round the track. Lots of drivers were doing this, but for some reason only Buescher got penalized.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2781 posts ]  Go to page Previous 188 89 90 91 92140 Next