TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1273 274 275 276 277302 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

According to Ted Kravitz Marussia are aiming to be at Abu-Dhabi.

They have also lodged an entry as Manor Grand Prix for 2015.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Which would be good, hope they find a backer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The team always was Manor anyway. Just backed by Virgin/Marussia. Hope they can keep going.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frank Williams is currently in hospital, receiving treatment for a pressure sore on his back. Claire has told reporters it is a fairly routine treatment, and that he is 'responding well'.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:28 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
I was thinking the same - we might be able to follow the points allocation, but it will be a mess for the casual viewer.

We? I used to follow point standings when it was simple, six guys score in each race, winner gets ten points. Now I really don't care about statistics, just watching the races. How many times has Hamilton won in USA? Don't know, don't care. But when Schumacher won at Indy ten years ago I knew exactly how many wins he now has from America.

I thought I was the only one, and that it simply was because I was getting older. I still remember who finished where in a random race 15 years ago, but no idea how many victories Rosberg had this year and where he won. Have I lost interest or is my brain too busy with other stuff?

Simple: less races, not much happend in the races so we had an hour and a half to memorise every position because they stayed like that the whole race. Now positions are always changing and we have much more races to remember.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
cookie wrote:
Simple: less races, not much happend in the races so we had an hour and a half to memorise every position because they stayed like that the whole race. Now positions are always changing and we have much more races to remember.

+1

why not only 16. sadly if they do that they'll keep abu dhabi and the other racing disgracelands

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Shaddix wrote:
WSbR > GP2, just saying.

Euro F3>WSBR>GP2 this season tbh

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:30 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

StefMeister wrote:

When do entries close, isn't it the 6th November or something?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kinda F1 related... but ummm wtf

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:43 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

im really beginning to hate those double point in abu, hamilton has won 10 races against 4 for rosberg and still hes got a chance at the title not saying that the guy with the most wins over the season wins the championship(the dumb medal system) but the difference between rosberg en hamilton for race victory's is so big that lewis deserves it more this year

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
StefMeister wrote:

When do entries close, isn't it the 6th November or something?
Entry's have to be lodged by 1st November.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:07 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

cookie wrote:
Omega wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
We? I used to follow point standings when it was simple, six guys score in each race, winner gets ten points. Now I really don't care about statistics, just watching the races. How many times has Hamilton won in USA? Don't know, don't care. But when Schumacher won at Indy ten years ago I knew exactly how many wins he now has from America.

I thought I was the only one, and that it simply was because I was getting older. I still remember who finished where in a random race 15 years ago, but no idea how many victories Rosberg had this year and where he won. Have I lost interest or is my brain too busy with other stuff?

Basically, yeah - there's a lot happening on the surface to distract us. 2011-13 is a total blank for me, maybe because I wasn't as interested but I think it has a lot to do with this ADHD formula of DRS and Pirelli tyres. I came to the conclusion a while back that more action doesn't make a race better. Having more action in a race makes little difference if the outcome is the same. All of these DRS/tyre-induced passes we see are short-term thrills - we'll have forgotten them a few weeks or months down the line

What makes F1 interesting and memorable is drama, not action. The most memorable moment of F1 in the last 5 years was Webber and Vettel colliding at Istanbul in 2010 - a poor year for action but a great year for drama. I remember at the time everyone raving about 2011 and how great it was compared to the racing we saw in 2010. 3 years on and 2010 still stands up as a superior season with an incredible four-way title fight, while 2011 is remembered for a handful of great races but mostly for being dominated by Vettel, because long-term it doesn't matter if there was a great scrap for 11th - no one will care

This year has been the best year since 2010, possibly even 2009, because it's actually had an engaging story line. 2012, for all the competition and the title fight, was hard to follow. That being said, it is petering out a bit and if Hamilton closes this out (as he should), it may not look as interesting historically

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the fun part of F1 was that sole race in Spa where rain fall in the final 2 laps and we didn't know who was going to win

and I thought artificial competition was good for the sport

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Paolo Bettini, the man who was supposed to manage Alonso's cycling team has said the cycling team has been put into the fridge "because of reasons he can't go into".

Feels like Alonso has got an other project coming up...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:26 pm 

The cycling team fell through ages ago, no? May have absolutely nothing to do with where he's going next year

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:26 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Juihi wrote:
Kinda F1 related... but ummm wtf

Best thing (musically) David Guetta has done in...

well

I don't really remember the previous "best thing". Probably somewhere 10 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I liked him more while he was underground playing with Chris Willis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

One can hardly believe the David Guetta from back then is actualy the same one doing all this crappy music today.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:13 pm 
Belgian Waffle.
Belgian Waffle.

'With 2 laps to go, this epic battle shows no sign of letting up' *sees cars and gridgirls standing still behind the reporter*

Stupid video and dumb song. Not impressed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:59 pm 

James B wrote:
Basically, yeah - there's a lot happening on the surface to distract us. 2011-13 is a total blank for me, maybe because I wasn't as interested but I think it has a lot to do with this ADHD formula of DRS and Pirelli tyres. I came to the conclusion a while back that more action doesn't make a race better. Having more action in a race makes little difference if the outcome is the same. All of these DRS/tyre-induced passes we see are short-term thrills - we'll have forgotten them a few weeks or months down the line

Up untill here I share exactly the same view.

I differ that I don't care much about drama but genuine action, instead. I remember very few things from last years such as Schumacher/Hamilton(then Button passing both) fight in Monza 2011, Vettel/Alonso battle in Silverstone this year and these sort of things

Seeing this DRS/big-tyres'-grip-difference passes is(exaggerating for better expressing myself) like watching a boxer beating the hell out of the opponent who has his hands tied up.

Yesterday watching battles like Alonso/Button, Vergne/Button/Maldonado/Vettel and even Rosberg/Hamilton, I realized none of it actually gave me thrill and that is because I knew the outcome, ie, the overtaking was inevitable and the best case scenario would be a delay because the attacker would be eventually less agressive and wait for the better opportunity.

I take my hat off to a guy like JEV, though, who seems to have more skill to pass than most and pulls off some moves that are quite unpredictable and, therefore, somewhat exciting.

Last edited by Artur Craft on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1273 274 275 276 277302 Next