TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1172 173 174 175 176335 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I can't see any good reason why Kimi and Ferrari would be best for Kimi. They needed strong leadership and they got it with Fernando and they still can't come up with the goods. I think Kimi might be looking for another easy payday. Ferrari just dont have what it takes to win like they used to, IMO.

I'm gonna get crazy and toss out a ridiculous pairing. Raikkonen and Vettel at Ferrari.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kimi might just be looking for a payday, full stop. Boullier is starting to enter Paul Heyman territory when it comes to owed monies.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:17 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I can't see Ferrari being on board with nuKimi (I'll only do personal sponsorship apperances, say whatever the hell I want and generally milk this James Hunt: the Sequel aura that the media are building up around me to get out of doing the stuff I don't want to do, which is largely anything that doesn't involve driving the car) and I can't see kimi wanting to go back to a Ferrari that might worship the ground you walk on one minute then suddenly have an agenda change and be working against you the next.
(Heh, I'm a sucker for a conspiracy theory too...:p )

Kimi to Red Bull makes sense because they're to be the most "fun" team on the grid (or just the best PR team to make them SEEM fun anyway) and it's also backed up by a lot of wishful thinking by the majority of the F1 world wanting to see someone take to Vettel, which you won't get with company boy Ricciardo (despite the fact that if they DON'T promote him from Torro Rosso it kind of makes a mockery of the whole junior program really)

I'd wager half of Red Bull is pulling for Kimi and the other half is pulling for Ricciardo, with Horner in the middle desperately trying to pretend his opinion matters.

But hey, I've been wrong a lot before

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
I can't see Ferrari being on board with nuKimi (I'll only do personal sponsorship apperances, say whatever the hell I want and generally milk this James Hunt: the Sequel aura that the media are building up around me to get out of doing the stuff I don't want to do, which is largely anything that doesn't involve driving the car) and I can't see kimi wanting to go back to a Ferrari that might worship the ground you walk on one minute then suddenly have an agenda change and be working against you the next.
(Heh, I'm a sucker for a conspiracy theory too...:p )

Kimi to Red Bull makes sense because they're to be the most "fun" team on the grid (or just the best PR team to make them SEEM fun anyway) and it's also backed up by a lot of wishful thinking by the majority of the F1 world wanting to see someone take to Vettel, which you won't get with company boy Ricciardo (despite the fact that if they DON'T promote him from Torro Rosso it kind of makes a mockery of the whole junior program really)

I'd wager half of Red Bull is pulling for Kimi and the other half is pulling for Ricciardo, with Horner in the middle desperately trying to pretend his opinion matters.

But hey, I've been wrong a lot before

nuKimi? Kimi hasn't changed a bit. He just wants to drive the car, the paddock extracurriculars and the politics were never his forte, he always had people in his corner to take care of it for him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kimi doesn't mind PR so long as it's fun PR. He was very happy to do everything Red Bull asked of him in the WRC.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Everyone's favourite Ferrari president has come out on the rampage again, with criticisms of Alonso, the regulations, the summer break, the FIA, well pretty much everything
http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/montez ... rrari-fans

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He does that every year when his team is not 1st... nothing new here

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:59 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I sure hope that the engines sound different to that when they are actually on the car. That sounds like a bad video game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:37 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

What kind of horse power numbers do they expect to see from the new engines?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:24 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't know if this was posted yet, but here are some 2014 changes:
http://scarbsf1.com/blog1/2013/07/08/20 ... irst-look/
there will be 8 gears, quite interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fixed for the season? How does that work? 8 gears used in monza and only 6 in Monaco? surely you must be able to adjust the ratio for each track.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

100kg Fuel, 690 minimum weight and 15K revs. Next years cars must be massively slower.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:57 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

cookie wrote:
Fixed for the season? How does that work? 8 gears used in monza and only 6 in Monaco? surely you must be able to adjust the ratio for each track.

Final drive ratio. I think the fixed ratios refer to the individual gears and not the actual final drive. A bit like NASCAR's gear rule.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:06 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
cookie wrote:

Final drive ratio. I think the fixed ratios refer to the individual gears and not the actual final drive. A bit like NASCAR's gear rule.

So then adjusting would be a pain.
Why 8 gears fixed?, Is the torque range of the new v6turbo so bad that the engine only puls when keeping it high in revs because it is to weak?
Like the mercedes vid just posted the final gear sounded way to long.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:51 pm 

Fish88 wrote:
100kg Fuel, 690 minimum weight and 15K revs. Next years cars must be massively slower.

not that much. They gonna be 50kg heavier on qualifying fuel load but the same weight as today's cars on full tanks as cars start races with 150kg, on average, currently.

Even the power units won't slow the cars, regardless of their revs, due to lot's of power coming from recovered energy

phil1993 wrote:
Everyone's favourite Ferrari president has come out on the rampage again, with criticisms of Alonso, the regulations, the summer break, the FIA, well pretty much everything
http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/montez ... rrari-fans

I agree with him about this break. We already had 3 weeks between Germany and Hungary, and now a whole month until Belgium. It creates sort of an anti-climax to the season/championship. I don't like the way the races are spread throughout the season. I think it's ok to have one 3-week gap in the season, but if I'm not mistaken, we have 2 of those now and a 4-week one adding to it.

I would prefer less back to back races and lesser big gaps, as consequence of it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I always liked the old system where the races were roughly 2 weeks apart, and seemed to follow a logical progression. Now the scheduling doesn't really make sense, either date wise and logistics wise, it just feels ad hoc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The important thing though is complain, always complain.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ok I will complain then....In my opinion the number of races that we have is diluting the image of F1, especially as it seems that it is willing to sell to the highest bidding country. More is not always more. The seasons are feeling more protracted and drawn out. I am a crazy die hard F1 fan who has only missed seeing live about 4 GPs in 19 years, but even I feel that the number of races that we have are unnecessary and are just dragging the season out.

But my biggest gripe is the similarity of the races that we have in similar countries. Straight off the bat I would eliminate Malaysia, Korea, Bahrain, Texas and Austria. Why these?

Malaysia is great I love this race, but Singapore is more of a South East Asian show piece. Korea is well, unwanted and not needed, not showcasing anything.

Abu Dhabi is a greater Mid East showcase than Bahrain, which falls into the Korean category.

Texas was good, but for showcasing America in F1, having a race in (or as close as it gets) to New York is a greater world wide advertisement than in the middle of nowhere Texas.

As for Austria, I am super excited that F1 is going back, but Hungary in my view is a greater advertisement of Eastern Europe.

I would also permanently eliminate Valencia and Hockenheim as these two tracks bring nothing to F1, especially the "new" Hockenheim. In its old guise it was a stand out to be retained.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:12 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I kinda see where webbsy is coming from. If it was 20 races of AWESOME then sure, wheres the downside? But if it's 15 races that are awesome, plus shite like Valencia (I know it's gone, but it's an example), India, Korea..then why bother with the ones nobody likes?

I don't really mind if there are 15 races or 20 races. I just rather get rid of the crap, rather than think "Well it might suck but it's a race I suppose".

I do disagree with removing Austria and Malaysia just because there are races in the region though. Using the same logic we could elimiate Texas because we have Montreal, get rid of Italy because we have Monaco, and Germany because we have UK. I don't think circuits should be eliminated based on area (unless it causes misery for fans/teams for no upside - like Korea and Magny Cours), but mostly judged purely on the circuit itself. I'd have 2 races in Germany again if we had old Hockenheim and Nurburgring.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'd agree with that. I think you need the classics to remain, but I also agree with Artur Craft that this year's calendar is just crap. Long breaks and then after the summer break I think there's 9 races in 14 weeks. There should be more of a flow.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1172 173 174 175 176335 Next