TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14302 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:39 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112122

Christ, people in F1 are really dense. "Yes, we know everyone who watches F1 hates this idea and that there's been a huge backlash against it, and we don't even have particularly strong feelings about it either way, but we've decided to do it so it's going to happen"

They couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery - they would get there and then impose a needless restriction on the amount of beer you could drink

In the mean time, Saward reckons that Genii are getting their hands on the De Tomaso brand: http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/01/ ... out-lotus/

Last edited by James B on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wonder, if the Abu Dhabi race is now worth double-points for the F1 drivers championship, does that mean that tickets will be double the price? That would seem a logical move by F1 folk.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Its just like they're trying to kill off F1 with stupid rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Maybe that is what needs to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I will cringe if this year's championship ends up being decided in spectacular fashion specifically because of this rule.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
I wonder, if the Abu Dhabi race is now worth double-points for the F1 drivers championship, does that mean that tickets will be double the price? That would seem a logical move by F1 folk.

Well it won't be a problem for the majority of the people who go to the Abu Dhabi race as they are millionaires or corporate sponsors.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

bigears wrote:
kals wrote:

Well it won't be a problem for the majority of the people who go to the Abu Dhabi race as they are millionaires or corporate sponsors.

Indeed :thumbsup:

coldtyre wrote:
I will cringe if this year's championship ends up being decided in spectacular fashion specifically because of this rule.

It will be like something out of the movies...

No wait, sorry I mean this kind of movie...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Forgot how bad that movie was :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I still cannot understand the argument that Kimi was poor in 2009, or that he'd lost his motivation and was tired of F1. Fisichella proved it was a difficult car to drive, and by the end of the season Ferrari were putting all their efforts into 2010. Yet Kimi scored 39 points in the final 8 races. More than any other driver except Hamilton's 40 points. Not bad for someone who couldn't be bothered.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
kals wrote:
No wait, sorry I mean this kind of movie...

"Best of..."

and I still guess that Vettel will clinch championship in Japan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:52 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I still cannot understand the argument that Kimi was poor in 2009, or that he'd lost his motivation and was tired of F1. Fisichella proved it was a difficult car to drive, and by the end of the season Ferrari were putting all their efforts into 2010. Yet Kimi scored 39 points in the final 8 races. More than any other driver except Hamilton's 40 points. Not bad for someone who couldn't be bothered.

I still think Kimi wasn't "in it" very much, as in tired of F1 and Ferrari, but he's the kind of racer that always drives his hardest whenever he's in a racing car. The car was sorted out, and Kimi's ability combined with that gave them good results. It's a bit like that Mich Doohan quote: "I just think it's easier to put in the effort to finish as high as you can than it is to be happy with second or third", and Kimi being the racer he is, just did that.

Now Ferrari is the best shot for him to stay competitive, and that is why he is back there (along with a reliable salary).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:00 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I think it should be fun and I believe Alonso will get the best ouf of Kimi (and probably vice versa as well).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Or they'll be an utter meltdown of some kind from within the squad. Whatever happens, it should be interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:05 pm 

Kimi is not a psychotic as Alonso, or Schumacher, or Senna. He just gets on with it. A proper racing driver is only really happy when he's racing, isn't he?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alonso is the one who'll probably come off worse if they try and play politics. Kimi just won't give a shit.

Re:2009 - I recall hearing a story that the mechanics were amazed by his win at Spa as he did things the car should not have been capable of. Apparently the mechanics finally did what Raikkonen asked them to do. I can't find the source for it now but I'm sure it was in F1Racing a few years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
imagine Italian GP, ferrari 1-2 with Kimi 1st, and Alonso losing ground to championship leader. Just imagine Montezemolo's face after checked flag

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:09 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

phil1993 wrote:
Alonso is the one who'll probably come off worse if they try and play politics. Kimi just won't give a shit.

Re:2009 - I recall hearing a story that the mechanics were amazed by his win at Spa as he did things the car should not have been capable of. Apparently the mechanics finally did what Raikkonen asked them to do. I can't find the source for it now but I'm sure it was in F1Racing a few years ago.

I believe Sauber had that moment with him too. Obviously he impressed people given his lack of experience, but by half way through the season he was asking for seemingly illogical changes, and yet they worked when they obeyed them. Remember Williams did it with Villeneuve at Estoril, when he asked them to setup the car slightly asymmetrical with oval style characteristics so he could use parabolica for overtaking and setting up passes onto the front straight. Of course he ended up making that pass and won the race.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:17 pm 

ellis wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

I believe Sauber had that moment with him too. Obviously he impressed people given his lack of experience, but by half way through the season he was asking for seemingly illogical changes, and yet they worked when they obeyed them. Remember Williams did it with Villeneuve at Estoril, when he asked them to setup the car slightly asymmetrical with oval style characteristics so he could use parabolica for overtaking and setting up passes onto the front straight. Of course he ended up making that pass and won the race.

Sounds like exploits to me...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:20 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

ApexBoner wrote:
ellis wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

Sounds like exploits to me...

He should've done burn outs in the grass and driven an odd number of laps to make sure it rounded in his favour.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:47 pm 

phil1993 wrote:

Jonathan Noble: “One team insider suggested that, looking at the data, Raikkonen has once again been doing things in the cockpit of a very difficult car that they can hardly believe. He is going beyond what, theoretically, the F60 would be capable of in normal hands as though the Finn’s last great act of defiance is to prove to his former bosses that they were wrong.”

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14302 Next