TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous 176 77 78 79 80 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:44 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

phil1993 wrote:
LeonArtez wrote:
Maybe better tyre management by Pic?

It could be. Giedo went from doing largely 1:33s to 1:35-1:36, despite fuel levels decreasing. Pic was consistently in the 1:33s.

Also, did Sutil go off on Lap 51? His times on the SS were 1.31.4, 1.30.7, 1.38.4, 1.35.2, before it stablised at 1.32/3. Very odd.

Did you not watch the race? That was the lap Hamilton and Webber passed him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:47 pm 

Was about to say that... Sutil was struggling very hard that lap

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

dicksplaash wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
LeonArtez wrote:
Maybe better tyre management by Pic?

It could be. Giedo went from doing largely 1:33s to 1:35-1:36, despite fuel levels decreasing. Pic was consistently in the 1:33s.

Also, did Sutil go off on Lap 51? His times on the SS were 1.31.4, 1.30.7, 1.38.4, 1.35.2, before it stablised at 1.32/3. Very odd.

Yes I did, but even so that's a 7-8 second swing, a hell of a lot of time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
My run down

Lotus - very mature and sensible race for Kimi which paid off. Ted said that Grosjean only got the new parts on Saturday morning and had 2 laps to setup the car, so we can't judge him.

Ferrari - it's round 1 and Massa still isn't allowed to beat Fernando. They put him on a baffling and retarded strategy that was designed purely to get Fernando in front. They could have had 2 cars ahead of Vettel, but instead they were more concerned with getting the cars swapped.

Red Bull - Vettel was Vettel. Pole, decent speed, but it's more about tyre management. Webber was shit, again. Can't start, compromises his entire race, and was stuck on the wrong strategy because of his Q3 tyre choice.

Mercedes - can be pretty happy. They weren't fighting for the win, but they weren't slow, and Rosberg isn't far off Lewis. Lewis looked far happier this week.

Force India - 2 stupid strategies which would never work. di Resta was started on the softs, which compromised him. But given he's in a FI, he was always going to qualify at the back of the top 10, so why not start him on mediums and get a more optimal strategy? Sutil had a better strategy but was pitted too early and given too much time on the softs. 2 cars in the points is good, but the strategy could've been better.

McLaren - LOL

STR - Middle of no where.

Williams - #BOTTAS was invisible, whilst Pastor did what Pastor does.

Marussia - Bianchi destroyed Chilton

Caterham - Pic got in the way of the leaders too much, Transit Van was comfortably last, behind a Marussia that had to do a wing change. Oh dear.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106129

Alonso took a risk Massa wasn't willing to make. Massa should have beaten Vettel anyway but simply lacked the speed/times Alonso was able to put into the car. He pretty much ran 1-5 seconds behind Vettel for the entire race bar the last 3 laps and he should have passed him at some point since the Ferrari was not only quicker but had better tyre wear.

Apart from that agree with everything else. Mclaren's ineptitude made even better as I can't stand Whitmarsh/Sam Michaels.
Force India have been shooting themselves in the foot strategy wise ever since they've become remotely competitive in the midfield. I'll never understand it.

That said I don't get Di Resta's complaining about should have been 7th. Force India basically screwing Sutil by putting him on the SuperSofts so early is the only reason he had a shot at it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Di Resta knows that he doesn't have very much longer left in F1 and he is trying to get the excuses in while he can.

To be dismantled like that by someone who has a year's race rust in them is beyond embarrassing.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:35 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

codename_47 wrote:
Mind you FOM had a bad day too, we started this race illegally on lap 1 out of 0 according to them! :lol:

And then they chose to run a 2-hour timed race :p

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:53 pm 

phil1993 wrote:
dicksplaash wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

Yes I did, but even so that's a 7-8 second swing, a hell of a lot of time.

It was a really shitty lap.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:10 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

LeonArtez wrote:
Olav was at the track, but started watching 5 minutes before the start, so didn't see it either... Commentary was quite bad and boring so i turned it off.

Race was good... Looking forward to next week!

Sport1 promised you could switch to Sky commentary, but it didn't work today.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:19 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I don't see excuses from di Resta? Both he and Sutil are right. They both should've been higher up. And the only reason they weren't was the Force India strategy was shit. Both drivers drove really well.

Sutil should've been pitted later, to give him less time on the super softs.
di Resta was stuck on the super softs in the first stint. But the only reason he was on them is because he was in Q3. He is in a FI, he is always going to be 8th at best. You might as well put him on mediums, the optimum strategy, and have him start 10th, but have a far better chance of making up the spots later. Both FI drivers drove very very well and got points despite the poor strategy.

In fact, that is actually the only reason di Resta was beaten by Hulk last year. di Resta got screwed out of a points finish from a strategy whilst Hulk eventually got one that worked. Of course you could argue that the only reason di Resta was ahead before that was because FI spent a year fucking up Hulks strategy. I find it extremely difficult to rate Force Indias drivers because they all tend to drive quite well, and then fall away when the strategy falls apart.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

lol Alonso didn't "take a gamble" or risk on strategy. They did the classic undercut. They pitted him early to give him fresh boots to get him ahead of Vettel and it worked perfectly. It's an old school tried and tested move. We then heard Massa on the radio asking to stay out and clearly they were going to try and move stops, but they pitted him a couple of laps later, to which Brundle said was pointless because it was neither 2 stop or 3 stop optimal..it was just no mans land useless strategy. It was a shocking decision, and Ted also said in his note book afterwards it was pretty clear what they'd done.

Either Ferrari made a decision so monumentally stupid that a brain dead monkey would've been confused by it, or they preferred Alonso and wanted to leap him ahead. In reality they could've pitted Massa first, Alonso straight afterwards and had both Ferraris ahead of Vettel. But they chose Alonso, and Massa comes out second best despite out classing Alonso all weekend until that point.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:32 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Out classing Alonso :lol:, that's a bit overestimated.
And IF he outclassed him and therefore should have continued to outclass him, why was he slower after that stop?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Fabs wrote:
Out classing Alonso :lol:, that's a bit overestimated.
And IF he outclassed him and therefore should have continued to outclass him, why was he slower after that stop?

Probably disheartened or mentally working out his contract options for next year.

"Which teams will have an open slot and how far down the grid will I have to fall before I get a team that actually respect me?"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree with ellis. He says Massa outclassed Alonso until that point. Alonso's pace was fantastic towards the end, but Massa was great throughout most of the weekend. There's no argument there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:08 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Regiotap wrote:
LeonArtez wrote:
Olav was at the track, but started watching 5 minutes before the start, so didn't see it either... Commentary was quite bad and boring so i turned it off.

Race was good... Looking forward to next week!

Sport1 promised you could switch to Sky commentary, but it didn't work today.

Olav was at the track, bad descission. Why not let him commentate and let our current commentator to the pits reporting or something. For the first three months I'm paying €5,- a month but I'll quit if Ronald van Dam stays as commentator.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:58 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Massa definitely outclassed Alonso in the spectacular crash competition.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:34 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
Mind you FOM had a bad day too, we started this race illegally on lap 1 out of 0 according to them! :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So was Webber actually without KERS at the start? If so his poor start was unavoidable and calling him shit is a bit harsh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:35 am 
This place is Purile and Childish
This place is Purile and Childish

ellis wrote:

Vergne got the second fastest lap of the race, so surely the car is a little bit better than that, no? Or Vergne is the new Senna. Or he got the perfect combination of fresh tires and no cars ahead of him, I don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:35 am 

Talladega wrote:
ellis wrote:

Vergne got the second fastest lap of the race, so surely the car is a little bit better than that, no? Or Vergne is the new Senna.

The fresh Pirelli tires is the new Senna.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Philthy82 wrote:
So was Webber actually without KERS at the start? If so his poor start was unavoidable and calling him shit is a bit harsh.

Possibly without KERS and his clutch wasn't set up properly either.

Both of these were due to a failure within the ECU and the ECU in every car is made by...McLaren.

So perhaps that's not a surprise.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous 176 77 78 79 80 Next