TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:47 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

A tie in the points with 3 races to go, its gonna be a great conclusion to this season :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You know things have changed when people are rooting for Gordon to win at Martinsville over Kenseth (imo.. jerks :p )

Bummed Kenseth couldn't get the win there.. but, with the way he's run there in the 2 races at JGR, I think he'll have a great shot at it again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I spent most of yesterday being incredibly pissed off about the double-file restarts, and how the outside lane was just not the place to be. A driver and team can make ground on the track, and pass cars on the pit lane, but if you pass one car too many and end up in an even-numbered position, you can easily fall back 4-5 spots just trying to get back in line.

I like the double-file restart rule, but at some tracks, they really should just go back to single-file restarts. Penalizing teams for *actually passing* (which barely happens nowadays anyway) is ridiculous.

Also, I may not be speaking for everybody here, mostly because between the 20 and 48, I'm pulling for the 48... BUT, hear me out.

I'm not a fan of one of the two drivers in the hunt for the title, although I dislike him a heck of a lot less since he left Roush. At the same time, I can't help but marvel at how both of these teams are matching each other each week. It's incredible, and it's fun to watch, and at this point, I'm not letting the possibility of Kenseth winning the title get me down. If Homestead ends and he's the champion, I'm going to be hard-pressed to be retro-actively disappointed with the battle that's gone on so far in the Chase.

Great battle by two great teams, IMO. Can't ask for much more than that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:17 pm 

I'm with you on the same boat regarding the double file restarts. I think they are great for the spectacle and drama during a race, but seeing drivers lose races just due to being on the inside or outside of a restart isn't much fun. I've seen several driver over the years that had great runs going on until they had the wrong side for a restart and went to the back due to not being able to line up.

I see why NASCAR and most fans want it, but I still prefer single file restarts - but let lapped cars start in the back as well, so the leaders can fight it out themselves. This would lead into some real turn 1 passes instead of just following the line your in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gael wrote:
You know things have changed when people are rooting for Gordon to win at Martinsville over Kenseth (imo.. jerks :p )

Bummed Kenseth couldn't get the win there.. but, with the way he's run there in the 2 races at JGR, I think he'll have a great shot at it again.

I'd rather cheer for someone who's gotten so close to winning all year and still had not, over somebody who has won seven times this year. :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:41 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

But he's won at Martinsville so many times, and Kenseth never has! Meanies! :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Suck it up, Princess! haha

Matt has lots of time to get his wins at tracks he hasn't won at before - if he stays with JGR, he'll get 'em soon. Jeff's time in the sport isn't necessarily dwindling yet, but every win at this point could be his last. I don't really *want* to look at it that way, but it does make me appreciate the wins a lot more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It just continues to amaze me how Matt's skillset has been 'unlocked' like a video game after arriving at Gibbs. At this rate, he will win a road race soon.

As for Jeff, when he won that 86th race putting him third on the all-time wins list, I was half-hoping he might surpass Pearson's 105 next. He can still do it by averaging about 4 wins per year for 5 years..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

His 2011 season certainly made it seem like that was a reasonable goal. He's still got the ability for sure, but some of these new-school aero rules have cramped his old-school style a bit, I think. His wreck at the Glen is a prime example of that - at a spot where he once could whip out and make a pass (at the top of the esses), the air took over and he just lost it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm definitely getting old when Gordon's driving style is considered "old school."