TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 34 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
Mattzel89 wrote:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14exjl_sebastian-vettel-extended-team-radio-2013-italian-grand-prix_auto

"We can send the Hoff up but he is not part of the team" :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Proper chuva here now. God damn it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:17 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

First 3 laps+final 12 laps=good race.

The rest, 0/10

Still, F1's weird sometimes, even during a shit race you get one of the passes of the year, so kudos for that, Fernando :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Di Resta given a reprimand for his incident.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gaara wrote:
Di Resta given a reprimand for his incident.

Reprimands so far this year (3 gives 10-place penalty)
Webber 2 (collision, too fast under yellows)
Räikkönen 1 (too fast under SC)
Rosberg 1 (too fast under yellows)
Hamilton 1 (illegal pit entry)
di Resta 1 (collision)
Sutil 1 (unnecessarily slow in pit entry)
Bottas 1 (too fast under yellows)
Pic 1 (unsafely rejoining the track )
Bianchi 1 (missed weight check)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:04 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

did we get a safety car in any of the support races? If not, when was the last time that happened?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:22 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

I don't know about your rain reports, but the only two showers that I spotted on the sight was 30 minutes before the start, lasted for five minutes, then another one at 6pm local time, which was way more heavier, the one you would have wanted to see during the race to make it interesting. That did not happen, now we have thunder storms here.

Anyways, I learned a lot about Formula One this weekend, since it was my first time on the track. The news flash: "TV ruins F1". I mean, there's so many reasons to say that:

- Backfiring is not something you can hear in TV
- Driving lines does vary a lot, for everyone and for everylap, you can't spot that all the time
- Athmosphere, everyone in the grandstand is a one big family. I was sitting between Swedes, Spanish Alonso fans, French Renault fans, Tifosi, Austrian Red Bull fans and Finns from another parts of our country. We all came a long perfectly and had good times. I'm no longer "Anti"-anyone.
- Basically I had the world feed available all the time, not as great as in my living room, but then again the cars went between the sofa an the TV on every lap.
- You get to walk on the track afterwards.

I love it! Even more than ever before! 8)

Grazie miglia! :flag:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:50 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Lol. the problem with attending a GP is that once you do, watching it on a tv is super super lame in comparison.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:16 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Please don't try to decry one of the only high points of the race (and tbh, I'd say one of the passes of the season so far )

If Webber just pulled over for his dinner date then I'd knock a couple of points off this race :p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:34 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

3,000th post, had to be a great one ! :)

JJ wrote:
Mr Bean is about to sneeze: Highlight of the race.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:01 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

F1_Fan_1993 wrote:
did we get a safety car in any of the support races? If not, when was the last time that happened?

yep GP3 Race 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's taken all season, but I thought Chilton had a good race. He followed his team mate all race long for once.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
Anyone else suspicious about Webber's move? I thought he gave up the place a little too easy. Maybe he just got completely out skilled (probably) but I thought he could have pushed him harder and not left a door open to his right. Also could have tried harder to get him later in the race.

Maybe he has given up already?

Probably not but I'll stir the pot anyway.
He was a lot slower than he should have been through that corner. It was like he thought Alonso was completely beside him. Really he could have taken the corner as normal and Alonso would have had to back off. I also find it a little suspicious that he was in DRS range of Alonso for such a long time yet couldn't get a pass on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

NVirkkula wrote:
I don't know about your rain reports, but the only two showers that I spotted on the sight was 30 minutes before the start, lasted for five minutes, then another one at 6pm local time, which was way more heavier, the one you would have wanted to see during the race to make it interesting. That did not happen, now we have thunder storms here.

Anyways, I learned a lot about Formula One this weekend, since it was my first time on the track. The news flash: "TV ruins F1". I mean, there's so many reasons to say that:

- Driving lines does vary a lot, for everyone and for everylap, you can't spot that all the time
- Athmosphere, everyone in the grandstand is a one big family. I was sitting between Swedes, Spanish Alonso fans, French Renault fans, Tifosi, Austrian Red Bull fans and Finns from another parts of our country. We all came a long perfectly and had good times. I'm no longer "Anti"-anyone.
- Basically I had the world feed available all the time, not as great as in my living room, but then again the cars went between the sofa an the TV on every lap.

that's the thing i like the most about motorracing: it's not like football where the other team supporters are your enemies, where it can end in a fight, it's just one big family speaking a lot of languages and coming from a lot of different places watching the show. And even if you assist at an overtake or your driver ram out another driver it never end in a fight or an argue between the spectators. And that's remarkable considering than most of them are usually drunk :D

and i think it's even better with minor racing, like GT racing, WTCC, or national races, cause you can literally go anywhere. I've been to a f1 Gp, you got to stick to your place, cant move around that much, paddocks are closed, drivers are almost inaccessible. You go to a race like WTCC that is a quite big event and you can go to the paddock, and drivers stop for a chit chat and you can go around all the track and sit wherever you want. And when the race day is over, like saturday evening, you can roam around in box or into the pitlane and nobody cares. And it's really cheap. I think it's even more fun than a F1 race.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, such an amazing place. The fans pack the paddock entrance for autographs - Webber was being really dutiful in signing them.

Podium celebrations rock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:30 pm 

NVirkkula wrote:

Ditto this, was sat at the end of the Pit Straight at the braking point for T1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:16 pm 
Permabanned

This Red Bull only for the Italian market or not? :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:22 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

They are world wide. Red is cranberry in the UK.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

In Portugal it's wild fruit flavour. It's been around for a while now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:07 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

cambridge wrote:
that's the thing i like the most about motorracing: it's not like football where the other team supporters are your enemies, where it can end in a fight, it's just one big family speaking a lot of languages and coming from a lot of different places watching the show. And even if you assist at an overtake or your driver ram out another driver it never end in a fight or an argue between the spectators. And that's remarkable considering than most of them are usually drunk :D

and i think it's even better with minor racing, like GT racing, WTCC, or national races, cause you can literally go anywhere. I've been to a f1 Gp, you got to stick to your place, cant move around that much, paddocks are closed, drivers are almost inaccessible. You go to a race like WTCC that is a quite big event and you can go to the paddock, and drivers stop for a chit chat and you can go around all the track and sit wherever you want. And when the race day is over, like saturday evening, you can roam around in box or into the pitlane and nobody cares. And it's really cheap. I think it's even more fun than a F1 race.

During the whole weekend, we did not see any incident anywhere. And I don't think people were drunk either, at least if you compare to any Finnish rock festival. I did not see anyone soiling himself, no one was passed out and no one was dropping his wallet on every second step. Only few people were taking number one in the bushes. I've seen so much worse in my hometown in any given weekend and the worst things happen during the big party days. And at Monza there was more than ten times more people than in any festivals I've ever been. To be honest, I was ashamed only two times. During the German anthem, one italian guy thought it was funny to put his right hand in certain gesture and he was talking something about fascism - no one was amused around him. The other time was an hour after the race when I saw a pack of fellow Finns laying on the grass in front of a Monza pub, obviously intoxicated. Not bad, but we were laughing that this is the easiest way to spot Finns in anywhere.

DanSN117 wrote:
Ditto this, was sat at the end of the Pit Straight at the braking point for T1

Not so far away from us, we were in Prima Variante grandstand 8. :thumbsup:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 34 Next