TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 6275 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:34 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I must admit I can understand Vettel overtaking Webber. He doesn't drive for his team only, but also for the drivers championship. F1 is way too much politics by now. F*** that, we need real racing. F1 is such a baby sport sometimes ("he must get a penalty for that....blabla").

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:35 am 

Vettel apologises and says he did not intend to overtake.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106338

Really? How can you intend not to overtake when it took you 4 corners of wheel to wheel racing to get by? Just tell that you wanted to win as that is the intention of racing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

phil1993 wrote:
On another note, Webber almost did to Vettel what Schumi did to Rubens in 2010.

In a way, but Schumi started to come down AFTER Rubens got alongside him. While Webber probably though he was already all the way down when Vettel decided to overtake below the white line.

Anyway, thank god Vettel didn't followed orders, otherwise we wouldn't have so much to talk, such a polemic subject and all the gossip of the internal fight. And last but not least by any means, probably one of the best battles for the win of the year. :thumbsup:

This was going to be just a very good race, now it's one we won't forget.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:36 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Vettel apologizes once more on RTL and said that he regrets it.

Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

pdukers wrote:
Vettel apologises and says he did not intend to overtake.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106338

Really? How can you intend not to overtake when it took you 4 corners of wheel to wheel racing to get by? Just tell that you wanted to win as that is the intention of racing.

I don't think he means "Well I accidentally passed him". More "I should've done what I was told, and it was a mistake not to".

Silver Member
Silver Member

I understand Vettel completely. You want to win, grab as much points, beat your teammate, get first place in the Driver Championship etc. But I can also understand Webber completely. If you are told to tune your engine down (that happened right?), and your teammate then disobeys a teamorder to stay behind you, I totally understand that you feel robbed of your win. I'm really curious how this is going to turn out :).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:37 am 
Not been fired yet!
Not been fired yet!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:37 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LOL at the level of analysis of this issue here. Saying "If you don't like cars passing get stuffed" is completely missing the point - regardless of your feelings on team orders, you don't agree one thing with your team and then completely ignore it.

Saying "Mark just can't handle that Vettel beat him" is beyond ignorant - if your team tells you to turn your engine down, and your team mate doesn't, of course he's going to catch you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vettel just said on RTL he isnt proud about this move and regrets it.

Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyft1o_sebastian-vettel-vs-mark-webber-2013-malaysian-grand-prix-team-radio-extra_auto[/dailymotion]

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Needs more Harry Hill tbh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:40 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Autosport forums once again crashed :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
LOL at the level of analysis of this issue here. Saying "If you don't like cars passing get stuffed" is completely missing the point - regardless of your feelings on team orders, you don't agree one thing with your team and then completely ignore it.

Saying "Mark just can't handle that Vettel beat him" is beyond ignorant - if your team tells you to turn your engine down, and your team mate doesn't, of course he's going to catch you.
+1
I think some people are missing the point thinking that Vettel was faster.. who knows Marks pace could have been.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:41 am 

nightflight wrote:
ellis wrote:
carfan20 has been banned.

Fine :thumbsup: Thanks.

+1 :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:41 am 
Not been fired yet!
Not been fired yet!

Sebastian Vettel issues an apology to Mark Webber: "I want to say sorry to Mark. He was trying to save the car and tyres, but I took a lot of risk in passing him when he was trying. I didn't ignore that, but I shouldn't have done it."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:42 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:

That would be a valid argument if the were the first, second or third time Webber has been screwed by the team. Webber will make a fuss about it, he'll bitch and moan publically, and then he'll sign again for 2014 in October. After something like this has happened twoor three more times this season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

In other words no, Webber's not accepting his apology.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

In the past, people were upset about teams were using team orders. Now, people are upset about riders who ignore team orders.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Ok whilst we're discussing Red Bull, here's the rest of the things that happened.

Alonso and Ferrari cost themselves points by not pitting an obviously broken car. Whoever made that decision (presumably Alonso because the crew were in the pit lane) should have a fine from the FIA. That accident was always going to happen and he was lucky not to remove other cars through the stupidity.

Force India were beyond hilarious. And to continue the earlier discussion, I wasn't aware Paul was told not to pass Sutil at Albert Park. And then despite being forced to queue in the pits here, Paul still caught and passed Sutil in the race. I know Paul isn't setting the world alight, but I'm not seeing this out performance by Sutil that people keep talking about. Leading a race means nothing if your strategy is going to put you 10th at the end. And so far this season because of Force Indias failings, di Resta has been cost 6 points, and Sutil has been cost 2. That'll be an interesting stat to keep up with.

Hulk had a good race today, passing the man he replaced. JEV getting points was good too. Williams had a bit of a shocker. Bianchi a minute up the road from Chilton and had both Caterhams between them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Now Vettel has something people will remember about him, controversial things. I think it's that that was missing. Alonso, Schumacher, Senna, Prost, even Hamilton will also be remembered for unfair moves. Being a champion often means being a little asshole I think

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 6275 Next