TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2274 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18114 Next

?
Toyota 30%  30%  [ 16 ]
:joest: 70%  70%  [ 38 ]
Total votes: 54
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:02 pm 

Pole, so far, shown onboard was great from them again. I stay tuned untill the end hoping for that :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:47 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

deggis wrote:
Artur Craft & codename_47:

Try the VLC links once again, but change the bitrate part in the link. Alternatives are:

Also found a HD link for ES UK 1, update in 1st post :p

Can this be added to the first post please, this will get lost soon enough. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:22 am 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Fabs wrote:
CCTV, that was lol

:wave:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:57 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Krohn are getting a new chassis from Michelotto. They hope to get it ready for the night session this evening.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Judging from the movements from the rain radars, I think Q2 will be wet. Q3 I think could be wet, but mostly dry I think.

For the weekend, it looks like showers now and then.

It could make an interesting race. Just hope there won't be a red flag for an hour for each crash that happens...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:04 pm 

That depends on the accidents of course. If barriers are hit and damaged, I don't think they should take risks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

StanV wrote:
That depends on the accidents of course. If barriers are hit and damaged, I don't think they should take risks.

I agree 100%, but the 2nd red flag yesterday did took a long, very long time. You would imagine that they have some kind of system where these barriers can easily be replaced or fixed?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:58 pm 

StanV wrote:
Krohn are getting a new chassis from Michelotto. They hope to get it ready for the night session this evening.

Pics from them starting to work on it: https://twitter.com/KrohnRacing

JMW is waiting for parts that are currently being manufactured in Italy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The barriers around Lemans are old school Armco. You bend or break one of the posts holding the barrier up and you have to rip that out and sink in a new one. That's very time consuming.

When Rocky crashed wasn't it like a 2 hour safety car period to put back the 150 or so feet of barrier he demolished?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think, 24 heures du mans being the biggest sport event in Europe, they should perhaps invest a little bit in more modern armco barriers or safety bariers at some points.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It is still beyond me why for god sake they are not offering full coverage of the entire circuit during the practices and qualifyings!? I mean the cameras around the track are all set up already, why not operating it?? Or at least give us some static images. It is the year 2013 and they have to rely on CCTV cameras...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:00 pm 

aerogi wrote:
I think, 24 heures du mans being the biggest sport event in Europe, they should perhaps invest a little bit in more modern armco barriers or safety bariers at some points.

I don't know if they have budget for that. It can be Europe's biggest sport event because 250k people go watch it live, but the tickets are quite cheap and the interest isn't much more than those who actually are there live and some more thousands watching it on tv

AFAIR, even you once claimed that Le Mans have very little repercution in Belgium while F1 have plenty. We're in football off season and still, I don't know if this race will get much of "casual viewer" attention.

Sports like cycling, tennis, rugby have much more audience in the continent, doesn't it?

So, considering, how low priced the tickets are, the not so big tv deals and sponsors being restricted to companies which are part of the event itself(such as Michelin, Dunlop etc), I would guess there isn't much money left to bigger investments in "infrastructure"(for lack of a better term) once you subtract the amount of money ACO distributes, in prizes, to competitors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's what I always wonder when they do other improvements to the track... how are these supposed to stop even little bit airborne cars anyway? Really high modern barriers (like in some parts already) would ruin some of the allure/fascination though, not the mention the scenery, so I'm not really advocating that, just more just amazed how the barriers are still like this:

Last edited by deggis on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:08 pm 

Echti wrote:
It is still beyond me why for god sake they are not offering full coverage of the entire circuit during the practices and qualifyings!? I mean the cameras around the track are all set up already, why not operating it?? Or at least give us some static images. It is the year 2013 and they have to rely on CCTV cameras...

This was already explained by Eurosport(UK) commentators, yesterday.

They said, just like Monaco, after practices and qualifying, the streets are public again and normal traffic have free access. They didn't install the HD cameras, cables and etc on places where it's open again after the sessions. Only on "closed parts" of the circuit that they already fitted the professional cameras.

It was also said that something like a total of 46 cameras will cover the race but the remaining ones will only be installed once the circuit will be all closed for the public.

They even made a joke with Liverpool city about it. They said something like: "you know, this isn't Liverpool but these things like cameras tend to disappear if you leave them by themselves on a public area".

If their explanation is bullshit or not, I don't know. I'm just reporting what was said. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sounds plausible. I thought the circuit would be completely closed whole week though :o

Still doesn't explain why the beep they shut down most of the cameras during race night too. I've read guesses relating to French work time laws or something... solution is not then to hire more camera men?

Last edited by deggis on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:15 pm 

They showed very short footage of the Porsche Curves and the exit of Tertre Rouge yesterday, so at least those cameras were running, even though they say that they're not. Probably the ones around the chicanes are only connected on Friday evening, I can understand that.

About the armcos: I think the main reason is the fact they're using streets. Something must hinder them from installing eg. fences like the ones Monaco use.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:35 pm 

Eurosport commentators said that From Porsche Curves up untill Tertre Rouge, the cameras were already there ;)

deggis, StanV weren't you guys watching Eurosport(UK) coverage yesterday? I can understand Echti following German one, but is there a Finn/Belgian one?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:37 pm 
This place is Purile and Childish
This place is Purile and Childish

deggis wrote:
Sounds plausible. I thought the circuit would be completely closed whole week though :o

Still doesn't explain why the beep they shut down most of the cameras during race night too. I've read guesses relating to French work time laws or something... solution is not then to hire more camera men?

No, they close and open the roads 3 times each during Le Mans week. It costs almost €100k to the ACO to do this!
Here's a short video showing how they do it that was actually uploaded a couple hours ago.
[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlYdISZp5xo[/youtubeidiot]

Regarding night images, I don't know why they suck so much. I know there's a law that says that you can't work more than 11 or 12 consecutive hours, or something like that, but they could easily work around that. It's probably a combination of not caring and no monies.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:49 pm 

Artur Craft wrote:
Eurosport commentators said that From Porsche Curves up untill Tertre Rouge, the cameras were already there ;)

deggis, StanV weren't you guys watching Eurosport(UK) coverage yesterday? I can understand Echti following German one, but is there a Finn/Belgian one?

I get Eurosport Netherlands with Dutch or Belgian commentators, but I can always switch languages to English. Sometimes, like last night, I'm too lazy to do that :p

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Artur Craft wrote:
aerogi wrote:

I don't know if they have budget for that. It can be Europe's biggest sport event because 250k people go watch it live, but the tickets are quite cheap and the interest isn't much more than those who actually are there live and some more thousands watching it on tv

AFAIR, even you once claimed that Le Mans have very little repercution in Belgium while F1 have plenty. We're in football off season and still, I don't know if this race will get much of "casual viewer" attention.

Sports like cycling, tennis, rugby have much more audience in the continent, doesn't it?

So, considering, how low priced the tickets are, the not so big tv deals and sponsors being restricted to companies which are part of the event itself(such as Michelin, Dunlop etc), I would guess there isn't much money left to bigger investments in "infrastructure"(for lack of a better term) once you subtract the amount of money ACO distributes, in prizes, to competitors

True.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2274 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18114 Next