TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 2848 Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:21 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

"Unprofessional series BTCC" :lol:

Putting on my BTCC sponsored shades because it's future is so bright it's blinding.

Only slight cloud on the horizon is the whole mess with Dunlop and the possible negative publicity that might throw over the championship.

But the way it's going they could probably switch Dunlop and a few other tyre manufacturers would be banging down their door.

BTCC 2014, it's going to be mega.

Meanwhile: Yvan Muller 2014 WTCC champion :p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:55 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

This is how BTCC should be.

Have to say, that comments such as "LOL BTCC is unprofessional" now, taking digs at those who did call it unprofessional years ago is a bit old and low already. The series has changed quite drastically in the last couple of years, with this season being the biggest step for quite a while.

Now if we could get James Thompson to return, and maybe Rickard Rydell, then we'd be all set.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Great news!!! Just need Thompson , Muller and Huff back now!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:44 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

BTCC just earned a new fan for 2014 :flag:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sounds like WSR are going to (tentatively going) announce their line-up tomorrow or Friday. It's currently looking like Turkington, Collard and a another.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Also, the first episode in the Touring Car Legends series is to be shown tonight at 8pm on ITV 4.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:02 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ellis wrote:
This is how BTCC should be.

Have to say, that comments such as "LOL BTCC is unprofessional" now, taking digs at those who did call it unprofessional years ago is a bit old and low already. The series has changed quite drastically in the last couple of years, with this season being the biggest step for quite a while.

Now if we could get James Thompson to return, and maybe Rickard Rydell, then we'd be all set.

It was just sneering elitism by those who think the championship NEEDED manufacturers.
It's nice that the series is getting the recognition it deserved but it's not like the crowds, quality of racing or TV Coverage declined without them.
If anything the series decline can be put down to Gow's absence and the rules of the 2000s rather than anything to do with manufacturer input or not.

I'm happy enough without them, as soon as they turn up they start dicking around with team orders and questionable cars for the rules, etc, so I'm happy with it the way it is tbh.

Also the only people that were really sniping were on the WTCC payroll so make of that what you will.

Anyway, ITV4 Legends show is on, I'm shhhhhing now.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kart99 wrote:
Also, the first episode in the Touring Car Legends series is to be shown tonight at 8pm on ITV 4.

Did anyone else watch this? I enjoyed it, good to see some archive footage though it was a shame there wasn't any footage of the race Spice described with Walkinshaw. Not sure Needell was the best choice of narrator, think Ryder could have been better, would also rather they didn't tell us what was coming up before each break. Overall though a good effort and I'm looking forward to parts 2 and 3.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:50 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

gd49 wrote:
kart99 wrote:

Did anyone else watch this? I enjoyed it, good to see some archive footage though it was a shame there wasn't any footage of the race Spice described with Walkinshaw. Not sure Needell was the best choice of narrator, think Ryder could have been better, would also rather they didn't tell us what was coming up before each break. Overall though a good effort and I'm looking forward to parts 2 and 3.

That's just TV these days, best satirised by Mitchell and Webb in the Gift Shop Sketch

[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFtl2XXnUc[/youtubeidiot]

But this was a great look back at the origins of the BTCC, lots of stuff I didn't know.
And I imagine it's only going to get better over the next 2 weeks ;)

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:06 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

codename_47 wrote:
It was just sneering elitism by those who think the championship NEEDED manufacturers.

Wat. No it's not. I was the one on here who said BTCC was less professional than WTCC, and it had literally NOTHING to do with manufacturers. It was to do with standards overall, more specifically driving. And that was the times when Rob 'Legend' Austin was still power sliding his Audi for fun, and Thorne spun TWICE under SC in one race. I made the point that you wouldn't see such a thing in WTCC and the standards were more professional, even if the series was significantly worse. And my point got completely ignored and turned around into "LOL someone said WTCC is better", which it wasn't at all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No, they don't spin under the SC in the WTCC.

They completely ignore it and plow into the accident that caused it in the first place.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

WSR announcement about to happen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:49 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

gd49 wrote:
kart99 wrote:

My only gripe is that they squeezed almost the entire multi-class era into one programme, as I feared they'd do. It should have been covered by at least two programmes with the split between 1973 & 74 due to the change in regulations and the almost completely different line-up of drivers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Still no news from WSR. So much for the announcement occurring 'soon'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:34 pm 

WSR on Twitter

Quote:
Driver decision to be made between a couple of exceptional drivers. A few days for the announcement yet! #BTCC #V8Supercars #worththewait

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:48 pm 

Interesting, especially the V8 Supercar tag...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:49 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ellis wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Wat. No it's not. I was the one on here who said BTCC was less professional than WTCC, and it had literally NOTHING to do with manufacturers. It was to do with standards overall, more specifically driving. And that was the times when Rob 'Legend' Austin was still power sliding his Audi for fun, and Thorne spun TWICE under SC in one race. I made the point that you wouldn't see such a thing in WTCC and the standards were more professional, even if the series was significantly worse. And my point got completely ignored and turned around into "LOL someone said WTCC is better", which it wasn't at all.

Oh, I had no idea you'd posted about it, Ellis.

When I said that initially it was a tounge in cheek dig at Constanduros and his sycophants constant sneering on Twitter over the BTCC.

Lets face it, both series have the cream of the championship at the front then the slightly more amateur drivers towards the rear.
You can point to the mistakes made by the back end of the grid in either series to try and cast it in a negative light.
What I didn't like was people on the WTCC payroll attacking the gentlemen drivers of the BTCC as if they weren't worthy of being on a racetrack.
A) WTCC doesn't just have professional drivers either, B) There are many championships out there were professional and gentlemen drivers share the same racetrack C)Judging by the documentary on ITV4, Gentlemen drivers are the lifeblood of the series and the professional drivers being around are only a relatively recent phenomenon
It's actually very comforting as a BTCC fan to know that, whatever happens, Championship strength wise, the BTCC will always be around, professional drivers or Gentlemen.

Anyway, as I say I wasn't aware you'd presented such views yourself, so sorry if it came across as a personal attack.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

pimmy wrote:
Interesting, especially the V8 Supercar tag...

Would that be a driver from V8s or WSR going over to V8s?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:56 pm 

Well, it won't be the latter. V8 Supercar have already published their entry list.

Dick Bennetts is a Kiwi remember, so I imagine he probably has connections down-under.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So a V8 driver, interesting.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 2848 Next