TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3140 Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's a Dutch item but: http://www.nu.nl/sport/3910334/herstel- ... -jaar.html

according to Jean-François Payen, his doctor, it can take 1 to 3 years to recover. It doesn't say recover to what level. Maybe the report about Todt's alleged words have some truth in them after all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is cheery.. dunno if its an Official friend or just someone who walked past him once now claiming to be an old friend!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/530 ... dbye-Worse

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:37 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

eddington. I don't know this looks not that serious that site..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Express article go figure. Most of it seems to be rehashes and 'friends' saying stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gaara wrote:
Express article go figure. Most of it seems to be rehashes and 'friends' saying stuff.

thats what i thought... perhaps its a slow news day..

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Eddington mains wrote:
Gaara wrote:

thats what i thought... perhaps its a slow news day..

Clickbait.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Daily Fail reported basically the same thing, and Luca Colajanni had a sharp Twitter exchange with Gary Hartstein about it:

https://twitter.com/lcolajanni/status/5 ... 9802890240

(Hartstein's replies are a bit further down)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:59 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Eddington mains wrote:
This is cheery.. dunno if its an Official friend or just someone who walked past him once now claiming to be an old friend!

100.000£ a week for his treatment. Don't wanna seem rude and of course i can totally understand, i would spend the same amount for a person i love if i have that kind of money, but but how many people lifes can you save and improve with that amount of money?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cambridge wrote:
Eddington mains wrote:

100.000£ a week for his treatment. Don't wanna seem rude and of course i can totally understand, i would spend the same amount for a person i love if i have that kind of money, but but how many people lifes can you save and improve with that amount of money?

It's fair to assume the Express is wrong - they routinely inflate things to make better headlines. I have read €100k per month in several other reports.

Even that amount could help a lot of other people, but it is important to note it is all his money, and he was known to have donated tens of millions of dollars to charities throughout his active life. He donated €7,000,000 to the Indian Ocean tsunami relief fund, which is more than some countries did.

Overall, it's estimated he has given at least €50m of his own money away to those less fortunate, so I don't think the current spend can be criticised too much.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:20 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
cambridge wrote:
Eddington mains wrote:

It's fair to assume the Express is wrong - they routinely inflate things to make better headlines. I have read €100k per month in several other reports.

Even that amount could help a lot of other people, but it is important to note it is all his money, and he was known to have donated tens of millions of dollars to charities throughout his active life. He donated €7,000,000 to the Indian Ocean tsunami relief fund, which is more than some countries did.

Overall, it's estimated he has given at least €50m of his own money away to those less fortunate, so I don't think the current spend can be criticised too much.

i didn't know those numbers but anyway my critics weren't directed toward him ( he hearned his money in a fair way and has the right to spend them ) but in general to a society where a man who, let's say, was no more than an entertainer ( even if the best in his field that's still what he is like all sport figures ) can in less than 20 years stash away more money than he will ever be able to spend even if he had 10 lifes to live while a doctor who is looking for some cancer cure has hard times to fund raise his researches or a firefighter who actually save lifes on his daily basis or a teacher who is shaping up the minds of tomorrow's people struggles to have even a decent life.
i mean do we really think that the contribute of an average footballer to our society is much more valuable than the one of a garbage man who keep our streets clean?
perhaps this is probably not even the place to start a discussion like this one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You're making the common mistake of comparing activities of high social utility, and those of high economic utility. Big salaries only reward the latter.

Add to this that the top athletes money actually comes straight from the pockets of all the millions of garbage men, teachers, firefighters... who flood en masse to stadiums, arenas, circuits and pay the high price to follow their sport or buy the associated sponsor products.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Phillip Streiff on how Schumacher is doing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... crash.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

"Today, Ms Kehm said Streiff's comments were 'his opinions' and she therefore did not want to comment. She added: 'He did not have contact with us.' "

Ahh for fuck sake, I am getting pretty pissed with the family's handling of this. Yes, privacy is required, but he was one of the most visible sportsman on the planet. The ABSOLUTE worst thing that they can do to his fans around the world is let rampant speculation run rife throughout tabloids and chat forums like this one.

The very rare statements that they have released offer no real substance and only perpetuate rumors. I don't want a daily breakdown of "Today Michael did this, yesterday did that". But a more accurate statement than "He remains in a stable condition so respect our privacy" should be given.

The Bianchi family have at least been more forthright with their statements, and as a result, there is very little speculation about his condition, and dare I say it, been accorded more respect, because there is less to speculate on.

I ask this in all honesty. Will Michael ever be seen again in public?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:31 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

webbsy wrote:
Ahh for fuck sake, I am getting pretty pissed with the family's handling of this. Yes, privacy is required, but he was one of the most visible sportsman on the planet.

as you say, he WAS one of the most visible sportsman on the planet. That stopped with his (second) retirement from F1. At that moment in time, he started living life of an 'ordinary' man. Therefore, how the family handles it, is completely their thing. Had it been an F1 accident (like Abu Dhabi '10, but gone bad), I would also have rued the lack of info. But in this situation, no.

webbsy wrote:
I ask this in all honesty. Will Michael ever be seen again in public?

yes, but not intentionally. Paparazzi will manage to take a photo eventually.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thing is, he didn't turn into an ordinary man. Being famous after your career is part of your job when you are a 7 time world champion, that goes for any sport.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

One you are in the public spotlight, you never leave it unless you do a Nicola Foulston.

I agree the Bianchi family are handling the public side of things in a much better way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:40 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

In honesty I think Michael's condition is too terrible to talk about, that's why they are so quiet about him

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm sure it is but the family has a professional at their disposal who has worked for Michael doing his PR stuff since the year dot, just let her do her job and handle the press instead of taping her mouth shut.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

acopip wrote:
In honesty I think Michael's condition is too terrible to talk about, that's why they are so quiet about him

I don't see why Strieff would have any reason to lie or exaggerate about what he has seen, tbh. What he has relayed could be considered terrible, or it could be considered a remarkable improvement on his condition a few months ago.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:09 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, Sabine Kehm has denied that Streiff's comments are correct.
This could mean that Streiff is a liar and a disgusting person for saying that.
It could also mean that Kehm doesn't want to make Michael's bad condition public.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3140 Next