TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 3980 Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:00 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Nope

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mercedes5CLR wrote:
I wonder if NBC will actually carry the broadcast? Haven't said yet if they will...

doubt it - not even showing the race live.

Gold Member
Gold Member

SFM wrote:
Well this is so freaking ridiculous ... it's supposed to the pinnacle of motorsport?

The pinnacle of Charlies shitty delays

Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

shower or two tomorrow. Guess they will delay it until Monday just to play it safe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If it had been raining heavily (As it was before & briefly directly after Q1) I'd understand & agree with the delay/cancellation. However I think there was at least 30mins where conditions were good enough to safely run Q2/3 yet they simply decided not to because the the radar was showing more rain on the way.

Instead of looking at what weather was possibly on the way, They should have just gone by what the conditions actually were at that time.

Also I'd have had far more respect for the decision to delay/cancel Q2/3 had they actually started the session, Got cars on track & then had feedback from most the drivers saying that the track conditions were too wet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tobias wrote:

shower or two tomorrow. Guess they will delay it until Monday just to play it safe.

Qualifying will take place on monday morning while the race will go ahead as scheduled.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tobias wrote:

May God punish motherfucker Charlie with tornado or monsoon who had plenty of time to do normal qlf

Last edited by alex1369 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:08 am 

facepalm...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

NextDimensional- wrote:
Actually, what is the reason that we have seen this kind of sillyness since 2006-07? France 1999, Adelaide 1989 and 1991, Germany 2000, Brazil 2003, plenty of rain and dropping water and they went and raced. What started this crap we see nowadays? FIA getting old and grey?

Parc ferme rules is at least partly causing problems. They can't put wet set-up because if it is dry on another day, they will lose big time then.

I think they should just drop the "no changes to the setup" rule right away. They could still keep the rule which doesn't allow to change any components.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:13 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

I think he didn't have much of an option post q1 tbh. I still think they should get the drivers to do a sighting lap to decide or not, and require a unanimous decision.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I wonder why we didn't hear any team radios from the drivers commenting the conditions. Although even if 21 drivers had said "the conditions are good to drive" FOM would have probably chosen one driver commenting "it's undrivable"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:15 am 

alex1369 wrote:
Tobias wrote:

May God punish motherfucker Charlie with tornado or monsoon who had plenty of time to do normal qlf

well, even God allowed for the Pope to go out in rainy conditions. So that makes Charlie....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Glad I'm not the only one spluttering expletives at the wimpy sham F1 has become now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:23 am 

actually I'm not even bothering that much anymore, which pretty much proves the sorry status F1 finds itself in regarding driving in the rain.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:31 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

What I had in my mind was to sleep over the qualifying and watch it later on. Instead I woke up just in time and was pretty excited about the rain. I should have stayed in bed! >:-((

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:38 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm watching F1 since 1986, and this feels like a real low point in the history of what is supposed to be the pinnacle of motor sport. The drivers should really decide whether they think it is suitable or not to drive. Not some old man that has never seen a racing car from close...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:40 am 

aerogi wrote:
The drivers should really decide whether they think it is suitable or not to drive. Not some old man [...]

agreed, and even though sometimes the drivers give feedback like pussies, at least the decision would have had some degree of credibility if it had come from them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:41 am 
Eddie Jordan

Nothing surprises me anymore. F1 doesn't do rain!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 am 

and it's not the only thing the FIA screwed up this weekend of course

Quote:
Drivers to race without cockpit warning lights

The Formula 1 grid will be forced to race without in-cockpit lights during Sunday's Australian Grand Prix, with the FIA revealing that a telemetry issue has forced it to cut the link between race control and the cars. This means drivers will only be informed of the on-track state by marshals' flags, as opposed to steering wheel displays.

In addition to the flag situation, which will affect standard red, yellow and blue scenarios, drivers will also have to adhere to DRS regulations in a different manner. Once the overtaking aid is enabled after the first two laps of the race, the FIA will not be able to turn it off in the event of a yellow flag zone or if rain arrives, leaving the teams to inform their drivers over the radio if they are allowed to use the system.

Amid the ongoing technical drama, governing body the FIA has explained that "we will do our best to give as much information from race control as we can."

The full FIA statement reads:

'The consequences for the race will be as follows;

1: None of the red, yellow or blue cockpit lights will work.

2: At the start of the race DRS will be automatically enabled once each car as crossed the Line to complete two laps.

3: There will be no automatic blue flag messages on the Official Messaging System. We will do our best to give as much information from race control as we can, however, it will be even more important that teams do what they can to ensure their drivers respect blue flags.

4: If the safety car is deployed Safety Car Model will have to be selected manually by the driver immediately after he sees either the SC light panels or SC boards being held out by marshals.

5: If the safety car is deployed a message saying "DRS DISABLED" will be displayed, we will however be unable to actually disable it. Therefore, from this point, drivers must not use DRS until the message "DRS ENABLED" is shown two laps after the safety car returns to the pits (due to the layout of the track the "DRS ENABLED" message will be sent when every car has reached the end of the second activation zone before turn 3).

6: If yellow flags or lights are displayed in a DRS activation zone "DRS DISABLED" will be displayed, from this point drivers must not use DRS in the yellow zone until the message "DRS ENABLED" appears.

7: In conditions of poor visibility a message saying "DRS DISABLED" may be displayed, we will however be unable to actually disable it. Therefore, from this point, drivers must not use DRS until the message "DRS ENABLED" is shown.'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 am 
Sub Forum Moderator
Sub Forum Moderator

Why don't they allow one of the drivers to have some input on these decisions? They are the ones who know exactly what they're going into, have one of them 'elected' as a representative who can work with race control in these situations. At least then there's some credibility behind cancelling a session.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 3980 Next