TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1109 110 111 112 113335 Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It is a shame Muniz never got to go any further. Had he ever got to Sprint Cup at Daytona and been involved in a three wide battle, he really would have been Malcolm in the Middle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:58 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

He did probably race at Mid Ohio at some point tho....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 pm 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

These stats should come as a surprise to no-one, but I still laughed when I saw Taki Inoue upload this to facebook:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

what a legend :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:51 pm 
The most anticipated member

We had the debut of Rubens Barrichello as the third TV commentator and pit reporter in this Bahrain Grand Prix (not counting Rubens' first experience at Interlagos last year because he was just having fun rather than working).

And that's the actual reason why Barrichello withdraw from IndyCars. He knew that in IndyCar, in order to get all media attention he's accustomed with, he needed to win and win a lot so as he couldn't (winning at IndyCar is as hard as winning in F1, that's the reality) he decided to move away. He couldn't keep in IndyCar (broadcasted by a rival TV company - "Band TV", Barrichello knows that in Globo Network he's got more attention as Globo and its "glamour" allows their artists/workers to get more media attention than others...).

Not complaining about this (I even think he's a great commentator), I just think that Rubens prefers the media attention than actually driving cars and competing for wins. He's old, ok, but....that shows the other side of a driver, a driver who wants to be in evidence, no matter what.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can anybody do me a favour? I would like to know how manny overtakes were made in 2006,2009 and 2011 at the Monaco GP? Not counting 1st lap. thx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Sochi circuit appears to be on schedule.

www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106997

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:13 pm 
Permabanned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:59 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

there seem to be rumours circulating a 20th race has been added to the calendar on July 21st, pushing Germany forward by one week to July 7th.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tobias wrote:
there seem to be rumours circulating a 20th race has been added to the calendar on July 21st, pushing Germany forward by one week to July 7th.

I would find that very strange.

Imagine you have booked everything to go on holiday for that particular weekend... and all of a sudden they would change the date?

Nope, I can't see that happening tbh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeaa, I don't see that happening at all. Someone just got bored and started a rumour for shits n giggles.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Porsche: lack of road relevance in F1

A lack of relevance to road cars discouraged Porsche from returning to Formula 1, according to the firm's head of R&D Wolfgang Hatz. Although a future move had been mooted, the German marque has instead opted to make a sportscar comeback and will contest the LMP1 category of the World Endurance Championship (WEC) in 2014.

Porsche's new hybrid car is scheduled to begin its testing programme later this year, with certain elements being carried over to its latest road projects. With this aspect in mind, Hatz believes it was the only logical route for the manufacturer to take.

"We are a sports car company," Hatz explained to Autocar at the Shanghai motor show. “Porsche has always lived for the transfer of racing to production cars. For that reason it was clear two or three years ago that we had to be back in high-level motorsport, and it was a choice between top-flight sports cars or Formula 1.

"But the final decision was the only logical one. F1 was an alternative, but the road relevance is not there. Also, there is a lot of publicity around politics and tyres, but not so much about the engines and chassis. The aero, too, is incredible, but so extreme that it cannot result in any development in our road car understanding."

Red Bull's Mark Webber was said to have signed a long-term deal to race for Porsche in the WEC from 2014, although a spokesperson for the brand denied the rumours and explained that its driver line-up would not be confirmed until later in the year.

Even though they bring a lot of valid points, I don't fully agree. Off course there is a lot of talk about politics and tyres, but WEC just never hits the news in my country for example, apart for about 2 seconds when an Audi wins Le Mans. F1 at least is in the news after each Grand Prix.

Also in the newspapers here in my country there is ZERO interest, except for Le Mans and maybe for a race at Spa.

I'm not sure about other countries though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

aerogi wrote:
Quote:

A lack of relevance to road cars discouraged Porsche from returning to Formula 1, according to the firm's head of R&D Wolfgang Hatz. Although a future move had been mooted, the German marque has instead opted to make a sportscar comeback and will contest the LMP1 category of the World Endurance Championship (WEC) in 2014.

Porsche's new hybrid car is scheduled to begin its testing programme later this year, with certain elements being carried over to its latest road projects. With this aspect in mind, Hatz believes it was the only logical route for the manufacturer to take.

"We are a sports car company," Hatz explained to Autocar at the Shanghai motor show. “Porsche has always lived for the transfer of racing to production cars. For that reason it was clear two or three years ago that we had to be back in high-level motorsport, and it was a choice between top-flight sports cars or Formula 1.

"But the final decision was the only logical one. F1 was an alternative, but the road relevance is not there. Also, there is a lot of publicity around politics and tyres, but not so much about the engines and chassis. The aero, too, is incredible, but so extreme that it cannot result in any development in our road car understanding."

Red Bull's Mark Webber was said to have signed a long-term deal to race for Porsche in the WEC from 2014, although a spokesperson for the brand denied the rumours and explained that its driver line-up would not be confirmed until later in the year.

Even though they bring a lot of valid points, I don't fully agree. Off course there is a lot of talk about politics and tyres, but WEC just never hits the news in my country for example, apart for about 2 seconds when an Audi wins Le Mans. F1 at least is in the news after each Grand Prix.

Also in the newspapers here in my country there is ZERO interest, except for Le Mans and maybe for a race at Spa.

Depends on where you are...NASCAR is on the third page in the sports section here...while F1 just gets a little blurb in the statistics section.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Woodski wrote:
aerogi wrote:
Quote:

Depends on where you are...NASCAR is on the third page in the sports section here...while F1 just gets a little blurb in the statistics section.

True. But I don't think WEC or any of these 'prototype' championship gets a broad interest anywhere in the world? Except off course for the 24 hours Le Mans race.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Anything that happens in the area(Lime Rock ALMS/Grand-Am, NASCAR in New Hampshire) does get front page Sports news here though, sometimes Front Page news in general.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I guess people here (apart from the motorsport freaks) don't have any clue of what endurance means. Porsche is more recognizable than this kind of race around here in general.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If somone asked me what Porsche means to me, I'd answer with 911 and Le Mans.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:49 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
If somone asked me what Porsche means to me, I'd answer with 911 and Le Mans.

Spoiler:

I should feel bad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well you should feel bad. Hotlinking is clearly not allowed. tsk tsk :p

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
acopip wrote:
Spoiler:

I should feel bad.

fixed

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1109 110 111 112 113335 Next