TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1144 145 146 147 148335 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

While your post bears close resemblances to a troll-post I do see where you're coming from.

Kimi can be bloody fast but his mentality can become an obstacle. At Lotus he can come away with it but once things get serious it can hinder him. He had his shot at Ferrari. Time to let someone else get that shot.

Then again, he is older now so maybe also wiser?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mark Webber heading back to Le Mans? That is flippin' awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
Mark Webber heading back to Le Mans? That is flippin' awesome!

No, just flipping.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes, that was the joke! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:38 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Oh Deer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You can't use that! That's Montoya's joke!

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:47 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Yes and it similarly went over the heads of his team too :p

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:02 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

In other news looks like I've got the "boss" of F1InPubs Kris at the press conference and grabbing random drivers and asking them questions.

Will be podcasting that later, it's nice to feel part of it in my own small, tiny way.

P.S. if anyone heard a question about new Vs Old silverstone, I told him to ask that lol

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:21 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

sad to see Mark go, but I think he will be happier there, I am sure he will have great chances to win the 24 hours :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so Marko will appoint Ricciardo as Red Bull Racing driver only if the australian win one race during this final half of the season?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wasn't Kimi the highest scoring driver towards the end of 2009? I don't understand the argument that he suddenly couldn't be bothered.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kimi did have a good latter part of 2009, but he only seemed to pick up his game after Massa got injured. Whether the turnaround was down to Kimi or rather Ferrari needing to put more resources into Kimi (to save their season) is really the discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:42 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

To be fair, we've seen drivers like Vettel and Alonso have slumps too. I don't think half a year of poor performances and being outscored by Massa in a year where Massa was actually brilliant (and almost world champion) is fair grounds to really say he doesn't deserve a top drive.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:32 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

First interviews up with "The Boss" Kris and Van Der Garde:

http://www.f1inpubs.co.uk/pubscast/

Listen, or not, but it's not the usual PR guff....

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108317

Quote:
Webber denies Porsche announcement was a dig at Red Bull

Mark Webber has denied that the announcement of his Porsche sportscar racing future was designed as a dig at his current Formula 1 squad Red Bull.

Webber confirmed on the eve of this weekend's British Grand Prix that he would leave F1 and Red Bull for Porsche's new Le Mans and World Endurance Championship programme next year.

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner was informed shortly before the news became public, having told reporters earlier this week that the door was open to the Australian staying on for 2014.

Webber revealed at Silverstone that his decision had been made "for quite a long time", but said he had no qualms about how the news was handled and had kept Red Bull founder Dietrich Mateschitz informed.

"It was a Porsche announcement, I informed Christian before the announcement which contractually I should do, and that is what we did," said Webber.

"It was about Porsche and Mark Webber today.

"I think I helped the team today; they have to make some decisions for the future.

"Dietrich has been completely up to speed with my thinking in the last few months, he has been on board, and encouraged me not to rush my decision when I approached him earlier this season.

"I think basically we went through all the right channels and avenues to get the message across and it was done in the right way."

Webber added that his commitment to his Red Bull F1 duties would not diminish now that he had chosen a future elsewhere.

"For the rest of the season it doesn't change a huge amount," he said.

"I have known the decision and nothing changes in my approach. In my last few races I'll be challenging for the top step.

"It's in my interests to keep the motivation up until Brazil, and to work hard with the guys.

"Given the effort that goes in to get the car there at this level, I need to keep pushing for myself and the team and all their efforts at the factory."

Hope he doesn't get kicked out early for making an announcement like that without them knowing. When Montoya announced his move to NASCAR Dennis was pretty pissed about it and kicked him at the first opportunity he fucked up. Not afraid about Horner's or Mateschitz reaction, but more about Helmut.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:00 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

kals wrote:
Kimi did have a good latter part of 2009, but he only seemed to pick up his game after Massa got injured. Whether the turnaround was down to Kimi or rather Ferrari needing to put more resources into Kimi (to save their season) is really the discussion.

There's been a good article about Kimi's last year at the Ferrari (maybe it was by phil1993 or linked here by him some time ago?). It's funny how Kimi's motivation and performance dropped around the same time when Santander made a deal with Ferrari around Monaco 2008 and kept getting worse until Massa got injured. Ferrari wasn't the fastest car on either of the two seasons, first it was McLaren, then Brawn and Red Bull. Ferrari was all in for Massa, because they knew that he would still be around for 2010 and had a good marketing value in South America for both Ferrari and Santander. When Massa was injured and Ferrari needed more constructor points from their only car left for the field, in all of a sudden Kimi was way faster in Hungary already and had good results.

As his comeback has proved, Kimi has never had problems with his motivation or performance.

Kimi's really an awesome person on all levels, he will give good value for Red Bull next year. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fish88 wrote:
Hope he doesn't get kicked out early for making an announcement like that without them knowing. When Montoya announced his move to NASCAR Dennis was pretty pissed about it and kicked him at the first opportunity he fucked up. Not afraid about Horner's or Mateschitz reaction, but more about Helmut.

That would be a dumb move by Red Bull that would end up working out well for basically nobody who's in the frame for the seat (except maybe Raikkonen, long-term). I'd imagine Riccardo and Vergne (the two most likely replacements in my view, should that happen) would have to think twice about switching to a different car mid-season without any previous mileage in it, especially when they're both in the limelight for a potential switch come the end of the season anyway. Having a bad set of results would probably be career suicide for them. Plus Red Bull would most likely put all their resources behind Vettel to win the crown should that happen because it would be much easier for them to both do and justify afterwards, which wouldn't help the guy in the other car either.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tamburello94 wrote:
Fish88 wrote:

That would be a dumb move by Red Bull that would end up working out well for basically nobody who's in the frame for the seat (except maybe Raikkonen, long-term). I'd imagine Riccardo and Vergne (the two most likely replacements in my view, should that happen) would have to think twice about switching to a different car mid-season without any previous mileage in it, especially when they're both in the limelight for a potential switch come the end of the season anyway. Having a bad set of results would probably be career suicide for them. Plus Red Bull would most likely put all their resources behind Vettel to win the crown should that happen because it would be much easier for them to both do and justify afterwards, which wouldn't help the guy in the other car either.

True. But with Helmut I can actually see it happen (Maybe I overestimate his power in the team though). Promoting one of the Torro Rosso guys to RBR and probably Da Costa to Torro Rosso (getting him out of the shit Arden). Because I don't think those guys have any other chance of getting a Red Bull chance with Raikkonen being available, so if it happens they surely will take it.

Last edited by Fish88 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:30 pm 

NVirkkula wrote:
kals wrote:

There's been a good article about Kimi's last year at the Ferrari (maybe it was by phil1993 or linked here by him some time ago?). It's funny how Kimi's motivation and performance dropped around the same time when Santander made a deal with Ferrari around Monaco 2008 and kept getting worse until Massa got injured. Ferrari wasn't the fastest car on either of the two seasons, first it was McLaren, then Brawn and Red Bull. Ferrari was all in for Massa, because they knew that he would still be around for 2010 and had a good marketing value in South America for both Ferrari and Santander. When Massa was injured and Ferrari needed more constructor points from their only car left for the field, in all of a sudden Kimi was way faster in Hungary already and had good results.

As his comeback has proved, Kimi has never had problems with his motivation or performance.

Kimi's really an awesome person on all levels, he will give good value for Red Bull next year. 8)

http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/ <- I think you mean this one. It all makes sense if you think of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sauber shuffle the deckchairs on the Titanic.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108329

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1144 145 146 147 148335 Next