TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1169 170 171 172 173335 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

acopip wrote:
kals wrote:
I don't agree with that in the slighest. If Alonso was being calmer and more thinking, then why would he be complaining about Ferrari and the team's performance at every occasion in the media over the past 18 months??

Alonso is the only driver in modern day F1 that needs help from a clearly defined number 2 driver. Alonso is the only driver in modern day F1 who requires the team he drives for to bend over backwards for everything he needs. And when he doesn't he throws a shit fit.

I agree that a driver shouldn't criticize the team publicly, but I think that many drivers would react like that, with high expectations to win the title since 2010. The reason for that is arguable.
I am seeing a driver who visits the factory and lives his life for Ferrari, who is getting tired of not seeing any results, he is also getting near the end of his career.

No other driver complains about their team like Alonso does. And it is not as if it isn't the first time. He did it with Renault in 2005 and 2006, with McLaren in 2007 and now with Ferrari from 2011 onwards. Lewis didn't do the same in 2007, nor in 2009. Jenson and Lewis kept quiet throughout 2012 when McLaren kept screwing up left right and centre and had terrible reliability. You never ever see Vettel complain about his team. Have you ever heard Raikkonen ever say anything negative about any teams he's ever driven for? It is only Alonso.

And besides, Alonso fucked up in 2010 and in 2012, his mistakes cost he and Ferrari titles. I don't remember Ferrari ever calling their driver out in public for the mistakes he made. You win as a team and lose as a team. And before you ask... Yes, I do have proof to back those up.

acopip wrote:
With that second part, they got Alonso to take up to the dominant Schumacher-era back in the 00's, with Massa signing a contract making him a number 2-driver. He obviously agreed with that, otherwise he would get a cockpit at Lotus or another team for sure, we know that he is capable to win the title.
Also, Alonso is just better than him, I think everyone saw that in the last years, so the team supports him more than Massa, I can see relations with Red Bull there.
I also see parallels with "Mark is too slow, get him out of the way..." and with "I'm much quicker than Felipe". It's called ambition and that is something that top-drivers like Vettel and Alonso need. That makes them different from the others and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Alonso expects his team mate to be moved out of his way, or not challenge him if he's not as fast. At times I agree with the calls... it is a team sport and if there is a title at risk then Alonso should be ahead of Massa. But don't get team orders or expectations of superiority confused with ambition. They are hardly the same.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:
So...let's wait. Probably we end up having no big moves at all. Massa replaced with someone else from the midfield and that's about that, you know.

I don't see why Ferrari don't snap up Hulkenburg to replace Massa. What are they waiting for?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:21 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

kals wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
So...let's wait. Probably we end up having no big moves at all. Massa replaced with someone else from the midfield and that's about that, you know.

I don't see why Ferrari don't snap up Hulkenburg to replace Massa. What are they waiting for?

Heheh, I actually wrote Hulkenberg there at first, but thought that I don't want to go too far with my already over-analyzing post. But yeah, that would be the most obvious move and was talked about earlier, until Sauber got some Russian money for them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:23 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Frankly, Alonso is full of BS mind games. Remember last year when he kept putting down Vettel, saying how it was all the car and how he was racing Newey, not Sebastian? Happily ignoring that he had Massa go out and punch holes in the air for him in India, and even take penalties on purpose to get him up the grid. And at Monaco this year he switched the tactic (since that failed so spectacularly and left him looking like a broken man), and has said that some people like to think they have the best car, but don't - referring to Red Bull.

Alonso is certainly not calmer than he has been. He continually drip fed quotes to the press to play games with Sebastian at the end of the last season, even when he wasn't at the circuit he was posting shite on Twitter and has almost non-stop been criticising Ferrari for performance this year. There is no evidence to suggest that he has somehow gotten his shit together since the McLaren days. He's isolated himself from McLaren, and it looks like he will be from Ferrari soon too (an identical set of moves to Prost). So now he's got to look at Mercedes or Red Bull.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:28 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

@
kals
:
Well, you have a point, and as I said, I don't support this attitude Alonso has towards his team anytime.
I think it is just his way to make the team move forward, he thinks that it is going to motivate the team. But you could criticize everyone for something, although I get why people seem to dislike Alonso, I like his way to deal with the things because he is doing a great job in the Ferrari, I think without him they wouldn't have been anywhere in '10 or '12, same with Vettel.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:34 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

acopip wrote:
@kals:
Well, you have a point, and as I said, I don't support this attitude Alonso has towards his team anytime.
I think it is just his way to make the team move forward, he thinks that it is going to motivate the team. But you could criticize everyone for something, although I get why people seem to dislike Alonso, I like his way to deal with the things because he is doing a great job in the Ferrari, I think without him they wouldn't have been anywhere in '10 or '12, same with Vettel.

To the same extent, Alonso lost the world championship last year because of poor results in the last part of the season. He received help from Massa at Korea, India, USA and Brazil. The only time he properly had the legs on Massa was Abu Dhabi, and he took himself out at Suzuka (and blamed Kimi). So whilst you could say Ferrari wouldn't have been there without Alonso, you could also very easily say that Alonso received more help from his team and team mate than any other driver on the grid, and only lost the World Championship because he bottled it, not Ferraris failings.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There's so many ifs and buts for a season such as 2012, one of them being that if Ferrari's strategists actually did their job properly, Alonso would have had another 30 or so points.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:09 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

And if Vettel hasn't had car failures he'd have more too. When the chips were down, Vettel got the job done, Massa had to help Alonso, and he cost himself the title. That's not ifs and buts, that's actually what happened.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh absolutely. I still maintain that Alonso did a better job with the equipment he had in 2012, but at the end of the day Vettel was the one who won the title. It was such a crazy season; still can't believe that Button was only 2 points down on Hamilton despite being totally shit most of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fish88 wrote:
Teams like Mercedes and Ferrari are the teams to be at for 2014. They develop their own engine and can start early with designing the car around the engine. Would be very stupid to leave them this year IMO.

Isn't Red Bull pretty much Renault's works team?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:39 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

ellis wrote:
To the same extent, Alonso lost the world championship last year because of poor results in the last part of the season. He received help from Massa at Korea, India, USA and Brazil. The only time he properly had the legs on Massa was Abu Dhabi, and he took himself out at Suzuka (and blamed Kimi). So whilst you could say Ferrari wouldn't have been there without Alonso, you could also very easily say that Alonso received more help from his team and team mate than any other driver on the grid, and only lost the World Championship because he bottled it, not Ferraris failings.

Yes, of course. The thing with Suzuka didn't help at all, Alonso just would have needed to collect points because Vettel's car was great at the end of the season, everyone saw that the Red Bull was much better than the Ferrari, but Alonso struggled too much in the qualifying which is kind of his only weakness (in racing ;)), this just cost him the title.
Alonso was always there when no-one expected him to be, but unfortunately, he seems to be losing this ability as we saw in Monaco this year, he was surprised by anybody and got overtaken throughout the whole race.
I think he is becoming desperate with Vettel winning this 3 titles (maybe even 4),it seems that he can't get over it. The reason for that might be that he doesn't think that he deserved it or that he is no longer the only driver on the grid who is capable of winning multiple championships, the reason isn't important anyway.
Maybe he wants to prove himself against Vettel, I don't even think that his main goal is to win his 3rd championship, I think that he wants to prove everyone that he is better than Vettel.
As an Alonso-fan for 10 years now since is first victory in Hungary, I just hope that this will happen, Alonso against Vettel in the same team would be one of the greatest team ever.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

phil1993 wrote:
Oh absolutely. I still maintain that Alonso did a better job with the equipment he had in 2012, but at the end of the day Vettel was the one who won the title. It was such a crazy season; still can't believe that Button was only 2 points down on Hamilton despite being totally shit most of the time.

To be fair he was only really shit around midseason. McLaren did admit they screwed up with the suspension in Canada, plus all those pitstop gaffes as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And by mid-season you mean from Bahrain through to Hungary?? :p (excluding Germany)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Russian GP organisors have missed the deadline to submit their application for an F1 GP for 2014.

In other partially related news, Pirelli will return as a supplier to WRC in 2014. I only post it here as it makes me wonder whether that has any potential link to them staying or leaving F1...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:49 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Talking of Alonso's mind games. ...there's the big question of why alonso or his manager allowed himself to be seen with horner in the first place.
If they were serious about a move they could've easily done that away from a gp weekend where there's a massive spotlight on any kind of potential driver movements.

Also the fact despite the more ludicrous rumours out there, no one upon no one had Alonso's name linked with the red bull seat.

There's a hell of a lot more going on than we know.
And sadly its going to keep going on generating more b.s. until red bull man up an announce company boy ricciardo to be Vettel's lackey as we all know they will in the end

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:27 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

loving the alonso bashing ellis, it never gets old

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:04 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Yet the bashing of Vettel bitching far outweighs the Alonso bashing on this forum, which I guess makes your post so ironic that you could bottle it and sell it on eBay.

Some people just can't handle that Alonso has spent years being an arse who can't handle pressure and plays mind games that he can't win. I look forward to him being sacked from Ferrari, finding a new team, and isolating himself for a third time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm with ellis on this. I rarely see any Alonso bashing on this forum so I'm not sure how with ellis "it never gets old"?

Last edited by kals on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:21 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Even if they are, it's a bit like laughing at Maldonado. It might get done a lot, but it's always justified. If Alonso is being such an arse that even his team are being critical of him, don't expect everyone foes to ignore it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I made similar comments about Alonso on another forum and got absolutely slaughtered by some fanboys. I backed up my points but no, he can do no wrong. And apparently because I made a negative reference to Alonso it immediately meant I was a Vettel fanboy. Some people's logic defies me at times.

A close forum friend over at Fastlane (not the place I made reference to above) is a pure Tifosi. He's from and lives in Milan, Italian through and through, couldn't be more of a stereotype. He and I have clashed on many occasion about Ferrari and incidents involving them. Even he thinks Alonso is out of line. That says a lot to me.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1169 170 171 172 173335 Next