TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32 33 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll never understand why NASCAR will end the race instantly for crashes on the backstretch or turn 3-4. It's over a mile away from the finish line. You can't tell me the drivers aren't able to slow down to a safe speed in time by the time they get back around.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:25 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Temiree wrote:
I'll never understand why NASCAR will end the race instantly for crashes on the backstretch or turn 3-4. It's over a mile away from the finish line. You can't tell me the drivers aren't able to slow down to a safe speed in time by the time they get there.

I always get the feeling that it's an instant reflex whenever something like that happens anywhere on the final lap. The 3 seconds rule should count for cautions as well

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:25 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Temiree wrote:
I'll never understand why NASCAR will end the race instantly for crashes on the backstretch or turn 3-4. It's over a mile away from the finish line. You can't tell me the drivers aren't able to slow down to a safe speed in time by the time they get there.

Ambulances aren't allowed on track under green conditions and those 30 seconds could be critical.
If it went to court. ...well, you can imagine the legal arguments

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Speedworx wrote:
BRING BACK THE TANDEM, FFS!

Knew the finish would be a letdown

I'm sorry that 25 cars didn't get wrecked and two people didn't get hurt for your entertainment.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Temiree wrote:
I'll never understand why NASCAR will end the race instantly for crashes on the backstretch or turn 3-4. It's over a mile away from the finish line. You can't tell me the drivers aren't able to slow down to a safe speed in time by the time they get back around.

Danica might not have been able to slow down in time.

Temiree wrote:

Just had the same conversation with my dad. Really, let them race back to the line on the last lap.

Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

The reason why the end of this race was a load of horse shit was because these cars are capable of racing in a pack, just everyone has to do it. These drivers drove scared and conservative at the end and we get blue balls the finish. I don't want to see that shit. There's a big difference between not being about to pass and not wanting to be able to pass. Fuck this fucking shit. Fuck this fuck it hard. Fuck making excuses for these sorry ass drivers. This was bullshit. It wasn't racing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:27 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Joe A wrote:
Speedworx wrote:

I'm sorry that 25 cars didn't get wrecked and two people didn't get hurt for your entertainment.

Can we all make a vow not to rise to him every week? :p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I thought the race was fine. I'm amazed that was only a 2 car crash on the final lap because I had a feeling it was going to be a big mess when I saw the Dillon slide back across the track. Unfortunately Mears had nowhere to go and his car became a giant spatula. Michael McDowell did a great job to miss that because he was right behind Mears when that happened. I can't believe Dillon was able to drive away from the wreck after the ride he took. Kudos to NASCAR for designing a safe car, it's amazing that Dillon's fuel cell didn't rupture after taking that kind of impact to the rear of the car.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 pm 

I thought it was a good race too. Maybe a bit disappointed about the yellow. They let them race back when the 500 was on between Kevin and Mark but they got a lot of complaints back then. Maybe simply make a rule for last lap crashes. Anyway, it wasn't such a big wildcard after all, now onto Martinsville.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tristar 7AT wrote:
The reason why the end of this race was a load of horse shit was because these cars are capable of racing in a pack, just everyone has to do it. These drivers drove scared and conservative at the end and we get blue balls the finish. I don't want to see that shit. There's a big difference between not being about to pass and not wanting to be able to pass. Fuck this fucking shit. Fuck this fuck it hard. Fuck making excuses for these sorry ass drivers. This was bullshit. It wasn't racing.

This. Kenseth's crew chief told him to wait for atleast a 5 car group on the inside line... well if everyone's waiting for a 5 car group, there isn't going to be a fucking 5 car group.

Basically 42 Greg Biffles out there today.

Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Temiree wrote:

Ambulances aren't allowed on track under green conditions and those 30 seconds could be critical.

Ahhh, understandable then. Considering Dillon drove away though, they hit the caution button way too early. =/

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
Joe A wrote:
Speedworx wrote:

Can we all make a vow not to rise to him every week? :p

How about you guys just ban the troll like you should?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Temiree wrote:

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Mears car was stopped against the wall. After the impact he had, it was hard to tell his condition at the time. Safety has to come before entertainment in these kinds of circumstances. Thankfully both drivers were OK after that.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes and it's just like old school plate racing in the fact that you know you're only going to get one shot to get it right. If you go with 3 to go and get shuffled game over. You wait for your best opportunity and you take it. I would think that is smart racing not a bunch of pussy ass drivers.

Site Admin
Site Admin

If you want four other guys to go with you ASK FOUR GUYS, don't just wait and see.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The body of the race was really good, I enjoyed it. The finish was a let down though.

And just FYI it's not the cars because they raced 3 wide mostly the entire time, it's the drivers that chose to ride single file.

If you're getting paid $100k for a 10th place finish why not just sit and wait for your paycheck?

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
Schumifan wrote:
Tristar 7AT wrote:

This. Kenseth's crew chief told him to wait for atleast a 5 car group on the inside line... well if everyone's waiting for a 5 car group, there isn't going to be a fucking 5 car group.

Basically 42 Greg Biffles out there today.

THIS

Gold Member
Gold Member

Tristar 7AT wrote:

That's a very good point. As the laps were winding down, I had my hands on my head wondering why nobody was making any moves, especially those in the single file, and outside of the top ten. I was literally thinking, "You guys were doing everything you could to get ahead with 20 laps to go, why are you single file with 4 laps to go?!" And now all those drivers who didn't bother making a move ended up staying where they were.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:34 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x167lkb_2013-nascar-sprint-cup-at-talladega-final-lap-crash-german_auto[/dailymotion]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32 33 Next