TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 6475 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:58 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The next race being 3 weeks away from now must be a great relief for RBR, they will have a lot of work to do in order to deal with this situation. It will be interesting to see how that will reflect on track performance and behaviour from both Vettel and Webber. Can't wait for China and the next chapter of this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Slam wrote:
Is it a case of Red Bull needs Vettel more than Vettel needs Red Bull? He wants to do whatever it takes to get another title, and it seems he doesn't care if he disobeys Red Bull's orders. What are they going to do about it? Show him the door? Doubt it.

I don't buy that. In the same way that Webber realises he'd be stupid to leave Red Bull for another team no matter how shitty they treat him, Vettel must look around and see how Ferrari and Mclaren have struggled to put races together without one major error while Red Bull has mostly run like a well-oiled machine over the past few years. A move from any team other than Red Bull is worth considering, but a move from Red Bull in the form they're in now would be pointless.

Performance cannot be the only thing that determines whether a driver stays at a team or not. The atmosphere must be right as well. For example, Lewis is better off at Mercedes not because of a faster car (although it is nice), but because of the atmosphere. If Mark is no longer happy at Red Bull, he should leave and go somewhere that's better for him.

On that note, does Whitmarsh want to talk about regret yet?

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:02 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

RtN wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
Slam wrote:
Is it a case of Red Bull needs Vettel more than Vettel needs Red Bull? He wants to do whatever it takes to get another title, and it seems he doesn't care if he disobeys Red Bull's orders. What are they going to do about it? Show him the door? Doubt it.

I don't buy that. In the same way that Webber realises he'd be stupid to leave Red Bull for another team no matter how shitty they treat him, Vettel must look around and see how Ferrari and Mclaren have struggled to put races together without one major error while Red Bull has mostly run like a well-oiled machine over the past few years. A move from any team other than Red Bull is worth considering, but a move from Red Bull in the form they're in now would be pointless.

Performance cannot be the only thing that determines whether a driver stays at a team or not. The atmosphere must be right as well. For example, Lewis is better off at Mercedes not because of a faster car (although it is nice), but because of the atmosphere. If Mark is no longer happy at Red Bull, he should leave and go somewhere that's better for him.

On that note, does Whitmarsh want to talk about regret yet?

But in Marks case, Red Bull is his best shot at a title. His career is coming to an end, purely due to age. When he can get the starts right, he can run at the front of any race he wants. His starts are essentially what cost him the last 2 titles, because they crippled every race. He can win a title at Red Bull, but it's questionable if he'd find a good seat elsewhere.

And people need to stop saying Red Bull screwed Webber today. Watch the interviews. They arranged for him to win. Vettel screwed Webber, not Red Bull.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
And people need to stop saying Red Bull screwed Webber today. Watch the interviews. They arranged for him to win. Vettel screwed Webber, not Red Bull.

This is correct.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Can't imagine Red Bull PRs Britta and Barbara arranging this again :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:06 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

whats the chance of Webber driving for Red Bull in 2014 now

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:07 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

mclaren2008 wrote:

about 100% if you ask me :p

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

He'll be there. He won't leave because there's no where else for him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
He'll be there. He won't leave because there's no where else for him.

Err, that's just a small huge amount of bullshit. To say there's nowhere else he'd be as competitive in would be more accurate.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Does he have a trauma for Le Mans? Otherwise he would be a perfect driver for Porsche next year IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:15 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyftmc_sep-2013-podium-interviews[/dailymotion]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:18 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I can't understand people are angry at Vettel. We had a very great race. And then after the 4th stop, both Red Bull and Mercedes are saying to their drivers to stop racing. That is not what we want to see. I have seen a great battle with Webber and Vettel. You can ask if it was fair, but I want to see great racing. And I don't want to see teams saying to their drivers at 75% of the race to stop racing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"I am not fine with it. No. That's the answer to that. Of course I ignored the team as I want to try and get another place" - Mark Webber, Silverstone 2011.

Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

it's like Button suddenly having a go at Hamilton (Istanbul 2010). Hamilton then turned the power back on for it not to happen, and that's what Webber should have done as well today.

IMO.

Last edited by Tobias on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Regiotap wrote:
I can't understand people are angry at Vettel. We had a very great race. And then after the 4th stop, both Red Bull and Mercedes are saying to their drivers to stop racing. That is not what we want to see. I have seen a great battle with Webber and Vettel. You can ask if it was fair, but I want to see great racing. And I don't want to see teams saying to their drivers at 75% of the race to stop racing.

This!

And all the fans who paid for the tickets in Malaysia.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wil Vincent wrote:
Sebastian Vettel issues an apology to Mark Webber: "I want to say sorry to Mark. He was trying to save the car and tyres, but I took a lot of risk in passing him when he was trying. I didn't ignore that, but I shouldn't have done it."

this is just making him look like an even bigger duche,after all easy to apologies AFTER the fact when the win can't be taken off you.I would have much more respect for Vettel if he just said " I was faster and took my shot". Fake apologies and getting out of the car and celebrating like a boss just make him look even more fake and petulant.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:37 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

At the end of the day when Webber ignores team orders he's just overcoming adversity and he team holding him back and it's put down to grit or some other bullshit. When Massa is held back we call think it's unfair. Seb did what Webber did in the past, and what we all wish Massa could do. I understand why some Webber fans might feel a little screwed, but this is motor racing, not stamp collecting. As Webber fans who preach grit and what not, it should be simple enough to understand.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:37 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:42 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

mclaren2008 wrote:

And what's the chance of Vettel driving for Red Bull next year? Actually I think probably likely, it will take a lot to break that relationship. They both realise they need each other...?

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:47 pm 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

Tobias wrote:
it's like Button suddenly having a go at Hamilton (Istanbul 2010). Hamilton then turned the power back on for it not to happen, and that's what Webber should have done as well today.

IMO.

I've been lurking through the whole thread, and this is the most measured and logical comment on the Webber/Vettel/RBR situation so far. I still reckon Webber got screwed, but it's true that he probably could've done more about it once he realised something was up. How many laps did it take for Vettel to close the gap?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 6475 Next