TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1242 243 244 245 246302 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

For one he won't be up against 'the best thing since sliced bread' or going there expecting number one treatment. I think that was the problem before.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the main issue about Ferrari is the lack of patience

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think in 2007 Fernando was going there expecting to be #1 given he was the reigning 2x world champion & that Lewis was the rookie in his 1st year & was then surprised by how fast Lewis turned out to be & didn't know how to deal with it.

I also think he got into his head that Ron & others within the team were more behind Lewis given his history with team & that he let that view get to him through the mid-season. There was also the stuff from his friends/family who perhaps helped push that view as I recall reading that they started watching races from Renault hospitality because they felt the people at McLaren hospitality were behind Lewis.

I'd also suggest that Ron didn't deal with things well when they started to go sour (As he didn't with Prost/Senna) & perhaps even fed into Fernando's belief that Ron's closer relationship with Lewis was favoritism (Like Senna's close relationship with the Honda engineer's did with Prost in '89).

Since 2007 by all accounts Alonso & Hamilton get on fine, They may not be best of friends but I don't believe there's the rivalry & dislike between the 2 that many in the media (British media especially) like to suggest there is.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:18 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

In recent years they have been complimenting eachother a lot, Fernando saying that Lewis is the best driver and the other way around.

Of course to 'distract' Vettel but still, those compliments don't show much personal rivalry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:07 pm 

On the radio communications that are allowed, I see this one:

Quote:
Driver instructions from the team to swap position with other drivers.

I thought that team orders were still banned?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

WilliamsF1 wrote:
On the radio communications that are allowed, I see this one:

Quote:
Driver instructions from the team to swap position with other drivers.

I thought that team orders were still banned?

No they are allowed since 2011, after the discussion of Hockenheim 2010.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:
Yeah that's the only thing I'd be worried about if I was Vettel. If he moves to Ferrari and starts winning because they somehow produce a car better than RBR, everyone's going to say he can only win when he's given a good car. Maybe he should stick around and prove he can beat Ricciardo first...

Do you really believe that drivers sit around and care about what people think about them? They know they will be hated if they win, as that's the universal rule of success.

They're looking for victories, or money, or prestige (driving for Ferrari for instance). Good drivers always look for the best teams, as it has always been. I've never seen a (modern) driver willingly go for a less competitive car just to prove a point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

As a general rule you're probably right, they don't care. But in this particular situation, if I was Vettel I'd want to beat Ricciardo before bailing out.

But I'm not Vettel and I don't have a clue what he cares about, so hey, I could well be talking shit. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ayrton Senna said once that he would go to Ferrari once he got all the titles he could win, because when a Ferrari wins, the car was responsible, and when it loses, the blame is on the driver

of course today they offer a shitload of money but is quite the same, you can't say anything publicly about the car and have patience like Alonso, or just say is undriveable and get the hell out of there like Prost did

atm the car is undriveable and underpowered. Red Bull still have plenty of handling, just a matter of patience (unless Vettel accepts the shitload of money)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:
As a general rule you're probably right, they don't care. But in this particular situation, if I was Vettel I'd want to beat Ricciardo before bailing out.

But I'm not Vettel and I don't have a clue what he cares about, so hey, I could well be talking shit. ;)

Yes. Yes you are and you should feel ashamed of yourself, young man.

If we reverse it though, Ricciardo can now move wherever the hell he wants in his career. Beating up your 4-time world champion teammate in the same team, still at the prime of his career, gives bragging rights for life.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:22 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Sunday 21/9 - Singapore

Quote:
Chance of rain:
80%

weather.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:00 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

We'll never learn. ...rain wise, will we?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FIA loves Singapore weather, rain washes everything during the afternoon and in the night the track is cleaner than a hospital floor

dunno how the floodlights would affect driver's view during rain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
FIA loves Singapore weather, rain washes everything during the afternoon and in the night the track is cleaner than a hospital floor

dunno how the floodlights would affect driver's view during rain

It rained in Free practice a couple of years ago, floodlight was no problem.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here's an interesting look at the radio messages which were played on TV during the Italian Gp & what would/would not be allowed under the new restrictions:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/09/17/m ... radio-ban/

Outside of the actual race, In Practice I fear were going to see cars spending more time in the pits either going over data or coming in every few laps in order to change settings. During the practice sessions you hear a lot of teams telling drivers to change some settings to get some data, Now they will have to bring the cars in to make the change.

If there going to have these new restrictions they should only enforce them during the race as practice is practice & even during football/tennis or whatever practice/training the coaches/managers are allowed to give instructions to help improve whatever they see could be better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:59 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is one of the increasingly number of dumber rules being initiated by the FIA. We are not talking bout two way telemetry here, like we had in the early 00's where by teams could change settings from the pits. This was rightly banned. Every action relating to the car on the track has to be changed by the driver manually, through a series of buttons, toggles and menus on the steering wheel. The driver is still 100% in control of the car at all times on the track.

I think its fairly safe to assume that the FIA has mandated one of if not the most technical engine/drive train regulations in the sports history. These engines by all accounts need constant tweaking and monitoring in order to run correctly. So what does the FIA do? They essentially want the drivers and teams to revert to 1970s and 1980s style driving/instruction standards, despite having the one of the most technically complex cars in the sports history.

These rule changes also fly in the face of the FIA's safety centric logic. Not being advised if their brakes are overheating? or if they have slow punctures? or how about drivers having to delve into the in depth and highly confusing dash menus and switches, unaided, fiddling around to find what buttons/menus to fix a particular problem....all the while while having to drive wheel to wheel at 300kph...when the team can see and advise what button to press??? Am I the only one who thinks this is fucking insane?

All I can see is Adrian Newey saying "I told you so" at how restrictive and stupid the FIA's regulations have become. The problem is not F1 itself. The problem is the retards who think they know what they are doing, despite the fact that a random monkey could do a better job.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I love how everyone is over reacting to this rule change.

I think it is great. They need to limit what drivers can change from the cockpit as well. Maybe I should apply for a job at the FIA :innocent:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Would cars spent more time in the pits during practice so therefore it would make the fans more bored of lack of action on the track?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

After a meeting between the FIA/Teams today there has apparently been a compromise made regarding the team radio restrictions.

Specific driving advice will be banned but instructions regarding system setting changes will be allowed.

Meanwhile Bernie is saying that the restrictions were his idea & that he'd like to go after telemetry next.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115916

I'd be against that if it meant we also lost the telemetry graphics that we get on the TV feeds.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1242 243 244 245 246302 Next