TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1199 200 201 202 203335 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scotty wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
Nothing against Ricciardo, I'm sure he's a nice guy. I just find him to be one of the most invisible and unspectacular drivers on the grid.

Watch an interview with him. You'll never see any other driver, in history, smile and be as humble as him.

Maybe that's what Schumifan means. He wants him to be more of a prick on and off the track or make dive bomb moves like Kobayashi? Then he will be noticed. But please lets not lump him in with Di Resta.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Webber was doing the same...
He was getting front or 2nd rows in qlf with the Jaguar so someone could see that hes good, and it was Williams...
But the starts were always a problem.. no matter where he drove and it was hard to get back those places..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Artur Craft wrote:
Very long time since I access autosport forum(nice new layout btw) and I think you are "antonov" down there, isn't it Tobias?

Assuming so, why were you complaining about the show being in German? I thought you were flemish and I also thought dutch speakers could roughly understand German, can't you? :p

Also, the jokes about Ricciardo's "lady hips" are a big thing there :D

damn, my hidden identity is revealed :( :lol:

it seemed a bit 'random' that Ricciardo was announced on a German TV show (he often didn't even understand what was said :lol: ). Then again, normally it would just be a bulletin on the website or some sort. So in the end, I guess there is nothing wrong with a little bit of extra media attention. Mind you, as soon as it was announced Marko were to make the announcement, I had no further doubts.

I wonder where Kimi'll end up now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:24 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

webbsy wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
Nothing against Ricciardo, I'm sure he's a nice guy. I just find him to be one of the most invisible and unspectacular drivers on the grid.

Watch an interview with him. You'll never see any other driver, in history, smile and be as humble as him.

Maybe that's what Schumifan means. He wants him to be more of a prick on and off the track or make dive bomb moves like Kobayashi? Then he will be noticed. But please lets not lump him in with Di Resta.

I don't want him to be a prick, but he's just BORING. He's boring in a completely different way than di Resta. di Resta is dull because theres just no emotion (except the odd bid of anger at Force Indias screw ups), but Riccardo is just a big smile and a nice guy and that's it. There isn't even an edge to the nice guy, no jokes, no nothing. On track he's had some good results (still 1 point VER though), but he never seems to achieve it by doing anything spectacular. Would like to see him make some bad ass pass or something.

And Webber is FAR from mediocre. On his day, Webber was completely unbeatable. But he ruins races with his starts (and that's been an issue since his Jaguar days, so lets not pretend that's a Red Bull issue), and he has far too many off days.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

I criticised Webber heavily when he drove for Williams and the early Red Bull years, but after Nuburgring 2009 that all changed. He got a drive through and still won the race easily.

His Monaco 2010 pole lap was utter perfection, then he showed them his gearbox in the race. And Silverstone 2010 was a lesson in how to smash the field.

Looking forward to seeing what Ricciardo can produce next year, should be exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ricciardo's 'boring' because no-one usually pays attention to Toro Rosso. He's qualified inside the top 10 several times this year and gone backwards through strategy.

He is the perfect guy for Red Bull: PR friendly, super cool and quick - but not quick enough yet - to challenge Vettel. I just hope people give him a chance and don't see him have one or two average races and go 'ZOMG they should have got Kimi!!!1111' or something. I reckon maybe next year people might adjust their ideas of just how good Vettel is and how good Webber has been on his day.

Then again, when Mercedes rock up with an awesome engine, it'll just be scraps for the rest anyway.

Still, how awesome would it be if the first race of 2014 in Melbourne was a wreckfest, with loads of retirements and through comes Ricciardo to win...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:41 am 

could happen. It's like Barrichello trying a zillion times winning his home grand prix and failing to do so for whatever reason.

Then Massa arrives and does it easily, lol. Anyway, distant memories now, 5 years back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Webber Vettel situation is a bit like Berger and Senna back in the McLaren days. Berger was a good driver and could more than hold his own and was bloody quick on occassion, not mediocre at all, but Senna just made him look it, dito Vettel to Webber. A very good driver will always look just like a good driver when they are alongside an exceptional driver.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm guessing Antonio Felix da Costa will replace Ricciardo at STR?

He's the highest Red Bull young driver in the ladder & hasn't been doing too badly in WSBR, In the races I've seen at least.

Carlos Sainz Jr. as there 3rd driver perhaps.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is Mitch Evans a driver just supported by Webber or also by Red Bull? I rate him higher than Sainz.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't believe Mitch Evans is part of the Red Bull junior program.

As for FdC, I feel he needs another year in FR3.5 before being given a Toro Rosso seat. But then if he isn't picked to replace Ricciardo, then who else is there? He's the most senior in the Red Bull junior program. Would Toro Rosso give the seat to a non-RB junior driver again, like they did with Bourdais?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Robin Frijns?? Red Bull did try to get him in their program iirc.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well if Hulkenberg doesn't land at Ferrari next year then perhaps Toro Rosso could slot him in while they mature FdC in FR3.5 for one more year?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Da Costa is fairly ready, especially as he'll get a full pre-season programme. He's had so much bad luck this year that's it's borderline comical.

Frijns isn't a step up on Da Costa, so there'd be little point having him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

AFdC doesn't need one more year in 3.5. He needed one fewer. Arden turned into gurning retards over the winter and have gone backwards.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

acopip wrote:
ellis wrote:
He's apparently bought a cycling team. If I was a sportsman, the last thing I'd want to do is get involved with cycling given the level of corruption in it. It has the potential to end very badly.

They want to create a new image regarding cycling. Of course it is very damaged and people (including me) laugh about it. But if someone as famous as Alonso wants to help building up a new image, I think that it can only help.

Not in terms of shady sport practices given FA's history :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
I don't believe Mitch Evans is part of the Red Bull junior program.

He's sponsored personally by Red Bull, but you are correct he's not part of their junior program, I do know however he is gunning for the 3rd driver role, but you'd assume that would go to a driver in the program

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:22 am 

Quote:
Massa adamant his Ferrari future now brighter than a year ago

Felipe Massa is adamant that he has the necessary speed and requirements to keep his seat at Ferrari beyond the 2013 season.

The Italian team is openly considering replacing the Brazilian, who joined Ferrari as Michael Schumacher’s teammate in 2006, at the end of the season.

The leading candidates are reportedly former champion Kimi Raikkonen, or German hopeful Nico Hulkenberg.

But 32-year-old Massa, who has ruled out clinging on to his Formula 1 career at a small team, insists that he has a strong chance of staying put.

“The situation last year was worse than this year,” he told Brazil’s Totalrace, “because my performance (in 2012) was well below what I could do.

“So it was much more difficult. This year, I have had a good performance in almost every race.”

Massa said only the actual results have been lacking – he is 84 points behind teammate Fernando Alonso – because of a roll-call of “several things” going wrong in qualifying sessions and the races.

“Many things have happened,” he repeated, “but if they had not, the championship would look very different because of the points that I should have.

“Now we just have to end these problems and put things in place for the second half of the season,” added Massa. (GMM)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You make your own luck, and clearly Alonso makes his own luck much better....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:57 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2997 ... th-frijns/

The end of Robin Frijns at Sauber. You can't blame Sauber since Frijns doesn't have any sponsors at the moment. On the other hand it's a very big shame that this is the standard of F1 these days. Winning 3 different championships in a row doens't even give you a '3rd drivers seat'. Some much less talented guys with much more money have better chances or are already driving Formula 1.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1199 200 201 202 203335 Next