TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:30 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

kals wrote:
And besides, 1-2-1 contact doesn't mean the marshalls weren't trying to tell Mark not to go back onto the race track. For all we know, as he tried going back on to the course a number of marshalls could have been calling / ushering Mark to come back...?

Thinking about it more, Mark saying he had no interaction with the marshals makes it worse. He made no attempt to make sure it was ok to enter the track, by speaking to the guys in charge of circuit safety at that point?

Marks pretty quick to bitch and moan about rookies making mistakes. Maybe he should use some of the supposed grit and man up and accept that he fucked up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:09 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

kals wrote:
I'm puzzled by Coulthard's comments. What incidents have Maldonado and Grosjean been involved in this year which are worthy of multiple reprimand? This is 2013, not 2012.

Coulthard rushing in to defend his old buddy webber isn't surprising.

But he should remember that when Mark was in his Jaguar days he had quite the reputation for a bit of stern blocking and aggressive on-track behaviour, I remember particularly one Bahrain race where his racecraft was called into question.
And he wasn't the first person to win a race after taking a drive through for no reason...

So while trying to defend his old pal he should remember that perhaps Mark has more in common with those he groups Mark with than he realises.
Indeed, compared to similar stages of their careers, he might even have had a worse rep.

Still, I like Mark, the ultimate professional, you don't get any BS with him and I think January 1st 2014 (assuming that's when his RB contract ends) is going to be a very interesting date indeed.
If I was a journalist I'd be booking him in now, I'm sure he'll have a lot of interesting stories to tell as soon as he's out of contract ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think the fact that we're still talking about this right now means that F1 seriously needs to get more interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wake me up when Ellis says anything positive about Webber or anything negative about Vettel.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:01 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:

Still, I like Mark, the ultimate professional, you don't get any BS with him and I think January 1st 2014 (assuming that's when his RB contract ends) is going to be a very interesting date indeed.
If I was a journalist I'd be booking him in now, I'm sure he'll have a lot of interesting stories to tell as soon as he's out of contract ;)

He's already started dropping hints about how bad the relationship with Vettel is, will definitely be looking out for interviews with him next year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:35 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Philthy82 wrote:
Wake me up when Ellis says anything positive about Webber or anything negative about Vettel.

The day Vettel runs over an active race track is the day I say he needs reprimanded. But you'll ignore that anyway. And if the best Webber fans can do is come up with examples from 20 years ago to show why it's ok, then that's the definition of desperate.

Just for context, I also criticised Bruno Senna for running down the pit lane during WEC. He was also called to the stewards and reprimanded. Funny that.

Don't run on race tracks kids.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:37 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Some nice related pictures:

http://www.gpupdate.net/nl/f1-fotos/100 ... -1/?page=1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:58 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

my 2 favorites

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:22 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

honestly, I don't get the fuzz. Webber was given a reprimand for the incident. The fact that he already had two reprimands in place means the grid penalty is justified.

Besides, it's abundantly clear that hitching a ride is illegal and warrants a reprimand. If taking a flag in the cockpit post-race is, then naturally taking on a living human being would also be.

I think it's also clear to us that possibilities of a fatal crash happening in F1 are reduced to 'freak circumstances'. A driver climbing out of his car and being collected by another would be one of those. But also what Webber did would qualify under that. As the guy who needs to promote safety, I find his conduct despicable.

May I also rise a somewhat controversial point? To me it seems that Webber is on-track buddy with Alonso. If behind him, he'd not attack him. If in front and Alonso makes a move, he will defend, but not extremely hard. I know you may counter me with Spa 2012, but that was last year.

---
anyway, for Korea, I'd imagine the strategy is for him to pit on lap 1 and continue on the harder compound tyres on a free track. See how far he gets and stop for the softer tyre if necessary on the last stint.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:48 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Scotty wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

Wake me up when he says anything positive about anything. He is a miserable old man. Don't give any credence to anything he says.

The irony here is so amazing I could bottle it and sell it on eBay. For a guy who deliberately goes around baiting people then reporting them when you disagree with them, those are some mighty fine words. I'm far from the only one criticizing Webber for this incident, and I somehow don't think it's a coincidence that the 2 people rigorously defending the Australia driver are sitting with Australian flags in their profile. Not the first time either, as Riccardo was overwhelmingly voted Farce of the Race earlier this year, only to be defended by Australias.

So go on, tell me why Webber deserves praise this year. I see a couple of decent drives in an otherwise mediocre season. I see ignoring yellow flags and running on an active race track. So yeah...what exactly has Webber done that deserves praise guys? Or should I just praise him to balance out that I praise Vettel. You know, the guy leading the championship and deserving the praise he's getting?

The only thing I can think of is calling out the fans who were booing a man he REALLY doesn't like. It'd have been very easy of him to laugh at that, but he went above that and said it wasn't acceptable, despite it being against someone he really can't stand. That does take a big man, and I said that at the time. But I assume the Australians ignored that because it doesn't fit with the idea of everyone is picking on poor Mark.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:54 pm 

the high of Mark Webber's 2013 season was the announcement of his retirement.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Webber and Alonso took basic safety for granted with their actions on Sunday, which is ironic considering in the 50-ish laps before that incident and in every race they take big risks. The examples people are giving are 20-30 years out of date, and the perception of safety and acceptable risks have changed massively in that time.

Had Alonso and Webber conducted the pick-up in a safe manner and not in the middle of the track on the exit of a blind corner, this would be a nothing event and we'd ONLY be discussing the taxi ride. But they took basic safety for granted. End of. There is nothing else to discuss or argue.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
He could get out of the car on lap 1, take a dump in his hands and throw it at his rivals and we'll love him for it

Yeah but he'd probably get a reprimand for that ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:41 pm 

phil1993 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
He could get out of the car on lap 1, take a dump in his hands and throw it at his rivals and we'll love him for it

Yeah but he'd probably get a reprimand for that ;)

or a grid dump.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:53 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Scotty wrote:
99.9% of this member base would report me, would report you, would report someone with 2 posts if they were called a C U Next Tuesday!. There's baiting someone, there's disagreeing with someone's opinion, then there is calling someone the worst thing you can call them. I still believe I was right, and hey, there is something called being stubborn and it's not a bad thiong. Just because you can't sway me over to your side of the argument doesn't mean I should be called a baiting troll or a C U Next Tuesday!. You know the phrase agree to disagree? Clearly not. I made an argument, someone you supported called me a C U Next Tuesday! without giving me any counter arguments or even dissected my opinions, life goes on. Water off a ducks back for me.

So what you're saying is it's fine to disagree until it's taken to a personal level, right? Well you and your mate here were the ones who did that. I NEVER once attacked you or anybody else until that, YOU were the one who took it personal with Philthy. So don't bring this "it's fine to disagree" bullshit here. You took it personal, and now you're crying that it is.

Scotty wrote:
When did we ever praise him? We are talking about an isolated incident to do with the FIA. We aren't talking about driver vs. driver, team vs. team. We are talking about an organisation. Why would you even take the argument in this direction? Webber's performance throughout the year hasn't been even mentioned by anyone recently. Unless you're trying to troll us.

You and Philthy (and I lump you together since you said "we" and not "I") were the one wanting some sort of highlight when I praised Webber. I'm asking when he deserved it. Of course I highlighted a point where I did, and it was ignored.

Scotty wrote:
Fact of the matter is, you and I are the most opinionated members of this forum and you need to learn to disagree with what I say, and just move the fuck on, not throw all your toys out of the fucking pram, go off on wild tangents when people disagree with you.

I was disagreeing with you just fine. In fact, quite a lot of people were. Again, you took it to a personal level. You and Philthy. If you have a problem with what I post, then report it. But then again, you only use the report system once you've caused the issues in the first place.

Quote:
I've known you around this forum for 6 or 7 years, if not more, and I rarely ever see you positive about anything. You must live a miserable existence.

Selective reading of course, but hey, we could disagree on that, until you take it to a personal level. I'm one of the few members who actually backed your return too, because I actually enjoyed the discussions. That's the last you'll hear from me on that subject, because you've proven me wrong when I backed your return.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:44 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

this is amazing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No, this is amazing - https://twitter.com/GrandPrixDiary/stat ... 64/photo/1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wouldn't expect anything less from Heart. More music variety my arse.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

F1's got nothing to do with girly shit, so of course Heart are going to be clueless.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:14 pm 

kals wrote:

Twitter sure isn't amazing, pic hasn't loaded after 2 mins...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next