TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 159 60 61 62 6375 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Wil Vincent wrote:
Sebastian Vettel issues an apology to Mark Webber: "I want to say sorry to Mark. He was trying to save the car and tyres, but I took a lot of risk in passing him when he was trying. I didn't ignore that, but I shouldn't have done it."

I think it's what the team wants him to say. Of course he wanted that win.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ellis wrote:
Ok whilst we're discussing Red Bull, here's the rest of the things that happened.

Alonso and Ferrari cost themselves points by not pitting an obviously broken car. Whoever made that decision (presumably Alonso because the crew were in the pit lane) should have a fine from the FIA. That accident was always going to happen and he was lucky not to remove other cars through the stupidity.

Force India were beyond hilarious. And to continue the earlier discussion, I wasn't aware Paul was told not to pass Sutil at Albert Park. And then despite being forced to queue in the pits here, Paul still caught and passed Sutil in the race. I know Paul isn't setting the world alight, but I'm not seeing this out performance by Sutil that people keep talking about. Leading a race means nothing if your strategy is going to put you 10th at the end. And so far this season because of Force Indias failings, di Resta has been cost 6 points, and Sutil has been cost 2. That'll be an interesting stat to keep up with.

Hulk had a good race today, passing the man he replaced. JEV getting points was good too. Williams had a bit of a shocker. Bianchi a minute up the road from Chilton and had both Caterhams between them.

Sutil was very impressive considering the tyres he was driving on. His left rear had to have been beyond knackered when they pitted for the second time.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:46 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Is it a case of Red Bull needs Vettel more than Vettel needs Red Bull? He wants to do whatever it takes to get another title, and it seems he doesn't care if he disobeys Red Bull's orders. What are they going to do about it? Show him the door? Doubt it.

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:47 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Just get rid of Webber and draft Vergne already. There would be no BS like we had today since Vergne would have #2 clause written into his contract straight away.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post race victory photo has been cancelled.

God Complex Ahoy!
God Complex Ahoy!

I must say that Sky have been very good today.

Silver Member
Silver Member

StefMeister wrote:

Does that say a lot and has that happened before?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fermani2 wrote:
StefMeister wrote:

Does that say a lot and has that happened before?
Just confirms the obvious, All is not well within Red Bull.

Don't think the post race victory photo is an official FIA thing, Just something the teams usually like to do.

Last edited by StefMeister on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:51 am 

acopip wrote:
Vettel apologizes once more on RTL and said that he regrets it.

What a load of crap :lol: He doesn't regret it one bit IMO but Horner nad Marko were made look foolish by him and he was forced into saying this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What Vettel did was only "wrong" in the short term, in the sense that he made an agreement and then went against it. In the long term, he'll apologise to the team and Mark, it'll all blow over, he's walked away with maximum points and he's once again increased his mental upper-hand over Mark. IMO it's hard to say that's the wrong decision. It's the same ruthlessness that all the ridiculously successful drivers have.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:52 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

RtN wrote:
ellis wrote:
Ok whilst we're discussing Red Bull, here's the rest of the things that happened.

Alonso and Ferrari cost themselves points by not pitting an obviously broken car. Whoever made that decision (presumably Alonso because the crew were in the pit lane) should have a fine from the FIA. That accident was always going to happen and he was lucky not to remove other cars through the stupidity.

Force India were beyond hilarious. And to continue the earlier discussion, I wasn't aware Paul was told not to pass Sutil at Albert Park. And then despite being forced to queue in the pits here, Paul still caught and passed Sutil in the race. I know Paul isn't setting the world alight, but I'm not seeing this out performance by Sutil that people keep talking about. Leading a race means nothing if your strategy is going to put you 10th at the end. And so far this season because of Force Indias failings, di Resta has been cost 6 points, and Sutil has been cost 2. That'll be an interesting stat to keep up with.

Hulk had a good race today, passing the man he replaced. JEV getting points was good too. Williams had a bit of a shocker. Bianchi a minute up the road from Chilton and had both Caterhams between them.

Sutil was very impressive considering the tyres he was driving on. His left rear had to have been beyond knackered when they pitted for the second time.

But when they had fresh tyres right after the stops, di Resta went straight passed him after only a couple of laps. That doesn't seem that impressive to me. I'm not saying Sutil did badly, but it was blindingly obvious to me that this performance gap that people are seeing just isn't there, and both drivers were cost significant points finishes by the team again.

I'm keeping a Force India strategy log on another forum. After only 2 races they've already made several bad strategy calls. This is exactly why I've always said it's hard to judge Force Indias drivers on points - because they all lose so much to stupid issues.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watching the Vettel/Alonso collision, Surprising that broke the wing as i can remember front wings taking a bigger hit & surviving.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd like Webber to go out next race and just try to screw Vettel over :D

Alonso stayed out despite the team being ready with a nose :D What an idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:54 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Slam wrote:
Is it a case of Red Bull needs Vettel more than Vettel needs Red Bull? He wants to do whatever it takes to get another title, and it seems he doesn't care if he disobeys Red Bull's orders. What are they going to do about it? Show him the door? Doubt it.

I don't buy that. In the same way that Webber realises he'd be stupid to leave Red Bull for another team no matter how shitty they treat him, Vettel must look around and see how Ferrari and Mclaren have struggled to put races together without one major error while Red Bull has mostly run like a well-oiled machine over the past few years. A move from any team other than Red Bull is worth considering, but a move from Red Bull in the form they're in now would be pointless.

Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Still at #F1inPubs so not able to post my full thoughts but I'm just happy the result was decided on track and not via team radio....if only nico had done the same.

Yes red bull have a pr nightmare on their hands but all this controversy is masking the fact is the race was a bit dull. We'll be debating team orders for about 3 weeks at least but it's not like like there's much else to discuss.

Still...at least we'll get a huge amount of funny face Webber pictures to make smilees of ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Neither Force India was working properly after the second stops. Both cars were fucked.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

Bronze Member
Bronze Member

If Mark and Sebastian were not allowed to pass each other and risk a crash, why did Webber fight back in the first place?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:55 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I hate teams who are using team orders 15 laps before the end of the race and already in race 2 of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:56 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

StefMeister wrote:
Watching the Vettel/Alonso collision, Surprising that broke the wing as i can remember front wings taking a bigger hit & surviving.

Same here. But that has been an issue for the last 2 years imo. Makes any contact a race decider.... :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:57 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Wil Vincent wrote:
Sebastian Vettel issues an apology to Mark Webber: "I want to say sorry to Mark. He was trying to save the car and tyres, but I took a lot of risk in passing him when he was trying. I didn't ignore that, but I shouldn't have done it."

these apologies looks so fake. :yuk:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 159 60 61 62 6375 Next