TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1189 190 191 192 193302 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:59 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

This page.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's a harsh reaction to gay people. Homophobic much?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:16 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

I've got nothing against Sutil but I wouldn't turn my back on him as I don't want to get stabbed or "speared".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:09 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry to go off-topic here, but could the FIA be even more vague about the FRIC system?

It "could be viewed as an illegal moveable aerodynamic device" and "could be in breach of the rules."

Now they're letting the teams decide whether or not it's illegal this year or perhaps just from next year on.

Why the hell do we have the FIA in the first place?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114958

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So we can have a good LOLZ at the stupidity of them, like the following article.

http://en.espnf1.com/fia/motorsport/story/167205.html

So....the plank has been around for what, over 20 years? And in all that time I have never heard of a skid block coming off a car and causing damage to another one. Parts of the floor coming off yes, we see that on a regular basis, but when was the last time that an actual skid block came off?

So there were two punctures caused at Spa because of the skid blocks coming off by going over a kerb....so which kerbs were they then? Anyone have a vid of that? Were the kerbs followed by a good old fashioned gravel trap that forced the drivers to slow down or were they followed by a 3 meter wide strip of astro turf and an acre of tarmac run off that encourages the drivers to keep their foot on the gas despite being on the kerb? I'd like to know.

Also "safety" to the FIA is what "terrorism" is to world governments. You can propose any measure of stupid, illogical, ill thought out proposals/laws, but if you question it you get label'd as a crazy nut "What, are you against safety"?.....Well in this instance, yes I am against safety.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In other news, the FIA has bought the 2014 FIFA World Cup logo and will introduce it as their new logo as it represents the current state of the FIA and F1 best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
In other news, the FIA has bought the 2014 FIFA World Cup logo and will introduce it as their new logo as it represents the current state of the FIA and F1 best.

That logo had to have been done on purpose right, it was clearly a face palm. So yes, very apt usage for the FIA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Feel free to point out the homophobia in our posts or the use of the cigarette slang reference :yes: :p

NVirkkula wrote:
I've got nothing against Sutil but I wouldn't turn my back on him as I don't want to get stabbed or "speared".

To be fair, the whole "Man is gay so must automatically fancy me because I am a man"* is pretty old now.

*(It has happened to me before, but only because I am irresistible to all genders)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sainz has been told by Red Bull that FR3.5 is his only priority for 2014 - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114964

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Apparently the FIA decided to move to ban the FRIC suspension systems because they have found that teams have started to develop & use clever valve setups to get the ride of the car to change purely for aerodynamic benefit.

For example making the rear of the car drop at high speed to reduce the angle of attack of the rear wing to reduce drag (As they used to do with a button on the wheel when they had fully active suspension in 92/93).

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/wi ... 56381.html

Quote:
When the suspension moves up or down at one corner the opposite reacts accordingly. For example, as a car heads into a corner and a driver brakes hard, the car will try to nose dive into the corner but the FRIC system balances out the load to keep the car more level.

That’s all fine, except it is believed teams are starting to use clever valve set-ups to activate certain movements solely for aerodynamic benefit – specifically making the rear of the car drop at high speed to reduce the angle of attack of the rear wing and cut downforce.

It is likely that this kind of use has caused the recent debate.

The FIA bans all use of movable aerodynamic devices, and while the standard use for FRIC could be argued as having its focus on the mechanical performance, using it to actively reduce drag does not.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Sainz has been told by Red Bull that FR3.5 is his only priority for 2014 - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114964

So, in other words, the new Caterham owners paid the bills.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Here's a good article a friend of mine wrote as an open letter to Bernie about social media and F1'

Quote:
I felt the need to write this letter following on from recent comments and changes which are being made to our beloved sport, Formula 1. The comments are in relation to social media, and you stating that social media is shortlived. That’s alongside some of the ridiculous suggestions to “liven up” our sport, such as the new safety car restart procedure.

Bernie Ecclestone, in regards to social media and falling television figures

“But I think the change that is currently taking place is very shortlived, as these social media people are starting to think it is not as good as they thought.”

When asked if he believed F1 needed to change its approach, and officially embrace social media like other sports have done, he said: “No. We’re commercial… If they find people to pay us [to do that] then I will be happy.” Source, Autosport, 5th June 2014.

Firstly, lets look at a few facts. Facebook has 1 billion users with 802 million daily active users. Twitter has 250 million users. Youtube sees more than 1 billion unique users per month, with over 6 billion hours watched per month. Those are only the key channels, I’m not even mentioning current secondary channels (Instagram, Vimeo, Google+, Pinterest). These are channels which cannot be ignored, regardless of your personal opinion. Next, lets look at device useage. It’s changing, enormously. Check out the graph below to see how much of an impact tablets and smartphones are having. By ignoring social? You’re essentially saying you don’t really care about that segment. Yes, different channels have different solutions in place (Sky Go is good enough), but it’s fragmented and the casual fan isn’t going to sit and watch an entire race on a mobile device.

See the rest at http://www.5gcreative.com/an-open-lette ... ia-and-f1/

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:53 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
kals wrote:

Not sure, but that's a logical thought.

In addition, 40% of Caterham's staff have been laid off including Alex Rossi.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I can understand Alex Rossi's decision, he wasn't really an addition or something special. If it was for the American aspect, there are better drivers out there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
micha wrote:
kals wrote:

Not sure, but that's a logical thought.

In addition, 40% of Caterham's staff have been laid off including Alex Rossi.

Hahaha called it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't think that's any real surprise. Caterham expanded far too quickly and Fernandez seemed to be of the opinion that more resources would equal greater returns / results. A couple of months back it was mentioned that one F1 team was down to their last $1m (or similar) and everyone believed it to be Marussia. It was Caterham. Now the entire team is being restructured to increase operational efficiency and reduce costs. To survive and operate within their actual means. The team should be doing far better with what they've got, I've said that for a couple of years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Apparantly Fernandes also held back any eventual updates in the last phew weeks, which are now (under the new owners) being tested in Toyota's wind tunnel and should be on the car any time soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Something that made me giggle at work earlier. Benson serves up another fawning load of shite re; Mrs. Wolff and gets buttfucked in the comments section for it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28329673

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I care not about many of the BBC's F1 articles, I care even less about the non-knowledgeable / crass / Crash.net style / DailyMail'esque style readers who comment on said articles and their comments.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1189 190 191 192 193302 Next