TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 164 65 66 67 6875 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
so when did they changed the concept of pure racing?

Lol F1 and pure racing. Theres a joke in there somewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:27 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ryan86 wrote:
Ferrari put all their eggs in Schumacher's basket. Ross Brawn issued an instruction to Irvine to stay behind an ailing Schumacher in France.Schumacher dropped his basket and broke his (l)eggs the following week. That 1 point lost there cost Irvine the World Championship.

(I'm half-expecting some people to come in and say they were glad it did because Irvine would have been a terrible champion)

Being outclassed and completely unable to drag himself into the fight at Suzuka had a bit to do with it too tho,.... :p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Soul Reaver wrote:
Yeah, after Silvertone 2011 that RBR showed how hypocrite they are. They do team orders when the drivers points are at stake only if it goes on favour of Vettel.

Except for today. And Brazil 2011. Selective

Agree.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

codename_47 wrote:
ryan86 wrote:
Ferrari put all their eggs in Schumacher's basket. Ross Brawn issued an instruction to Irvine to stay behind an ailing Schumacher in France.Schumacher dropped his basket and broke his (l)eggs the following week. That 1 point lost there cost Irvine the World Championship.

(I'm half-expecting some people to come in and say they were glad it did because Irvine would have been a terrible champion)

Being outclassed and completely unable to drag himself into the fight at Suzuka had a bit to do with it too tho,.... :p

Yep, Schuey had the last laugh when he refused to fight and pass Hakkinen at Suzuka which ultimately cost Irvine the championship. Whatever happened in France was meaningless.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 am 

ellis wrote:
Soul Reaver wrote:
Yeah, after Silvertone 2011 that RBR showed how hypocrite they are. They do team orders when the drivers points are at stake only if it goes on favour of Vettel.

Except for today. And Brazil 2011. Selective memory.

Driver's championship wasn't on the line anymore in Brazil 2011 so it's totally useless comparison. Like Schuey giving a win back to Rubens in Indianapolis when it was all done and dusted already too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The way I see it is this. Webber was pissed off because, had he known Vettel wasn't going to obey, he might have not let him close so much. He didn't necessarily need team orders to stay ahead - being told there were orders put him in a vulnerable situation. He proved in the second stint he could run the Prime competitively, and may have had a shot. Vettel's actions sucked as far as the team were concerned, but great for exciting viewing. Pretty ruthless and why he's the guy with three titles to his name.

It's easy to sympathise with Webber. He's a pretty straight-forward guy, decent on track and generally really likeable. Vettel is also pretty likeable off-circuit, but perhaps a little bit more niggly out on circuit. Am pretty sure, like Schumifan said, had the positions been reversed it would have been hailed as the great strike against Christian 'Dull' Horner and Helmut 'Twat' Marko's evil team order empire.

In the end though, who cares? It's great for us as it adds a real element of spice into the season. The Red Bull pairing have been threatening to fly apart at the seams for years now ever since Istanbul in 2010, and now it's happened again it could lead to some properly exciting situations this year. It more than likely won't of course - Webber will just accept and move on - but hey, it's stirred the pot.

Also, great to see my neighbours Marussia doing a good job. Well, the one that's driven by a proper racing driver with talent worthy of being in F1, that is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ryan86 wrote:
I'm half-expecting some people to come in and say they were glad it did because Irvine would have been a terrible champion)

Given the actual champion at that time, I can't see any difference about this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hakkinen was awesome, though. Spent years in average cars, almost died, came back as fast as he ever had been and then finally got a decent car and made hay.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Man, if only Marussia had kept Timo...

Would be a terrifying proposition for Williams, STR and Sauber in particular.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
Man, if only Marussia had kept Timo...

Yes, if only Marussia had kept Timo... then most of John Booth's employees would have had their P45s by now ;)

(and yes I know that's not the point you were making, which I actually agree with)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:40 am 

MaTT wrote:
The way I see it is this. Webber was pissed off because, had he known Vettel wasn't going to obey, he might have not let him close so much. He didn't necessarily need team orders to stay ahead - being told there were orders put him in a vulnerable situation. He proved in the second stint he could run the Prime competitively, and may have had a shot. Vettel's actions sucked as far as the team were concerned, but great for exciting viewing. Pretty ruthless and why he's the guy with three titles to his name.

It's easy to sympathise with Webber. He's a pretty straight-forward guy, decent on track and generally really likeable. Vettel is also pretty likeable off-circuit, but perhaps a little bit more niggly out on circuit. Am pretty sure, like Schumifan said, had the positions been reversed it would have been hailed as the great strike against Christian 'Dull' Horner and Helmut 'Twat' Marko's evil team order empire.

In the end though, who cares? It's great for us as it adds a real element of spice into the season. The Red Bull pairing have been threatening to fly apart at the seams for years now ever since Istanbul in 2010, and now it's happened again it could lead to some properly exciting situations this year. It more than likely won't of course - Webber will just accept and move on - but hey, it's stirred the pot.

Also, great to see my neighbours Marussia doing a good job. Well, the one that's driven by a proper racing driver with talent worthy of being in F1, that is.

I wonder if you'd be still lauding that spice when Vettel pulls a 2011 season deja vu and wraps up the title with several races to spare :lol: Besides, Marko and Horner would be nowhere without Newey's influence in first place so they deserve to sweat it out once for a change.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Except for today. And Brazil 2011. Selective memory.

Brazil 2011 there was nothing at stake

ellis wrote:
What a complete load of arse, lol.

"Hey Seb, put off your title charge. I know you've never won it before, but we're going to ask you not to win it because Mark is getting old."

Not only because he's getting old lol. He was with the team since the start, it is something. Just like Ferrari never fired Massa because he has done a lot for Ferrari. Just like in Tour de France Wiggins teammate was held up sometimes because Wiggins was the leaded and the veteran. I know RBR have Vettel as their #1, I just think that in the first season Webber should be #1 like it happened with that team at Tour de France. I really do. It's only and Arsehole opinion if you want to see it that way.

They always gave everything to Vettel, and now is just way to used to have everything lay out for him. I don't condem someone who has the will to win at all cost as I admired that in Schumacher and I love to see this will for the victory in all the F1 drivers who have it. But you don't have to cross the red line of sportsmanship and ethics to be a true champ.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 am 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

Vassago wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
ryan86 wrote:

Yep, Schuey had the last laugh when he refused to fight and pass Hakkinen at Suzuka which ultimately cost Irvine the championship. Whatever happened in France was meaningless.

Yep, but 1 more point anywhere in the season (which we can look at losing out to Gene, running off the road in Hungary etc), he would have only needed 2nd.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:17 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Whoa

[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykG06ixh92c[/youtubeidiot]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Now that was dangerous.

I suppose you only get in trouble if you hit the car a la Maldonado.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:53 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

On a side note, I thought the BBC's questions to them both were a lot more pressing than Sky's.
Funny how diplomatic DC is with it all though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:56 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Oops, that was a bit naughty by Webber. Love it when there is serious shit stirring in F1 though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motorspo ... 2gpas.html

May actually walk away this time. I doubt it though, and if so certainly not before the end of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:55 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well I wouldn't blame him for leaving RBR, since Horner already mentioned they are moving on now.

I can't believe that people are actually defending Vettel. I'm not a fan but I know he's a great driver and overall a lot better than Webber, but the first pitstop was too early which made this Webber's race.

I enjoyed watching the fight but this wasn't a fair fight, since Webber was cruising and could only defend himself when Vettel was already within a second of him. If he was aware of Vettel's intentions, would Vettel still be able to catch him? If so, then Vettel would deserve this victory but this isn't the case now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:11 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

maclauren wrote:
Whoa

[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykG06ixh92c[/youtubeidiot]

both in the wall and fight (would have been quite a scene)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 164 65 66 67 6875 Next