TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1132 133 134 135 136335 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:59 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Hotdogger wrote:
Just because Hembrey suggested a different glue solution as one of the possible fixes, does it completely rule out less wear as being another possible fix that they will try only if the glue solution doesn't fix it completely?

But you're using speculation over what's actually being said by everyone involved. Pirelli want a solution which isn't compound based, and the delaminations have not been caused due to high wear - they have come at random points during stints. So if you want to ignore what Paul says and assume the worst, and then ignore what Vettel says and assume he has a hidden agenda, then nothing will convince you, so what are we discussing?

The suggestion that Vettel wants the tyres changed to suit him, and Pirelli are changing the compound to suit Red Bull has no basis at all. And again, Vettel is a little shit for NOT mentioning it, but Lewis is just fine FOR mentioning it? What?

NASCAR tyres have no relevance here.

Quote:
Actually, the Canadian GP compounds were announced after the Monaco GP or around that time roughly. And how can SS/M be the softest possible choice if they ran SS/S at Monaco just a few weeks ago?

Tyres are announced weeks in advance. They have to be made and shipped. And Monaco is an exception because you can't run Mediums there properly because of how slow and low wear the circuit is. The split compound choice was announced last season.

It's also amazingly hard to google for citations because the talk now is about tyres, so googling gets you latest results on the scandal, rather than date the announcements were made.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:09 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

So many experts on tyre wear here on TBK. Vettel's complains about safety are ridiculous and can't really be verified. Hopefully he finally shuts up and stops moaning like a spoiled little brat. I don't like him but he's making it oh so easy for me to not like him even more. I've lived thru Schuey's 7 titles but it's nothing compared to Vettel and his bitching.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
Hotdogger wrote:
Just because Hembrey suggested a different glue solution as one of the possible fixes, does it completely rule out less wear as being another possible fix that they will try only if the glue solution doesn't fix it completely?

But you're using speculation over what's actually being said by everyone involved. Pirelli want a solution which isn't compound based, and the delaminations have not been caused due to high wear - they have come at random points during stints. So if you want to ignore what Paul says and assume the worst, and then ignore what Vettel says and assume he has a hidden agenda, then nothing will convince you, so what are we discussing?

The suggestion that Vettel wants the tyres changed to suit him, and Pirelli are changing the compound to suit Red Bull has no basis at all. And again, Vettel is a little shit for NOT mentioning it, but Lewis is just fine FOR mentioning it? What?

NASCAR tyres have no relevance here.

Quote:
Actually, the Canadian GP compounds were announced after the Monaco GP or around that time roughly. And how can SS/M be the softest possible choice if they ran SS/S at Monaco just a few weeks ago?

Tyres are announced weeks in advance. They have to be made and shipped. And Monaco is an exception because you can't run Mediums there properly because of how slow and low wear the circuit is. The split compound choice was announced last season.

It's also amazingly hard to google for citations because the talk now is about tyres, so googling gets you latest results on the scandal, rather than date the announcements were made.

Way I look at it, the difference is hiding behind the safety card rather than coming out and saying your car can't make the tyres last. Both are pathetic but one worse than the other. Yes, I realize that my post is a bit speculative obviously but I don't think wear has absolutely nothing to do with tyre failures. Pirelli didn't say that, from all that you've quoted to me so far. They've only suggested a method they felt 'may' fix the delamination issue.

And yes, tyres are announced weeks in advance, not months like you previously said. I have to keep track of these tyre compound announcements and the Canada compounds were not announced until sometime between Spain and Monaco.

Last edited by SBan83 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

And now you'll live through Vettel and his 8+ titles. :)

Haters gonna hate.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:47 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Vassago wrote:
So many experts on tyre wear here on TBK. Vettel's complains about safety are ridiculous and can't really be verified. Hopefully he finally shuts up and stops moaning like a spoiled little brat. I don't like him but he's making it oh so easy for me to not like him even more. I've lived thru Schuey's 7 titles but it's nothing compared to Vettel and his bitching.

If they "can't really be verified" how can you know they are "ridiculous"? (unless you are an expert)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:48 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Vassago wrote:

This post deserves it's own thread in the SoS forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Vassago wrote:

This post deserves it's own thread in the SoS forum.

Make it happen. Post is ridiculous enough. :flag:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
RtN wrote:

Haters gonna hate.

FIA and Ferrari will get a solution to that problem soon, they'll change the rules until Vettel stop winning

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If they were going to do that, they would've done so already. Bernie likes Seb, and the Toad will be driven out when they realise that F1 has no tyres next year.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
RtN wrote:

Haters gonna hate.

FIA and Ferrari will get a solution to that problem soon, they'll change the rules until Vettel stop winning

2014 will be the end of Vettel / RBR domination, I hope...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Red Bull has confirmed Vettel through to the end of 2015.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so I guess he'll try to be like other Sebastian, the Loeb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
so I guess he'll try to be like other Sebastian, the Loeb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:16 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:51 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Mattzel89 wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:56 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

2014 will depend a lot on engines. Mercedes will try not to repeat their 2006 V8 which was initially unreliable and down on power, and needed revisions. Ferrari have rarely made a bad engine - chassis yes, but their engines have generally been strong. Renault of course pioneered Turbo power back in the 70s and early 80s. McLaren have a year with Merc until the Honda comes on stream - and presumably will try another radical new chassis design ... although now "something good" would constitute radical at Woking. I don't see Red Bull going far wrong with similar aero regs, as long as Renault give them good power they'll be contenders again until that contract runs out. Whatever tyres they end up on will also be a factor of course ...

Vettel's had a good run this year but will have to encounter bad luck at some stage, hopefully there'll still be a title race by then rather than 2011 style where his bad luck was in Abu Dhabi and Brazil after winning the title. Silverstone is a different track and the long, fast corners will be harder on tyres than Montreal's long straights and slower speed corners. Red Bull have a downforce advantage since 2009, but Ferrari did well last year and in the 2011 Random Diffuser Regulations British Grand Prix ... Lotus need to get back on it or this will be another two horse race.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wrong thread OS. If you want to talk about F1 you need to go to the shitty / unfunny pictures thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thailand's Plan B.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/ ... or-thai-gp

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1132 133 134 135 136335 Next