TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1533 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:13 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Claustrophobic wrote:
we need something like this in cup race :)

C'mon, man! There is not a lot of intrigue in who will trigger the big wreck on the final lap and who will survive it. I mean, some guys watch superspeedways only for WREX but it is much more in watching cars on tracks like Talladega. This is speed aesthetic in its original form, correct me if I'm wrong. These races shouldn't always be associated with the obligatory clusterfuck.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:48 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Japanese horror version:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

zippy wrote:
Max Gresham said Lofton was complaining of wrist pain, so that would be relieving to know that's all it is.

According to what I read on twitter, ESPN and Jim Utter are reporting that Justin Lofton broke his left thumb in the last lap crash. He was released from the hospital this evening.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:44 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tandem racing fucking sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

codename_47 wrote:
Sounds like a plan!

Wait.....its a long time until April.

Crapppppppppp

:p

No Speedweeks then?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:54 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Claustrophobic wrote:
we need something like this in cup race :)

Fuck off. Just...fuck off. If you actually watch these kind of races for the wrecks, just stop being a racing fan now. I like Talladega as much as the next guy, but I'd rather watch a boring single-file race than a tandem race with a retarded finish. Yes, it's a race to the line, but from what I see, NO ONE used their heads or common sense. I REALLY don't want to see someone severely injured...or worse.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:43 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

As much as the outrage over the finish is justified, we were about 500m from the greatest finish in history.
If they had made it over the line 3x3 everyone would be praising this race to high heaven.

Whatever series runs whatever package here, it's just Dega as hell.
You can't have the highs of amazing side by side finishes without the risks of the lows of the wreckfests, it's part of the magic of this place.

At least they waited until they were near the line on the wf lap and we only got 1stupid wreck instead of 3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The thing that annoys me is that all these wrecks could be avoided if drivers just chilled the fuck out on the last lap and used their heads. It's usually always caused by one driver making a dumb move - Stewart throwing that stupid block on Mikey last year, Edwards throwing a block on Kes, Regan Smith throwing a block on Kes at Daytona, Paludo slamming into the back of Jeb Burton last night. The list goes on. They don't do these dumbass moves for 99% of the race, because funnily enough, they don't want to wreck. So why do they suddenly decide it's ok to drive like a tit and wreck the field on the final lap? You expect this kind of stuff on iRacing, not from supposed professionals.

The worst thing is they'll then bitch and moan at NASCAR that the track and the racing is all too dangerous and "something needs to be done". You might get a half-assed apology but then they'll just go out and do the same thing next time. Of course this kind of racing provides more potential for this kind of thing to happen, but it is possible to race hard, clean and sensibly. We've seen it enough times before. If the drivers don't feel they can get to the end of one of these races without sperging out and sending a car into the fence, then maybe they should think twice before getting behind the wheel.

tl;dr drivers need to drive better

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumifan wrote:
The thing that annoys me is that all these wrecks could be avoided if drivers just chilled the fuck out on the last lap and used their heads. It's usually always caused by one driver making a dumb move - Stewart throwing that stupid block on Mikey last year, Edwards throwing a block on Kes, Regan Smith throwing a block on Kes at Daytona, Paludo slamming into the back of Jeb Burton last night. The list goes on. They don't do these dumbass moves for 99% of the race, because funnily enough, they don't want to wreck. So why do they suddenly decide it's ok to drive like a tit and wreck the field on the final lap? You expect this kind of stuff on iRacing, not from supposed professionals.

The worst thing is they'll then bitch and moan at NASCAR that the track and the racing is all too dangerous and "something needs to be done". You might get a half-assed apology but then they'll just go out and do the same thing next time. Of course this kind of racing provides more potential for this kind of thing to happen, but it is possible to race hard, clean and sensibly. We've seen it enough times before. If the drivers don't feel they can get to the end of one of these races without sperging out and sending a car into the fence, then maybe they should think twice before getting behind the wheel.

tl;dr drivers need to drive better

It's the last lap. Everyone wants to win. You don't get anywhere by being content to run 10th.

Can't say I'm a fan of tandem racing. The 4 wide finish in the Cup race a few years ago never really excited me and the only thing tandem racing does is guarantee one of three things for a driver, eiether A, you'll be shoving someone else across the finish line, B. You're gonna be in the wall, or C. You're going to be the guy that piles into a crash ahead of you at 20-25 mph faster than you would've had there just been a large pack.

I figure today's race will be 160 laps of racing followed by 30 laps of DERP(I'm figuring at least one GWC).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jeff wrote:
It's the last lap. Everyone wants to win. You don't get anywhere by being content to run 10th.

I get that. But these guys are meant to be good. And good racing drivers are meant to realise that driving into things won't help them win. Had Paludo been a bit less aggressive yesterday he'd probably have finished 8th, rather than upside down, on fire, and with half his roof caved in.

See Mark Martin and Kevin Harvick at the 2007 Daytona 500 for an example of two drivers doing everything they can to win without crashing into things.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Starlancer wrote:
Fuck this retarded tandem racing. It needs to END.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:48 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Well, with any luck that's what nascar have been testing recently.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumifan wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I get that. But these guys are meant to be good. And good racing drivers are meant to realise that driving into things won't help them win. Had Paludo been a bit less aggressive yesterday he'd probably have finished 8th, rather than upside down, on fire, and with half his roof caved in.

True, but I think that all goes out the window when they see the white flag. I wonder how much the spotters/team influence guys to go after it.

Schumifan wrote:
See Mark Martin and Kevin Harvick at the 2007 Daytona 500 for an example of two drivers doing everything they can to win without crashing into things.

True, that was before the tandem racing though. My favorite plate finish is probably the one at the 2001 Talladega 500. No cautions, four wide for third, with Hamilton working his way up at the end.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought that a lot of the race was quite good, until the final few laps. I think today's race will be better. We saw at the last Dega race that you could give a good shove to the car in front, but I don't remember seeing much tandem crap.

I don't really blame anyone for the wreck yesterday either. I assume that you really can't see anything if you're pushing. It's a product of the tandem racing, and I don't know how many more retarded finishes it'll take before it's changed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lots of guys in the trucks were doing tandems for the first time..hence the cluster fuck last lap. I expect if there is any kinda tandems in Cup it'll work out better. But seem those cars can barely suck up. Just hopin' it's not another Kenseth stink show 95% of the race.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:31 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Only 89 more pages to go

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

iono, maybe I am being a bit harsh. I just feel like the drivers can get away with a lot more stupid shit at Talladega by blaming it on the track and the racing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumifan wrote:
iono, maybe I am being a bit harsh. I just feel like the drivers can get away with a lot more stupid shit at Talladega by blaming it on the track and the racing.

I somewhat agree with this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

We are going to do a little NR2003 fun racing before the dega race.

Here is what you need.

Updated Dega's
http://www.mediafire.com/download/baeii ... H_Dusk.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/33ahw ... 1990v2.rar

http://bigdonlinemotorsports.com/Sprintcupseries.html

This mod with the CTS physics version.

Server will be up soon at this IP 98.193.121.224

Post in the NR2003 Fun Racing thread if you have any questions

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1533 Next