TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1108 109 110 111 112302 Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:41 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

I don't mind the song to be honest.

:tumble:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:21 am 
Permabanned

cookie wrote:
Didn't know there were active F1 drivers that smoked. I knew Schumacher smoked some cigars.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kobay ... cigarette/
;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:32 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:33 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

SCANDAL!

Tobacco is banned from the sport, PLZ BAN THESE DRIVERS IMMEDIATELY

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:26 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Location: Jenson Button is running in the top 10 in 11th place.
James Hunt would have absolutely adored Kimi. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:45 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mark Hughes has written article for the April issue of MotorSport Magazine called, "Time for a Formula 1 Revolution." If someone has the issue, could you please post the article to the board.

Quote:
Here are the key principles to the framework that Grand Prix editor Mark Hughes presents:
•Restructuring the sport’s finances to give F1 teams greater return, combined with the introduction of a budget cap. This would make F1 teams less beholden to demands from commercial partners and remove the need for technical sterilisation of the sport and pay drivers
•Opening out the technical regulations to allow for greater competitive volatility
•A reduced, 15-round F1 calendar with Grands Prix only staged in countries with a strong F1 fan base
•Reducing fees charged to circuit promoters staging Grands Prix, thus reducing ticket prices
•The re-introduction of a tyre war to generate more unpredictability
•The end of codified driver penalties to encourage real racing
•The removal of all pits-to-driver communications
•Banning team PRs from circuits to encourage freedom of speech and allow personalities to flourish
•Capped-costs feeder formulae with chassis engineering freedom

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ti ... evolution/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:53 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ferrari wrote:
Mark Hughes has written article for the April issue of MotorSport Magazine called, "Time for a Formula 1 Revolution." If someone has the issue, could you please post the article to the board.

Quote:
Here are the key principles to the framework that Grand Prix editor Mark Hughes presents:
•Restructuring the sport’s finances to give F1 teams greater return, combined with the introduction of a budget cap. This would make F1 teams less beholden to demands from commercial partners and remove the need for technical sterilisation of the sport and pay drivers
•Opening out the technical regulations to allow for greater competitive volatility
•A reduced, 15-round F1 calendar with Grands Prix only staged in countries with a strong F1 fan base
•Reducing fees charged to circuit promoters staging Grands Prix, thus reducing ticket prices
•The re-introduction of a tyre war to generate more unpredictability
•The end of codified driver penalties to encourage real racing
•The removal of all pits-to-driver communications
•Banning team PRs from circuits to encourage freedom of speech and allow personalities to flourish
•Capped-costs feeder formulae with chassis engineering freedom

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ti ... evolution/

That's very interesting, but there are still lots of stuff to be thought off! Also, 15 rounds a season is a very low number. I think the current setup is good. Some of the changes to provide a more interesting race action could involve, a comeback to the old 10-6-4-3-2-1 Points System, to demand more from the drivers to get into the Points Zone, qualification tyres to give the public the good old flying laps to enjoy again, in two qualifying sessions of 60 minutes, friday and saturday, like the good old times. This would solve the whole problem about drivers not getting into the track for Q3 and all the annoying discussion over that matter! Lowering the costs for a team to register for a season, last time I remember a team would have to pay more than 50M to be in F1. That would give the series more drive seats. This discussion is interesting and we could go further and further on ideas for a better F1, but we all know that none of those will ever happen! Unfortunately!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:42 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I've always wondered if "Formula One" could be run successfully without the FOM and FIA. Suppose you applied the structure in which NFL, MLB, NBA or English Premier League run under to F1. Essentially, every team has voice and vote. The vote determines the Commissioner/President who then runs both sides of the business, regulatory and commercial. It would also allow greater distribution of the profit of F1 to the teams. From what I've read. CVC has been taking sizeable cut of FOM profit, which should be going to the teams.

I guess truth be told to the answer to my question is the GPMA and FOTA. Both ended up being FUBAR.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:30 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ferrari wrote:
I've always wondered if "Formula One" could be run successfully without the FOM and FIA. Suppose you applied the structure in which NFL, MLB, NBA or English Premier League run under to F1. Essentially, every team has voice and vote. The vote determines the Commissioner/President who then runs both sides of the business, regulatory and commercial. It would also allow greater distribution of the profit of F1 to the teams. From what I've read. CVC has been taking sizeable cut of FOM profit, which should be going to the teams.

I guess truth be told to the answer to my question is the GPMA and FOTA. Both ended up being FUBAR.

I remember around 10 years ago, there was a warm discussion about teams leaving F1 to create their own series. It never really went ahead. It's very complicated nowadays. Formula 1 has already set it's name and weight, we have to consider how difficult it would be to make a new series stronger. The Formula 1 name could survive without the teams, but can the teams survive without the F1 name? This is the main question. This ends up being just a "Cold War", everybody comes up with tons of ideas, they seem avid to make changes, but after all it's just a speech, and those words gains more or less importance depending on how the balance of power is going to, but after all, everything comes to the exact same place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:54 am 

Nice onboard picture

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:19 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fantastic. Interesting mirror design too.

phil1993 wrote:
Did the article actually say it was Bianchi smoking though? I thought it suggested he was standing with a friend who was smoking.

It said Bianchi was smoking but they've been wrong before and they never mention their source, just copy and translate it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What does it matter if a driver chooses to smoke or not? Who cares?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:48 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

The only thing I'd say about it is that it does contrast with the ultra healthy athletes they need to be to haul these cars around for 2 hours every sunday.

But their body is theirs alone to put in whatever toxic chemicals they want. Hell, maybe it helped them lose the extra weight needed for this years regs :p

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
What does it matter if a driver chooses to smoke or not? Who cares?

Smoking gives them too much personality. We can't have that.

And it also changes the image of them that people have in their heads already. That's uncomfortable so it's bad. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
The only thing I'd say about it is that it does contrast with the ultra healthy athletes they need to be to haul these cars around for 2 hours every sunday.

But their body is theirs alone to put in whatever toxic chemicals they want. Hell, maybe it helped them lose the extra weight needed for this years regs :p

Look I get it. These drivers are supposed to be in their physical prime and smoking is a conflict of that. However when you've had a hard day in the car, sometimes you just need to suck on a fat one. Just ask Ralf.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
If Mansell smoked cigarettes in his F1 years he would have no air left to finish the race, considering that he had air pumped into his helmet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:37 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

kals wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Look I get it. These drivers are supposed to be in their physical prime and smoking is a conflict of that. However when you've had a hard day in the car, sometimes you just need to suck on a fat one. Just ask Ralf.

C'mon man, it's Sutil these days, update your reference bank mannnnnnn, that's soooo 2002....

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

There are more sporters who occasionally smoke at a party or something. I have heard about cyclist Marcel Kittel smoking, the guy won 4 stages in the Tour de France last year.

It won't affect your performance if you smoke 5 cigarettes a year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:48 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Gerhard Berger broke his arm in a skiing accident this weekend: http://www.elobservador.com.uy/noticia/ ... -en-esqui/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Fryslân, The Netherlands, TBK-member since May 7th, 2003
FW36 to Have Updated Senna Logo for 2014

Since the tragic death of Ayrton Senna at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix, Williams has placed the iconic Senna double S logo on its racing cars as a mark of respect. To commemorate 20 years since his passing and to celebrate his legacy, the Williams Mercedes FW36 will be adorned with the new 20th anniversary Senna logo for the 2014 season.

Traditionally placed on the front wing struts of each Williams car, the new logo will be placed on the left hand side of the FW36’s nose cone and feature a picture of Ayrton alongside the words “Ayrton Senna Always”. Designed by the Ayrton Senna Foundation, the logo will be present at a number of events organised by the Foundation this year to honour the life, legacy and values of the three times Formula One World Champion.

Speaking about the updated logo, Williams Founder and Team Principal Sir Frank Williams said: “I was very close to Ayrton and the iconic double S logo has been a mainstay on our cars since his death 20 years ago. This new logo is our way of celebrating his achievements as a racing driver, and also the sterling work of his Foundation which is doing so much to promote educational opportunities in Brazil.”

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1108 109 110 111 112302 Next